Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 5 votes

What is the scariest movie?

• Please log in to reply
601 replies to this topic

#91    plutonium16

plutonium16

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:22 PM

View PostAliveInDeath, on 06 May 2011 - 04:49 AM, said:

Hmm.. I'm going to have to agree with those that said the Descent 1 & 2. That scared the crap out of me.  :yes:

Man, any film where the wicked witch of the west ends up with a house dumped on her is just bad.  :wacko:

#92    LittleBit 111

LittleBit 111

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

• tell me your story!

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:01 PM

Well, the first movie that ever scared me was some lame movie about a voodoo doll that had to have this necklace on or it came to life. And of wouldn't ya know it, it falls off. At the end someone puts it in the oven! I was 4 and pretty much crapped my pants with that one. Wish i could remember the name of it. Anyway, Exorcist (the original ) left me so scared i was shaking and weak. I didn't sleep for a week! I hate scary movies. Especially ones that i hear have some truth to them. My boyfriend talked me into that one.

#93    LadyPhoenix

LadyPhoenix

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:54 AM

View PostLittleBit 111, on 02 June 2011 - 08:01 PM, said:

Well, the first movie that ever scared me was some lame movie about a voodoo doll that had to have this necklace on or it came to life. And of wouldn't ya know it, it falls off. At the end someone puts it in the oven! I was 4 and pretty much crapped my pants with that one. Wish i could remember the name of it. Anyway, Exorcist (the original ) left me so scared i was shaking and weak. I didn't sleep for a week! I hate scary movies. Especially ones that i hear have some truth to them. My boyfriend talked me into that one.

Trilogy of Terror!  the info

Scared me, too!  Dreamed the creepy thing was in my house!  Was sure, when I woke up, it was real, too!  HATED that movie as a kid!!!!!

#94    LadyPhoenix

LadyPhoenix

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:02 AM

Alright...other than "Trilogy of Terror".....ewww   Hey, was SMALL, and that was scary stuff, then!

As an adult?  

Sleepwalkers - watched that in the theater, went home, fed the cat tuna for a week.

The Exorcism of Emily Rose - very creepy, and way too real.....

The Fourth Kind - yeah, yeah, know it's supposed to be fake, but where did they get the "family photos" they had with the end titles?  The eyes on the little girl...YIKES!  That kid.....*shiver*

Jaws - mostly because, sheesh, sharks are real, and they do attack.  Scarier now than it used to be, after living some years in Florida, and hearing reports every year about the latest attacks.  No idea, after being down there, why anyone thinks it's so rare....

Misery - One, the acting was phenomenal.  Two, that character could be REAL.  

Movies that did NOT scare me - The Ring movies, The Grudge, basically any of the Japanese adaptations.  I don't get the spook factor of pale kids with dark hair.  Maybe it's just me, but they seemed so.....predictable....

#95    LittleBit 111

LittleBit 111

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

• tell me your story!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:12 PM

View PostLadyPhoenix, on 07 June 2011 - 11:02 AM, said:

Alright...other than "Trilogy of Terror".....ewww   Hey, was SMALL, and that was scary stuff, then!

As an adult?  

Sleepwalkers - watched that in the theater, went home, fed the cat tuna for a week.

The Exorcism of Emily Rose - very creepy, and way too real.....

The Fourth Kind - yeah, yeah, know it's supposed to be fake, but where did they get the "family photos" they had with the end titles?  The eyes on the little girl...YIKES!  That kid.....*shiver*

Jaws - mostly because, sheesh, sharks are real, and they do attack.  Scarier now than it used to be, after living some years in Florida, and hearing reports every year about the latest attacks.  No idea, after being down there, why anyone thinks it's so rare....

Misery - One, the acting was phenomenal.  Two, that character could be REAL.  

Movies that did NOT scare me - The Ring movies, The Grudge, basically any of the Japanese adaptations.  I don't get the spook factor of pale kids with dark hair.  Maybe it's just me, but they seemed so.....predictable....
  Thats it thank you! That doll still looks creepy to me! Lookin at it brings back memories of me falling out of the top bunk of my bunk bed having nightmares of that dude! You seem to be like me, If it could really happen, it scares the crap out of you!

#96    Mantis914

Mantis914

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

• You have shown me a strange image, and they are strange prisoners. Plato

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:42 PM

Encounters with the unknown...   That first story of that mother with her eyes bugging out and saying... "Listen to me well... One by land, Two by sky..."   Pretty much anything with Rod Serling in it is going to be good.  The second story was the best though with the sounds coming out of that hole in the ground...    It's probably laughable now but back in the 70's when I saw it, I probably had to change my pants...

#97    Eriathwen

Eriathwen

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 30 posts

• And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
    Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:18 PM

Probably the Serpent and the Rainbow. Dunno why, but it scared the crap outta me as a kid. Also, the Amityville Horror remake scared me cuz I had read the book. The book gives me the willies.  :cry:

#98    DigitalDreamer

DigitalDreamer

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:38 PM

The Fourth Kind
The Ring
The grudge
Paranormal Activity 1+2

All of these movies scare the crap out of me :unsure:

Posted Image

#99    greywolf

greywolf

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:02 AM

the original psycho. :cat:

#100    thewatchman7

thewatchman7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

• like joseph stalin, and ghandi,
    im the cult of personality!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:43 AM

hey guys and girls,
i saw a movie as a kid, its about this traveling circus, its black and white and they actually used people with deformities for it.
i think it may have been 1950's, or 60's but it was darn terrifying.
to this day ive not been able to find it, anyone know?

#101    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,750 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:45 PM

View PostxBlackDahliax, on 08 March 2011 - 01:40 PM, said:

What is the scariest movie you have ever seen in your life? ... :ph34r:

The Tingler, I saw it when I was 10 in 1959....never forgot it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053363/

Peace
mark

#102    thornhill_holly

thornhill_holly

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:39 PM

Eden Lake.

I have never been more depressed after watching a film.  It's absolutely horrific and completely believable :(

#103    flowerlove

flowerlove

Alien Embryo

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 02:35 AM

I would have to say Chucky and The Leparcaun(or however you spell it)they are the worst and scary and the little guy that runs around with the knife and bites ppl with sharp teeth when she puts him in the microwave at the end *shivers* I hate those type of movies with dolls.

#104    Omamori

Omamori

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

• "A sin doesn't end in tears, you have to suffer and carry the burden forever." -Yui, 'again'

Posted 25 June 2011 - 07:32 AM

Scariest movie...

I'd have to say 'The Ring' (the remake) was the only horror movie I saw that actually terrified me enough to leave me sleep deprived for about two or three weeks xD I was young, 11 or 12 at the time, and those images from the cursed video tape just...disturbed me o.e I remember sitting up on my bed all night for a while just staring at the chair that sat in front of my bed, recalling the scene in the video where the camera panned over the chair and a bunch of worms started squirming around underneath it or something. Ahahahaha...

John Carpenter's 'Halloween' made me paranoid for a while, along with Wes Craven's 'A Nightmare on Elm Street' xD And I only just saw those recently! Hah!

Posted Image

#105    Omamori

Omamori

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

• "A sin doesn't end in tears, you have to suffer and carry the burden forever." -Yui, 'again'

Posted 25 June 2011 - 07:32 AM

Scariest movie...

I'd have to say 'The Ring' (the remake) was the only horror movie I saw that actually terrified me enough to leave me sleep deprived for about two or three weeks xD I was young, 11 or 12 at the time, and those images from the cursed video tape just...disturbed me o.e I remember sitting up on my bed all night for a while just staring at the chair that sat in front of my bed, recalling the scene in the video where the camera panned over the chair and a bunch of worms started squirming around underneath it or something. Ahahahaha...

John Carpenter's 'Halloween' made me paranoid for a while, along with Wes Craven's 'A Nightmare on Elm Street' xD And I only just saw those recently! Hah!

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users