Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Eyes of the Mothman

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:34 PM

<strong class='bbc'>Image credit: Virgil Films</strong>
Image credit: Virgil Films
Unexplained Mysteries: November 15th 1966 - four young adults traveling through the West Virginia backwoods of an abandoned TNT Plant, come across something, unnatural... The headlights from their '57 Chevy strike what appears to be a black, lurking, lumbering, 7 foot tall man with red eyes and wings! Before the winged man of Point Pleasant would make his departure from its menacing raid on the God fearing souls of this minute church going community, 46 people would die tragically and hundreds more would be left traumatized and emotionally scarred for life. With rumors adrift of a haunting Indian curse, wild stories of men in black, bridge collapses, and a history of uncanny coincidences, UFO sightings, and even alien abductions; The Eyes of the Mothman is the first feature length documentary to delve deeper than any other program to uncover the truth behind this unsolved mystery from 43 years ago.

Posted Image View: Full Article

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    UFO_Monster

UFO_Monster

Poltergeist

• 2,214 posts

• What looks spooky is not always scary. What looks cute is not always cuddly.

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:59 AM

I'm buying this. I am actually glad to have checked out the Featured News articles. :)

Posted Image
UFOs aren't always the alien's spacecraft...sometimes they are the aliens.

#3    Viral

Viral

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

• Nothing is true
    Everything is permitted

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:48 AM

Would it be wrong if I suggested all the footnotes about production are exaggerated or 'made-up' so that more people watch this thing?

Posted Image

#4    Pandora7321

Pandora7321

Perpetual Late Bloomer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

• My name is Anastasia Beaverhausen. Anastasia as in the Romanovs. Beaverhausen as in........where the beaver live.

-Karen Walker, "Will & Grace"

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:14 PM

As usual, I come into everything later than everyone else it seems. Just this past weekend I caught a rerun of the movie "The Mothman Prophecies". I've never seen the whole thing, just bits and pieces. Obviously I am aware that the movie is old at this point and is highly fictionalized to make it more interesting. However for some reason this time, it really, really piqued my interest. I started researching it on the internet to find out more about the actual supposed sightings and the incidents associated with it. Then I come on here today and see the "Eyes of the Mothman" posted on here. Odd coincidence,lol. Hope the MIB don't pay me a visit.  :(

Something kinda sad about
the way that things have come to be.
Desensitized to everything.
What became of subtlety?
- Tool, Stinkfist

#5    UFO_Monster

UFO_Monster

Poltergeist

• 2,214 posts

• What looks spooky is not always scary. What looks cute is not always cuddly.

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:54 PM

View PostVirus, on 21 February 2011 - 07:48 AM, said:

Would it be wrong if I suggested all the footnotes about production are exaggerated or 'made-up' so that more people watch this thing?
It doesn't bother me, and I am a hardcore believer. Movies like The Mothman Prophecies are a terrible first exposure for those who are researching the phenomenon. That movie was severely inaccurate; it is purely fiction.

Posted Image
UFOs aren't always the alien's spacecraft...sometimes they are the aliens.

#6    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 5,029 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:41 PM

Fortean events do happen, some very, very strange.  We need to live in a world that has some semblance of order, though perhaps that is a crutch we all need to simply surive.  Books stores are full of stories about the experiences of others.  Are all of them lies, perhaps many, even most, but all.....well I am not sure.

Peace
mark

#7    xXHellkittiesXx

xXHellkittiesXx

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

• >^.^<

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:24 PM

I wonder what people are seeing if anything?  It reminds me of Pazuzu a little bit.

#8    Finguz

Finguz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 240 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:02 PM

View PostxXHellkittiesXx, on 26 February 2011 - 01:24 PM, said:

I wonder what people are seeing if anything?  It reminds me of Pazuzu a little bit.

Oh they want us to pay for the priviledge, no thanks :) I smell lots of hype, followed by a short documentary listing all the known sightings e.t.c, followed by the credits.

For some reason I'd rather keep the money :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users