Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Looking for paranormal short stories


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1    UltraThunderMan

UltraThunderMan

    The Ultra One

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Joined:23 Apr 2009
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:17 PM

I am looking for new reading material.  What are some good paranormal short stories, preferably some that are online that I can read for free.  Please no aliens, only ghosts and demons and bigfeet and things of the like.


#2    Leah G.

Leah G.

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,966 posts
  • Joined:03 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:U.S.A.

Posted 05 March 2011 - 03:38 PM

View PostUltraThunderMan, on 04 March 2011 - 01:17 PM, said:

I am looking for new reading material.  What are some good paranormal short stories, preferably some that are online that I can read for free.  Please no aliens, only ghosts and demons and bigfeet and things of the like.

Try my book, Personally Haunted, it's available on line but only to buy, it's at Amazon. It's a short novel, not really a short story but you can probably read it in a day.

Gracie Hatchet


#3    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

    Soulless Minion Of Orthodoxy

  • Member
  • 3,608 posts
  • Joined:20 Jul 2008
  • Gender:Male

  • Question everything

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:19 AM

If you haven't already, try Horrormasters.com. They have a number of newer stories (some of them unfortunately rather lame) and a _huge_ collection of classic stories.

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

#4    Dr Strange

Dr Strange

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 211 posts
  • Joined:15 Feb 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:15 PM

I really liked 'Smoke and Mirrors' by Niel Gaiman.
I'm not sure if it's exactly the kind of thing you're looking for, so do a little research first!

Posted Image

#5    UltraThunderMan

UltraThunderMan

    The Ultra One

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Joined:23 Apr 2009
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:46 PM

View PostOniomancer, on 06 March 2011 - 05:19 AM, said:

If you haven't already, try Horrormasters.com. They have a number of newer stories (some of them unfortunately rather lame) and a _huge_ collection of classic stories.

Thanks, this place is a gold mine.  They've even got a bunch of stuff on Ambrose Bierce, who i love.  I'll definitely be checking it out.


#6    UltraThunderMan

UltraThunderMan

    The Ultra One

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Joined:23 Apr 2009
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:47 PM

View PostDr Strange, on 08 March 2011 - 08:15 PM, said:

I really liked 'Smoke and Mirrors' by Niel Gaiman.
I'm not sure if it's exactly the kind of thing you're looking for, so do a little research first!

Unfortunately i cannot take your suggestion as you are now my enemy because of what you said in the xmen first class thread.  good day sir!   :devil:  that was sarcasm by the way.


#7    Dr Strange

Dr Strange

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 211 posts
  • Joined:15 Feb 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:26 PM

View PostUltraThunderMan, on 08 March 2011 - 08:47 PM, said:

Unfortunately i cannot take your suggestion as you are now my enemy because of what you said in the xmen first class thread.  good day sir!   :devil:  that was sarcasm by the way.

*Roar, slash, be angry, repeat*

Posted Image

#8    Cryptozological Mascot

Cryptozological Mascot

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Joined:24 Apr 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vancouver, WA

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:09 PM

Authorstand.com has a HUGE amount of free works by aspiring authors... some aren't very good, but some are outstanding.  I'm on there too...

The world is my oyster... and I'm allergic to sea food.
My Background / Credentials

#9    applegrove

applegrove

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Joined:15 Feb 2009
  • Gender:Female

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:00 PM

Here is a code for a free copy of my paranormal short story at My link

Free Copy Code: JA47H (free code expires in one month)


Silent Sentinel by A. K. Harris, type in the code, anyone on the UM forums can read it for free because ya'll are just cool like that. :)

Edited by applegrove, 01 May 2011 - 07:02 PM.

Visit Me At My Web Home.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users