Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 5 votes

What is the scariest movie?

• Please log in to reply
581 replies to this topic

#376    deacon_dark

deacon_dark

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

The Changeling with George C. Scott.  1980 or 1981

#377    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Facebook Fiend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

• Your blood's worth bottling!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 25 December 2012 - 11:53 PM, said:

Hey I got The THING as a christmas gift, Ill report back after I watch it :tu:
Secret Santa's really come up trumps for you!

I await the review with bated breath.

Swindon Town:  Division Two Champions 2011-12.
Proud member of Macdonald's Red Army since 1989.
Up the Robins!

#378    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:46 PM

Im gonna watch it tonight, been busy over the last couple of days and havent had a chance to, but my reviews coming

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#379    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• 1,523 posts

• Finite to fail, infinite to venture!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

Awesome news! :D The stand out aspect is really the paranoia that they all go through during the development of the film.

As for Starship Troopers that brain impalement scene is terrifying!

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#380    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:19 AM

I watched it and thought it was excellent, especially during the scene where she was checking in there mouths pure tension. It gets a thumbs up from me :tu:

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x, 28 December 2012 - 05:20 AM.

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#381    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• 1,523 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

I'd give that remake about 6/10 it isn't too bad, decent in itself and the modern effects are nice but the original smokes it of course!

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#382    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

View PostDancingCorpse, on 28 December 2012 - 09:29 PM, said:

I'd give that remake about 6/10 it isn't too bad, decent in itself and the modern effects are nice but the original smokes it of course!
Yeah I like though how they didnt try and copy it exactly, I mean them going into the ship at the end was a new take

#383    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• 1,523 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

Yeah the first time I watched The Thing I didn't even realize it was a spaceship, what an idiot haha.

#384    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

View PostDancingCorpse, on 29 December 2012 - 09:18 PM, said:

Yeah the first time I watched The Thing I didn't even realize it was a spaceship, what an idiot haha.
lol yeah in the very beginning I think that they show a saucer crashing to earth at least they do in Carpentars version

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x, 30 December 2012 - 11:42 PM.

#385    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• 1,523 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

Yeah they do, the effects are amazingly retro and charming haha. I think it's better without showing that though, most audiences can put two and two together (except me though I was a little tipsy lol).

#386    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

View PostDancingCorpse, on 31 December 2012 - 05:06 PM, said:

Yeah they do, the effects are amazingly retro and charming haha. I think it's better without showing that though, most audiences can put two and two together (except me though I was a little tipsy lol).
Haha nothing wrong with that

#387    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• 1,523 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

Certainly isn't for the guys in the original haha, MacReady and his darn whiskey! What would you say the creepiest scene in the 1982 version is? I reckon Bennings and THAT scream is insane, the best movie monster scream I've ever seen. I like how they are standing in a circle fairly reminscent of the Norwegian's around the blown up crater too, eerie stuff.

#388    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

Yeah anytime a human is shown screaming with his jaws open to a dramatic extent scares the love out of me, I thought the tensest scene in the carpentar version is when there all testing the blood on the slides, and then that thing breaks out of that guy totally transforming him

#389    Leah G.

Leah G.

Poltergeist

• 2,966 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

Wow, you guys really missed the boat on this one... it wasn't a remake, it was a prequel to John Carpenter's The Thing. Read the back of the cover. Quote: "The chilling prelude to John Carpenter's cult classic film."

I thought it was nicely done and enjoyed watching them both back to back.

#390    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

View PostLeah G., on 04 January 2013 - 01:02 AM, said:

Wow, you guys really missed the boat on this one... it wasn't a remake, it was a prequel to John Carpenter's The Thing. Read the back of the cover. Quote: "The chilling prelude to John Carpenter's cult classic film."

I thought it was nicely done and enjoyed watching them both back to back.
Actually John Carpentar remade it, from the 1951 version called The Thing from another world, I enjoyed Both films also. But John Carpenters version better than the 2011 version

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x, 04 January 2013 - 02:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users