Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Necromancy

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#91    Teddiumtum

Teddiumtum

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:29 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 11 April 2013 - 05:17 AM, said:

Yeah that's what I basically said with my last post on here
Oops sorry I did not see that.

#92    conspiracy buff

conspiracy buff

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

Science may one day be able to do this whether it is physical resurrection of our bones or whether it is DNA cloning.  It is a thin line though and I don't think scientists should be playing God.  What's dead should remain that way.  This is one topic that not even I would look into or get behind.  Too creepy.

There is a grain of truth in every conspiracy known to man, you just have to be intelligent enough to find it.

#93    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

View Postconspiracy buff, on 11 April 2013 - 12:16 PM, said:

Science may one day be able to do this whether it is physical resurrection of our bones or whether it is DNA cloning.  It is a thin line though and I don't think scientists should be playing God.  What's dead should remain that way.  This is one topic that not even I would look into or get behind.  Too creepy.
Yeah we dont need any scientist playing Doctor Frankeintein, I agree with you

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#94    Jewgeni

Jewgeni

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

• Only the dead have seen the end of war.

- George Santayana

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

I think the time will come when science will be able to prolong our life to an extent, where "death" will have a new meaning. What I'm thinking about is the use of technology to transfer consciousness from the biological computer (brain) to the technological computer.

This is all just speculations right now, of course. But with this concept, death wouldn't mean the same thing like it does today. Your body will die, because of cells cannot live forever. Technology instead can stay for an infinite amount of time (assumed there will be maintenance, upgrading of the current technology and energy supply is guaranteed).

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." - George Santayana

#95    modas

modas

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 85 posts

• Any idiot with a good memory can pass an exam but not every genius wins a Nobel prize.

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:51 AM

well you can summon spirits as far as i know and some peple say they use "Lesser Key of Solomon - Goetia" wich was translated by Alistair Crowley
here is the link http://hermetic.com/.../pdf/goetia.pdf
but i dont know if you can bring back the dead body. my opinion not now maby later

Edited by modas, 15 April 2013 - 08:52 AM.

#96    Dracos Nightwolf

Dracos Nightwolf

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:39 AM

Those books are for evoking spirits, not souls.

The beings evoked are not formerly living beings. They are not, and have never been human.

#97    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:22 PM

View PostDracos Nightwolf, on 18 April 2013 - 01:39 AM, said:

Those books are for evoking spirits, not souls.

The beings evoked are not formerly living beings. They are not, and have never been human.
Good point

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users