Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 5 votes

What is the scariest movie?

• Please log in to reply
593 replies to this topic

#316    CuriousGreek

CuriousGreek

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

• Dang!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

I'd have to say the exorcist...the tv programme had this movie many years ago, when i was still a child, and i wanted to watch it. I shut the tv down and left before the movie ended and i had nightmares that same night. The only movie , that terrified me so much!!! :P

Edited by CuriousGreek, 29 November 2012 - 09:49 AM.

Αν ανάμεσα σ’ όλον τον κόσμο,
νιώθεις πως δεν υπάρχουνε λύσεις,
τότε μόνο δυο μάτια μπορούνε,
να σε κάνουν να θέλεις να ζήσεις.

#317    ploppy

ploppy

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:20 PM

V/H/S was not a bad found footage film at all. It was creepy/spooky though, perhaps not 'scary' and had some good twists.

#318    MetallicBlood

MetallicBlood

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

• You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:38 AM

View PostInsaniac, on 28 October 2012 - 08:44 PM, said:

10 - Paranormal Activity.

Now, you're probably thinking "PA, what the hell?" but denial aside, the first movie was scary. Watch it alone, at night, with the volumne way up. It only turned to trash when Hollywood started farting out sequels.

I was actually falling asleep while I was watching that...so many times where I wanted to just get up and turn it off, but I kept watching to see if it would get good, it never did...That movie was the biggest disapointment I had seen in a long time, couldn't believe how lame and unscary those movies are.

She stands out in a crowd, she thinks out loud to save her breath, with a portrait of her parents death.

#319    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

When I was younger The Invasion Of the Body Snatchers scared the love out of me

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#320    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts

• Finite to fail, infinite to venture!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:11 PM

There are only two 'first person' perspective films that creep me a little. One is The Blair Witch Project, certainly is very raw and has its flaws but an intriguing and unsettling experience. The other is the original spanish film [REC] which is about a virus breaking out in an apartment complex and the events that escalate with a film crew trapped in there, pretty good moments in that film.

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#321    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County was pretty creepy I thought.

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#322    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• 1,567 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:32 PM

There is a film that builds quite well and leads to an abduction experience regarding a family who live in an isolated country location, I'm sure it was The McPherson Tapes or something, nothing spectacular and real low budget but the suspense was done effectively.

Edited by DancingCorpse, 03 December 2012 - 11:32 PM.

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#323    MiskatonicGrad

MiskatonicGrad

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

• "the natural progress of things is liberty to yield and goverment to gain ground." Thomas Jefferson

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:10 AM

I vote for Blair witch Because I love to hike and some times go off the beaten path and have been to places in the deep woods that don't feel right. So yeah freaked me out for weeks.

"Were we directed from Washington when to sow, and when to reap, we should soon want bread" --Thomas Jefferson(1821)

"No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session"--Mark Twain(1866)

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." --Thomas Jefferson(1800)

#324    clockworkgirl21

clockworkgirl21

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:01 AM

The movie that's scared me the most is The Ring.

One can always be kind to people about whom one cares nothing.
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

www.youthrights.org
We think kids are people too? We must be insane.

#325    Insaniac

Insaniac

Psychic Spy

• 1,060 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

"The Thing" is another scary movie that unsettled me for a while. Just.. so... disgusting.

"He is wise in heart and mighty in strength. Who has hardened their heart against Him, and succeeded"? ~ Job 9:4

#326    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

View PostDancingCorpse, on 03 December 2012 - 11:32 PM, said:

There is a film that builds quite well and leads to an abduction experience regarding a family who live in an isolated country location, I'm sure it was The McPherson Tapes or something, nothing spectacular and real low budget but the suspense was done effectively.
Isent that Alien Abduction: incident at Lake County, ooooh Its just called The McPherson Tapes?

#327    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

View PostInsaniac, on 04 December 2012 - 07:16 PM, said:

"The Thing" is another scary movie that unsettled me for a while. Just.. so... disgusting.
Im guessing your talking about John Carpenters remake, It was pretty disgusting but in a good way

#328    Insaniac

Insaniac

Psychic Spy

• 1,060 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 04 December 2012 - 07:20 PM, said:

Im guessing your talking about John Carpenters remake, It was pretty disgusting but in a good way.

Both of them are disgusting in concept. A sinister Alien lifeform that hides within it's host and mutates them in the most grotesque and horrific of ways? No thank you.

"He is wise in heart and mighty in strength. Who has hardened their heart against Him, and succeeded"? ~ Job 9:4

#329    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

View PostInsaniac, on 04 December 2012 - 08:37 PM, said:

Both of them are disgusting in concept. A sinister Alien lifeform that hides within it's host and mutates them in the most grotesque and horrific of ways? No thank you.
Oh I didnt think the one in black and white was like that

#330    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• 1,567 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:32 PM

View PostMiskatonicGrad, on 04 December 2012 - 03:10 AM, said:

I vote for Blair witch Because I love to hike and some times go off the beaten path and have been to places in the deep woods that don't feel right. So yeah freaked me out for weeks.

Me too haha, there've been several moments whilst in the thick of the woods where it just goes deathly silent and then you hear a branch snap someplace and expect to find loads of random patterns in the trees :(

The Thing is amazing, to me it's one of the most realistic movies because of how the characters react. It has a GREAT build up to the first 'scare' too. Such a masterful performance from Kurt Russell too, definite classic for me.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users