Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 5 votes

What is the scariest movie?

• Please log in to reply
581 replies to this topic

#106    King Of Kings.

King Of Kings.

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:09 PM

View PostTrent_6, on 08 March 2011 - 01:48 PM, said:

Definitely The Exorcist

Totaly wheni was a kid and i seen that i cried i was so scared.  :cry:

#107    Tom B

Tom B

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:20 PM

The first time I saw the Blair Witch Project in the theater, this is before it got insanely popular. It freaked me out to no end, reason being is I had to use my imagination to fill in the blanks and thats what made it scary.

#108    Dsm

Dsm

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:43 PM

Nekromantic creeped me the hell out. Possibly due to the grainy production, aswell as the multiple acts of corpse loving. Not many movies make me feel sick afterwards, but Nekromantic managed it, as did Dread (2009). I'm desensitized to most of the classics now (TCM, Exorcist, etc).

#109    Prigget

Prigget

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 40 posts

• I'm not on drugs, I'm just always hyper ^^

Posted 10 July 2011 - 06:28 PM

Am I the only person who found 'The Exorcist' not scary at all ? I watched it alone in the dark when I was 11...
But the only movie ( based on true events ) that still terrifies me is 'The exorcism of Emily Rose'. I've seen it 3 times and it's horrible !

# My life theory : Humans = tiny atoms. Too much thinking about who created them and what happens after they die...

#110    TheNightOwl

TheNightOwl

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:01 AM

I'm a huge fan of horror films of all sorts but the films that really get to me are those that deal with the supernatural. Usually I'm not scared when I watch them but that night.....you couldn't pay me to watch a ghost movie alone. The only film to ever scare me in theaters was Paranormal Activity 2. It was just a lot of jumps. I think the "found footage" format is very effective. The French film "High Tension" was very suspenseful also.

#111    TheNightOwl

TheNightOwl

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:14 AM

View Postthewatchman7, on 19 June 2011 - 11:43 AM, said:

hey guys and girls,
i saw a movie as a kid, its about this traveling circus, its black and white and they actually used people with deformities for it.
i think it may have been 1950's, or 60's but it was darn terrifying.
to this day ive not been able to find it, anyone know?

The movie you are speaking of is probably "Freaks". It came out in the 1930's.

#112    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:19 AM

Not sure if anyone has said this yet but A Serbian film is said to be the scariest. Just reading the plot line is scary enough for me.

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

#113    SoloCell

SoloCell

Government Agent

• 3,284 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:41 PM

View PostZaraKitty, on 18 April 2012 - 12:19 AM, said:

Not sure if anyone has said this yet but A Serbian film is said to be the scariest. Just reading the plot line is scary enough for me.

It's not scary, just gross.

#114    MetallicBlood

MetallicBlood

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

• You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:52 PM

Eraserhead, this movie will scare you into a coma. I actually watched it alone in my bedroom with the lights off...and I have no idea how I managed that...It was a very strange kinda movie in that I wasn't so freaked out while watching it, but afterward when I kept thinking about it, that's a true physiological film!

I talked to some people on campus who actually told me they were too scared to finish watching the movie...it's very intense in its own weird and subtle ways...

Edited by MetallicBlood, 18 April 2012 - 11:56 PM.

She stands out in a crowd, she thinks out loud to save her breath, with a portrait of her parents death.

#115    MetallicBlood

MetallicBlood

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

• You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:11 AM

View PostEmma_Acid, on 09 March 2011 - 06:09 PM, said:

The only movie thats ever given me nightmares is Mulholland Drive. Dunno why, but it affects me on a really fundamental level.

I've been meaning to watch that for the LONGEST time! I actually picked that movie up from a Blockbuster store that was closing down and the movie's been sitting on my shelf for months!

After I finish my classes and Im not so busy I think I'll grab some friends for a movienight.

Edited by MetallicBlood, 19 April 2012 - 12:12 AM.

She stands out in a crowd, she thinks out loud to save her breath, with a portrait of her parents death.

#116    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,350 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:41 AM

the Spice Girls Movie.

#117    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:00 AM

View Postjaguarsky, on 10 March 2011 - 01:59 PM, said:

There are "scary" movies, of which the Exorcist is a prime example and then there are the ones that were artfully crafted to wrap themselves around your psyche and take you for a ride days or months after you left the theatre. I love a good scare like everyone else but most movies I watch now give me only the immediate scare and done. The film that creeped me out the most and for the longest and truthfully still gives me the willies long after watching is 'Carnival of Souls', the original. (I believe there was a remake a few years back) Its B/W and has some great camera angle work going. If you haven't seen it, give it a try, just don't think you will come away quite the same.
Carnival of Souls is one of my all time favorite movies.

I am another Exorcist gets my vote.A lot of possession movies are disturbing.
Night of the Living Dead ,terrified me as a child.
I can watch it now ,no problem,but the Exorcist still bothers me.
The original Japanese Grudge ,parts one and two.One missed call is completely creepy.

The Audition was the creepiest movie I've ever seen.I am not squeamish,and I cannot watch the piano wire scene without turning away at least 2x.
Alien,Jaws,Halloween,Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm St,were all very scary when they first came out,as there was nothing like this movies at the time.

The first time I saw Brotherhood of the Wolf,I was on the edge of my chair.
There are a lot.

Miss me?

#118    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,065 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:09 AM

View PostNadia B., on 12 March 2011 - 04:53 AM, said:

Killer klowns from outer space?

I assume you mean this one:

+++

Holy crap. I thought this post was just a month old!!

Edited by Abramelin, 19 April 2012 - 10:11 AM.

#119    RockabyeBillie

RockabyeBillie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

• And a million baneful words couldn't bring me to my knees.

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

I haven't really seen a movie that scared me.  The Ring didn't bother me, Boogeyman didn't have any affect, I laughed through Ring 2... Dog Soldiers was kinda boring... Poltergeist is entertaining as well as Exorcism... Paranormal Activity made me feel a bit uneasy at certain parts but nothing I lost sleep over.

Any suggestions? I'm not a huge fan of gore (doesn't scare me, just gross), so subtle things might work best.

Posted Image

Whether you think you can or whether you think you cant, you're right! -Henry Ford

#120    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:09 PM

The Haunting (1963), the classic haunted house movie

The Innocents (1961), creepy subtexts and the distinct lines between what is real and what is imagined is blurred

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users