Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 5 votes

What is the scariest movie?

• Please log in to reply
601 replies to this topic

#31    conspiracybeliever

conspiracybeliever

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 06:48 PM

The Excorcist
The Shining
The Sixth Sense

I love a good scarey movie. There aren't many out there. I like scarey not blooody.

#32    Blu

Blu

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

• Robicle Nesticlermatus

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:16 PM

The Exorcist is forever my favourite and forever the most disturbing.

Posted Image

#33    Melly

Melly

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

• "Dude means nice guy. Dude means a regular sort of person." - Captain America

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:29 PM

View Postjaguarsky, on 10 March 2011 - 01:59 PM, said:

There are "scary" movies, of which the Exorcist is a prime example and then there are the ones that were artfully crafted to wrap themselves around your psyche and take you for a ride days or months after you left the theatre. I love a good scare like everyone else but most movies I watch now give me only the immediate scare and done. The film that creeped me out the most and for the longest and truthfully still gives me the willies long after watching is 'Carnival of Souls', the original. (I believe there was a remake a few years back) Its B/W and has some great camera angle work going. If you haven't seen it, give it a try, just don't think you will come away quite the same.
"Carnvial of Souls" is great. It's kind of "Sixth Sense"-ish with the twist at the end.  Very eerie, indeed.  I can't think of one movie that really "scared" me, though.  I'd have to go with Alien and agree with the poster who noted that the fact you didn't see the monster right away helped to build up suspense.  The part where Dallas is on the ladder and waves his torch then *munch*. Yep.  That made me jump!

"...I shake you warmly by the hand."- Willy Wonka
"Nope. I don't have a gambling problem. I'm winning and winning is not a problem. That's like saying Michael Jordan has a basketball problem or Def Leppard has an awesomeness problem. So why don't y'all pour some sugar on that!" - Earl Hickey

#34    Wookietim

Wookietim

Alien Abducter

• 4,907 posts

• Search on the Android App Store for "Mothras Unexplained Mysteries" for the app I am very proud of...

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:46 PM

View PostxBlackDahliax, on 08 March 2011 - 01:40 PM, said:

What is the scariest movie you have ever seen in your life? ... :ph34r:

Very easy : Stanley Kubricks "The Shining"

I have no idea why, but that movie works on every level to reinforce the tension and scariness of it. There are scenes in it that send chills down my spine no matter how many times I see it (For example: Danny goes to his room to get a toy and his father is just sitting on his bed, staring into space... then turns his head toward Danny with a big smile baring all his teeth... That scene is just plain scary, I don't care what you say).

#35    Wookietim

Wookietim

Alien Abducter

• 4,907 posts

• Search on the Android App Store for "Mothras Unexplained Mysteries" for the app I am very proud of...

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:48 PM

View PostMelly, on 11 March 2011 - 08:29 PM, said:

"Carnvial of Souls" is great. It's kind of "Sixth Sense"-ish with the twist at the end.  Very eerie, indeed.  I can't think of one movie that really "scared" me, though.  I'd have to go with Alien and agree with the poster who noted that the fact you didn't see the monster right away helped to build up suspense.  The part where Dallas is on the ladder and waves his torch then *munch*. Yep.  That made me jump!

Yeah - "Carnival of souls" actually is very scary! And, just like my vote for the Shining, there is no specific reason why it is so scary... It's all in the way things are filmed or the music rather than simple jump scares...

#36    SlimJim22

SlimJim22

Alien Abducter

• 4,682 posts

• "As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being." Carl Jung

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:00 PM

Relative to my age the scariest film was The Gate but I was only six I think. I'm pretty sure it was a sheets change event.

Seriously though, no one stands out as being awsomely scary. I grew up on Maniac Cop and 80s classic horror but some older ones stand out and even the odd modern horror flick. The Sentinel was scary, Audition was wierd but I would probably have to go for a David Kronenberg film like the Brood or Shivers. It is one of my favourite genres though and one I've overlooked in recent years. Carnival of Souls sounds like a riot.

"I belive no thing, I follow the Law of One. I am a Man-O'-Sion under construction."

#37    runninglady

runninglady

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 02:08 AM

View PostxBlackDahliax, on 08 March 2011 - 01:40 PM, said:

What is the scariest movie you have ever seen in your life? ... :ph34r:
  Home Movie.
  Joshua.
  The Item.
  Definitely the Bieber movie.  We refer to it as The Omen, The True Story.

Inside.

Edited by runninglady, 12 March 2011 - 02:19 AM.

#38    Nadia B.

Nadia B.

Streaky Freak

• 3,407 posts

• Demented Momilie of the Day: There is not a tampon in this world that will give you the joy and freedom portrayed in a Tampax commercial.

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:53 AM

View PostRobbie333, on 10 March 2011 - 05:25 PM, said:

Hey, I cannot for the life of me remember the films name but I had a party once and my friends brought over , ummm, Attack of the Killer Clowns? Cheesy to say the least and funny.

Killer klowns from outer space?

Posted Image
Skepticism is good, but when you reach a certain level where
you're grasping at straws and making little sense... it's not
called skepticism.  It's called ignorance.
CRYPTO ENTHUSIAST GUYS ROCK!

#39    Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko

Who's to say what is proper?

• 2,990 posts

• "Is this your last best chance? Or are you going to your grave with unlived lives in your veins?"

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:54 AM

The Shinning is very frightening, it drives you mad along with Jack.

The Excorcist is scary, but I'm more frightened by The Emily Rose story. *Shivers*

There's an old short film I saw where the crazies in an Asylum take over and they fill a narrow hall (the walls) with a bunch of razor blades - the staff become the victims and it's just so scary!

Evil Dead.

Night of the Demons/the ending stuff where they're chasing the blonde girl.

#40    Robbie333

Robbie333

"Seek and you shall find"

• 2,790 posts

• Do not stand at my grave and weep
    I am not there; I do not sleep.

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:22 PM

View PostNadia B., on 12 March 2011 - 04:53 AM, said:

Killer klowns from outer space?

Damn Clownes had sharp teeth and were hideous but funny. Cheesy to the 1st factor there Nadia. A must see.:w00t:

Robbie James

#41    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:46 PM

View PostNadia B., on 09 March 2011 - 02:36 AM, said:

--
The Ring (Not EVEN going to mention how terrified I was a week later  :ph34r: )
--
Without a doubt, this is the scariest movie I've ever seen.  That little girl sends shivers down my spine...

The Shining definitely is up there too, but I watched it as a kid so I was probably a bit more prone to being scared.

The Exorcist didn't scare me at all though.  Maybe if I actually believed in demonic possession it would be scary, but I don't.

#42    SKPandAVP

SKPandAVP

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 174 posts

• I was born in the arms of imaginary friends

Posted 12 March 2011 - 06:44 PM

E.T. is the scarriest movie of all time.
Followed by Dawn of the Dead
then Signs

...and like Icarus I collide
Posted Image

#43    Nadia B.

Nadia B.

Streaky Freak

• 3,407 posts

• Demented Momilie of the Day: There is not a tampon in this world that will give you the joy and freedom portrayed in a Tampax commercial.

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:32 AM

View PostRobbie333, on 12 March 2011 - 03:22 PM, said:

Damn Clownes had sharp teeth and were hideous but funny. Cheesy to the 1st factor there Nadia. A must see.:w00t:

I've seen it a few times.  It rocks! :lol:

Posted Image
Skepticism is good, but when you reach a certain level where
you're grasping at straws and making little sense... it's not
called skepticism.  It's called ignorance.
CRYPTO ENTHUSIAST GUYS ROCK!

#44    Numerol

Numerol

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 30 posts

• Anything you shouldn't see is worth watching,except what you shouldn't watch...

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:20 PM

I was like 6 and there was a movie called "Bad Moon" or something like that,about a werewolf,at the time it scared the s..t out of me,after a few years i re watched it and it was,cheesy and un-scary.
I never actually saw the Exorcist,but i have it on Blu-ray (the extended directors cut) I'll watch it tonight  ^_^

Posted Image
It's obviously Princess Peach holding a giant bottle of dark liquor. -New Ares

#45    SlimJim22

SlimJim22

Alien Abducter

• 4,682 posts

• "As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being." Carl Jung

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:02 PM

View PostNadia B., on 13 March 2011 - 02:32 AM, said:

I've seen it a few times.  It rocks! :lol:

Do they suck your brain through a straw? I think I have a memory of that and I hope it was a film.

Clowns are extremely scary especially when played by Tim Currie.

"I belive no thing, I follow the Law of One. I am a Man-O'-Sion under construction."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users