Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK Government Releases UFO Files..

PaoloWillente

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/03/03/uk-britain-ufo-files-idUKTRE72205520110303

"The government Thursday released 35 previously classified files documenting sightings of unidentified flying objects (UFOs) by the military and members of the public dating back to the 1950s."

The files contain around 8,500 pages which mainly cover the period from 1997 to 2005 and include photographs, drawings and descriptions of flying saucer sightings, as well as letters the Ministry of Defence sent eyewitnesses in response to their accounts.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• quillius

• Space Commander Travis

• booNyzarC

• Kali74

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't tell me, Nick Pope is baffled?

There has got to be many differnt invasions taking place with aliens from several different planets.Why so...Because every UFO is different from another sighting. Forget the lights on dark nights could be even more planetary aliens taking a look at us.I think that we have an interplanetary war taking place in our skies. Lots of LOL

There has got to be many differnt invasions taking place with aliens from several different planets.Why so...Because every UFO is different from another sighting. Forget the lights on dark nights could be even more planetary aliens taking a look at us.I think that we have an interplanetary war taking place in our skies. Lots of LOL

Why does it 'have to be' aliens from several different planets ???? does every 'different alien' have only one type of 'UFO' ????

its not a rule.take humans...we have thousens of car models.why would they not have different ships too?

Cars still all follow a basic design. There isn't one were you have to think to yourself "is that a car?"

Don't UFOs basically come in, well, two basic shapes really, don't they, it seems; your classic Saucer or Disc, and various variations on the triangular shape. So I don't really think that every UFO is radically different. What differences are reported could easily be accounted by the way that eyewitnesses to anything will report things slightly differently. Whether that goes for against their being craft of some kind, I don't know (could people just be filling in the details with what they assume a UFO looks like from popular culture, for instance, or does the general similarity add credibility?)

A car looks different from an SUV, which looks different from a truck, and by the transitive property the truck looks different from the car.

A car looks different from an SUV, which looks different from a truck, and by the transitive property the truck looks different from the car.

Would Aeroplanes not be a better analogy to portray the concept?

On land transportation varies quite a bit from trains to cars to buses etc etc.....

Cars still all follow a basic design. There isn't one were you have to think to yourself "is that a car?"

have you ever seen a KA?

On land transportation varies quite a bit from trains to cars to buses etc etc.....

as it does in the air...jets, propeller planes, helicopters, jump jets, gliders, balloons, parachutes...

That's true, and a good analogy with my very astute observation about there being two basic forms of UFO; there are two basic forms of aircraft, aren't there, with wings and with rotors, so it just goes to prove my analogy, see. Maybe there are two basic kinds of propuslion that UFOs use, or one for craft that operate predominantly in atmospheres, and one that are capable of more long distance spaceflight.

None of the files will ever give you any new information except for perhaps a new incident you'd never heard of. I doubt any of the files will even be Confidential. Even if photos do exist of the alleged craft that landed in Rendlesham forest - they will never be released. Ever.

The MoD classify documents based on what defence significance they have and what potential damage could be done due to their release. If they deem the Rendlesham incident to pose significant threat to national security, or Top Secret, then it will be locked away forever. That's kinda the point of classifying things. If the UK was planning to nuke Russia - the plans wouldn't be released after 30 years just because the time is up on the classification.

Thats right. when we are talking 'car'

as it does in the air...jets, propeller planes, helicopters, jump jets, gliders, balloons, parachutes...

I dont see how gliders, balloons and parachutes can be classified as aeroplanes???

to reach a certain height for air travel (broaden it from aeroplanes) then we still have limited types that are all obviously aeroplanes still

That's true, and a good analogy with my very astute observation about there being two basic forms of UFO; there are two basic forms of aircraft, aren't there, with wings and with rotors, so it just goes to prove my analogy, see. Maybe there are two basic kinds of propuslion that UFOs use, or one for craft that operate predominantly in atmospheres, and one that are capable of more long distance spaceflight.

exactly 747....as they suggest different models maybe but only limited types of! I was driving at the wings element myself :)

Maybe there are two basic kinds of propuslion that UFOs use, or one for craft that operate predominantly in atmospheres, and one that are capable of more long distance spaceflight.

hmmmmmm.... you mean identical differences?

My link

:mellow:

What about cones, cylinders, pears, and eggs? I'm probably forgetting some lol.

Those are Mogul Balloons :P

not to forget pyramids n diamonds.... :alien:

not to forget pyramids n diamonds.... :alien:

Plasma :P

Oh yeah, how silly of me :P

Well, now I'm hungry. :lol:

Don't tell me, Nick Pope is baffled?

and you can explain then all away ?

Your wrong every ufo sighting is not different and, how many crafts does the untied states military have ?

To your sarcastic comment about several different planets NASA just said they believe there is 500,000,000 earth like worlds in our galaxy , so I have no problem with the thought there could several races coming here.