Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Movies That Are So Bad, They're Good

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#46    Bracket

Bracket

Evil Monkey Genius

• 3,968 posts

• I'm the fourth wise monkey.

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:14 PM

View PostStarMountainKid, on 22 February 2011 - 11:13 PM, said:

Have we forgotton 'Plan 9 from Outer Space'? From the continuity glitches, the cardboard grave markers, the flying saucers hung on strings, the absurd dialogue, the cop scratching his neck with a loaded pistol, to...Well, the unintended comedy continues on and on.

It's Ed Wood's masterpiece, and Bela Lugosi's last film.

Well, yes, of course. That's considered one of the worst films of all time.

I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

*Note to self, need more henchman, good ones this time. Also, start auditions for new female lab assistant.

#47    Nadia B.

Nadia B.

Streaky Freak

• 3,407 posts

• Demented Momilie of the Day: There is not a tampon in this world that will give you the joy and freedom portrayed in a Tampax commercial.

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:18 PM

View PostPaul Disaster, on 22 February 2011 - 09:28 PM, said:

Oh my God YES! I thought I was teh only person who had ever seen this movie.

Hah!  Yeah, I used to LOVE The Wraith.  :lol:  

My new list
Dead Alive
Zombie Strippers :lol:  Sorry!  I love it!
Killer Klowns From Outer Space
Drive Thru (this is the most badASS killer clown EVER!)

I know there's more, but that's enough for now.  :lol:

Posted Image
Skepticism is good, but when you reach a certain level where
you're grasping at straws and making little sense... it's not
called skepticism.  It's called ignorance.
CRYPTO ENTHUSIAST GUYS ROCK!

#48    Rocketgirl

Rocketgirl

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

• "I envy the dead for they do not have to see how the world is changing for the worst."
    -Rocketgirl

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:21 PM

View PostNadia B., on 22 February 2011 - 11:18 PM, said:

Hah!  Yeah, I used to LOVE The Wraith.  :lol:  

My new list
Dead Alive
Zombie Strippers :lol:  Sorry!  I love it!
Killer Klowns From Outer Space
Drive Thru (this is the most badASS killer clown EVER!)

I know there's more, but that's enough for now.  :lol:

I love Killer Klowns from Outer Space. Every time I watch it I have to eat cotton candy. However, I must admit that the clowns in that movie are creepy looking.

"I envy the dead for they do not have to see how the world is changing for the worst."
-Rocketgirl

"Try to change the world for the better, if you fail keep trying. Always aim for that impact of change in a positive way."
-Rocketgirl

#49    Bracket

Bracket

Evil Monkey Genius

• 3,968 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:24 PM

View PostRocketgirl, on 22 February 2011 - 11:21 PM, said:

I love Killer Klowns from Outer Space. Every time I watch it I have to eat cotton candy. However, I must admit that the clowns in that movie are creepy looking.

Yeah, that is a good one.  :lol:

I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung.

*Note to self, need more henchman, good ones this time. Also, start auditions for new female lab assistant.

#50    Nadia B.

Nadia B.

Streaky Freak

• 3,407 posts

• Demented Momilie of the Day: There is not a tampon in this world that will give you the joy and freedom portrayed in a Tampax commercial.

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:27 PM

YES, they were.  :lol:  The IT clown still takes the cake for scaring the crap out of me most, though.

Posted Image

#51    Rocketgirl

Rocketgirl

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

• "I envy the dead for they do not have to see how the world is changing for the worst."
    -Rocketgirl

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:29 PM

View PostNadia B., on 22 February 2011 - 11:27 PM, said:

YES, they were.  :lol:  The IT clown still takes the cake for scaring the crap out of me most, though.

I remember when I was little I used to have nightmares because of that movie. Now it just makes me jumpy when I watch it.

"I envy the dead for they do not have to see how the world is changing for the worst."
-Rocketgirl

"Try to change the world for the better, if you fail keep trying. Always aim for that impact of change in a positive way."
-Rocketgirl

#52    ~TheBigK~

~TheBigK~

Government Agent

• 3,930 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:30 PM

90% of the movies Bruce Campbell makes.

As for the Evil Dead trilogy, I'm not sure if I would put those on the list. I mean they have corny parts but they're supposed to be silly at points, hence the term "splatstick". I wouldn't consider them bad per se. If you watch Evil Dead 2 and then Man with the Screaming Brain, ED2 will seem oscar-worthy. :P

There are many "so bad they're good" movies I've seen, but I'm having trouble thinking of the ones worth mentioning.

Posted Image

#53    Nadia B.

Nadia B.

Streaky Freak

• 3,407 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:33 PM

View PostRocketgirl, on 22 February 2011 - 11:29 PM, said:

I remember when I was little I used to have nightmares because of that movie. Now it just makes me jumpy when I watch it.

I saw it for the first time at 17.  20 years later, it still gives me nightmares. :lol:

OH Bubba Hotep is another one, since we're talking about the wonderful Bruce Campbell.  :wub:

Posted Image

#54    Bracket

Bracket

Evil Monkey Genius

• 3,968 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:34 PM

View PostNadia B., on 22 February 2011 - 11:27 PM, said:

I never found that movie scary. Not at all. I've never even understood the hype over that movie either.

View Post~TheBigK~, on 22 February 2011 - 11:30 PM, said:

90% of the movies Bruce Campbell makes.As for the Evil Dead trilogy, I'm not sure if I would put those on the list. I mean they have corny parts but they're supposed to be silly at points, hence the term "splatstick". I wouldn't consider them bad per se. If you watch Evil Dead 2 and then Man with the Screaming Brain, ED2 will seem oscar-worthy. :PThere are many "so bad they're good" movies I've seen, but I'm having trouble thinking of the ones worth mentioning.

Take your time.  :tu:

#55    Rocketgirl

Rocketgirl

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

-Rocketgirl

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:39 PM

I just remember another movie called Feast. There's three of them. The way that the third one ended, doesn't make any sense. It's a lame movie as well, but still watchable.

-Rocketgirl

-Rocketgirl

#56    Lady Shade

Lady Shade

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 120 posts

• A baby's laughter is one of the most beautiful sounds you will ever hear.
    Unless it's 3am and your home alone and you don't have a baby.

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:43 PM

View PostStarMountainKid, on 22 February 2011 - 11:13 PM, said:

Have we forgotton 'Plan 9 from Outer Space'? From the continuity glitches, the cardboard grave markers, the flying saucers hung on strings, the absurd dialogue, the cop scratching his neck with a loaded pistol, to...Well, the unintended comedy continues on and on.

It's Ed Wood's masterpiece, and Bela Lugosi's last film.

Oh yuck, you win! give em the prize. That was awful, lol. :tsu:

Edited by Lady Shade, 22 February 2011 - 11:44 PM.

Posted Image
Be who you want to be, not what others want to see!

#57    Bracket

Bracket

Evil Monkey Genius

• 3,968 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:47 PM

View PostRocketgirl, on 22 February 2011 - 11:39 PM, said:

I just remember another movie called Feast. There's three of them. The way that the third one ended, doesn't make any sense. It's a lame movie as well, but still watchable.

Yeah, i've only seen the first one. How were the sequels?

#58    Rocketgirl

Rocketgirl

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

-Rocketgirl

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:56 PM

View PostBracket, on 22 February 2011 - 11:47 PM, said:

Yeah, i've only seen the first one. How were the sequels?

The second one is good, but the third doesn't make any sense at the end.  There was suppose to be a fourth movie to explain those creatures, but it has yet to be made. The second one kind of reminded me of Dawn of the Dead (the remake) when they are on the roof. Both are worth at least one viewing each.

-Rocketgirl

-Rocketgirl

#59    Bracket

Bracket

Evil Monkey Genius

• 3,968 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:09 AM

View PostRocketgirl, on 22 February 2011 - 11:56 PM, said:

The second one is good, but the third doesn't make any sense at the end.  There was suppose to be a fourth movie to explain those creatures, but it has yet to be made. The second one kind of reminded me of Dawn of the Dead (the remake) when they are on the roof. Both are worth at least one viewing each.

Was Krista Allen in the sequels? She was pretty hot in the first one.  ;)

#60    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:12 AM

Hell Comes to Frogtown...  has to be one my favorite bad movies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users