Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 11 votes

Best evidence for ET visitation - 3rd edition

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6153 replies to this topic

#16    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:37 PM

View Postbee, on 11 March 2011 - 01:31 PM, said:

I thought that this statement made by Jacques Vallee at the recent Competitiveness Forum Conference was dynamite !!!!

see Karl's thread here... http://www.unexplain...howtopic=201881

(at 7:30)

"......we have started to look at residue from these cases...there are a number

of cases where we have metalic residue that has been analysed and we are beginning

to understand why it would make sense for an advanced technology to use these

particular metals in that particular combination"

Confirmation that there is residue/debris from UFO cases..?

Now I wonder what cases these are?

I saw that, and comming from Jacques Vallee makes it very interesting.

I cant wait to hear more about it.  :)

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#17    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:49 PM

Talking about Skyeagles thoughts on the "Roswell guy" Philip Corso earlier, and how he was debunked by no other than Stanton Roswell Friedman.  ^_^

Here is more (from psyches post) about this Lt. Col.

Philip J. Corso’s Roswell Book Is Riddled With Factual Errors As Well As Ridiculous Claim That Army Couldn't Figure Out How To Exploit (Alleged) ET Technology For 14 Years Until Corso Was Given The Task.

http://www.csicop.or...iles_volume_49/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#18    quillius

quillius

52.0839° N, 1.4328° E

• 5,051 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:52 PM

View Postbee, on 11 March 2011 - 01:31 PM, said:

I thought that this statement made by Jacques Vallee at the recent Competitiveness Forum Conference was dynamite !!!!

see Karl's thread here... http://www.unexplain...howtopic=201881

(at 7:30)

"......we have started to look at residue from these cases...there are a number

of cases where we have metalic residue that has been analysed and we are beginning

to understand why it would make sense for an advanced technology to use these

particular metals in that particular combination"

Confirmation that there is residue/debris from UFO cases..?

Now I wonder what cases these are?

One in particular, maybe....lol.... ;)

:cat:

hey Bee, yes it is very very interesting. I also found the comments he made at around 3.00 about physics and science as we know it today very interesting.....(ever heard of Bushman)  ;)

#19    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,615 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 02:11 PM

View PostHazzard, on 11 March 2011 - 01:37 PM, said:

I saw that, and comming from Jacques Vallee makes it very interesting.

I cant wait to hear more about it.  :)

:tu:

View Postquillius, on 11 March 2011 - 01:52 PM, said:

hey Bee, yes it is very very interesting. I also found the comments he made at around 3.00 about physics and science as we know it today very interesting.....(ever heard of Bushman)  ;)

:lol:  :whistle: ....lol...I'll save him for another time....

but yes..there was a lot in this piece from Vallee. It was very compact and he got a lot into it.

in fact that Competitiveness Forum Conference was like a mini-disclosure event (I wouldn't be surprised if

Bill Clinton and Tony Blair had a lot to do with it all.... :unsure2: )

Posted Image

#20    jaguarsky

jaguarsky

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 02:23 PM

I am a dyed in the wool skeptic of the first order when it comes to things paranormal. When I hear people say they "saw something", I generally smile politely and think to myself, what a doof. I am usually even more convinced that state after they describe what they saw. Most always it is something that is totally mundane, but misidentified.

That doesn't mean I don't believe. About 20 years ago I saw a craft hovering near my home in Maine. It appeared to be less than 100 feet off the ground, and size-wise, perhaps 100ft across. There were four very bright banks of lights underneath, like stadium lights, that prevented me from seeing any detail of structure. And by bright, I mean they lit up a huge swath of field, trees and a house or two. I saw this craft twice in the same place; the sightings being 3-4 months apart.

I know what I saw, but can I say for certain it was extraterrestrial? No. So until all of the evidence allegedly collected over the years is released or until ET visits the Mall of America, covered by FOX news, I will be left to wonder. And that's OK with me. Because I like living in a world where wonder still exists.

#21    quillius

quillius

52.0839° N, 1.4328° E

• 5,051 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 02:30 PM

View Postbee, on 11 March 2011 - 02:11 PM, said:

:lol:  :whistle: ....lol...I'll save him for another time....

but yes..there was a lot in this piece from Vallee. It was very compact and he got a lot into it.

in fact that Competitiveness Forum Conference was like a mini-disclosure event (I wouldn't be surprised if

Bill Clinton and Tony Blair had a lot to do with it all.... :unsure2: )

you are probably right...too early in the thread to wind people up  :rolleyes:

In all seriousness though, step one is the subject to be taken seriously by the brightest minds....then hopefully some progress will be made.

#22    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 02:45 PM

View Postquillius, on 11 March 2011 - 02:30 PM, said:

In all seriousness though, step one is the subject to be taken seriously by the brightest minds....then hopefully some progress will be made.

That has always been the problem.

As long as all these liers, hoaxers, charlatans and credulous believers are spewing their nonsense, UFOlogy might have to live with the problem of not being taken seriously by the scientific community.

#23    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,615 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 02:49 PM

View Postquillius, on 11 March 2011 - 02:30 PM, said:

I think you are right....the brightest minds in the Military and Navy (and associates) have had it under-wraps for ages

but now the Private Sector wants in on the action.

what comes from that...remains to be seen...

with all the upheaval in the MIddle East and the possible knock on effect of oil supplies,

perhaps the private sector are going to go full steam ahead with producing more exotic-energy types

of transport?

Posted Image

#24    quillius

quillius

52.0839° N, 1.4328° E

• 5,051 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 02:52 PM

View PostHazzard, on 11 March 2011 - 02:45 PM, said:

That has always been the problem.

As long as all these liers, hoaxers, charlatans and credulous believers are spewing their nonsense, UFOlogy might have to live with the problem of not being taken seriously by the scientific community.

Should the scientific community not be able to see past the above bunch you mentioned? although yes the hoaxers and charlatans I assure you annoy 'believers' also if not more so than they do the skeptics. I feel this is because they muddy the water and in addition the skeptical believers (thats what i label myself...go figure) get very frustrated in the association made between the loons and believers!

#25    quillius

quillius

52.0839° N, 1.4328° E

• 5,051 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 02:54 PM

View Postbee, on 11 March 2011 - 02:49 PM, said:

I think you are right....the brightest minds in the Military and Navy (and associates) have had it under-wraps for ages

but now the Private Sector wants in on the action.

what comes from that...remains to be seen...

with all the upheaval in the MIddle East and the possible knock on effect of oil supplies,

perhaps the private sector are going to go full steam ahead with producing more exotic-energy types

of transport?

True, I also wonder how much the fear of ridicule is preventing progress.

#26    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:47 PM

View PostHazzard, on 11 March 2011 - 01:49 PM, said:

Talking about Skyeagles thoughts on the "Roswell guy" Philip Corso earlier, and how he was debunked by no other than Stanton Roswell Friedman.  ^_^

Here is more (from psyches post) about this Lt. Col.

Philip J. Corso’s Roswell Book Is Riddled With Factual Errors As Well As Ridiculous Claim That Army Couldn't Figure Out How To Exploit (Alleged) ET Technology For 14 Years Until Corso Was Given The Task.

http://www.csicop.or...iles_volume_49/
Not that we really need it to recognize that Corso's book is full of holes, I found the comments of Bob Emenegger regarding Corso to be very interesting.  Sakari posted a link to this episode of The Veritas Show over on the Holloman thread.  He starts talking about Corso in part 14 at about 2:30.

For anyone that wants to listen to the whole thing, here is part 1 of 15.

Cheers.

#27    Blacksabbath

Blacksabbath

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:03 PM

Ok, let me express my personal opinion in the new topic. There is no evidence or proof (yet) to make me believe that aliens have, and are visiting earth. Nothing.

#28    quillius

quillius

52.0839° N, 1.4328° E

• 5,051 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:20 PM

View PostBlacksabbath, on 11 March 2011 - 04:03 PM, said:

Ok, let me express my personal opinion in the new topic. There is no evidence or proof (yet) to make me believe that aliens have, and are visiting earth. Nothing.

if there was proof then you wouldnt need to believe....you would know!

#29    A Shadow

A Shadow

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:21 PM

Besides an actual ET or spaceship what can be consider evidence of ETH?

#30    Paxus

Paxus

Poltergeist

• 2,699 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:38 PM

View Postsilentshadow, on 11 March 2011 - 04:21 PM, said:

Besides an actual ET or spaceship what can be consider evidence of ETH?
It's not simply witness testimony, it's a combination of things. It's the frequency of witness testimony, combined with the quality of witness testimony*, combined with things like video footage, combined with pilot intercepts, radar contact, (i cringe to write it, but the occasional quite credible abduction testimony), testimony of people I personally trust, the incidents which have multiple witnesses, the size and age of the universe#....

* By quality I do mean the type of witness (e.g. pilot) but I also read between the lines to determine the peron's character, background and possible motives...
# Size and age of universe - By this I mean that I believe ET is out there and quite likely visiting Earth because the universe is so large, ET is inevitable. Likewise, becuase the universe is so old, it's quite likely advanced civilisations exist too. If this is true, I expect they would have such advanced technology that finding life in the universe would be relatively easy for them (and so I expect, them finding Earth could be practically inevitable).

My knowledge of how innacurate witness recolection is does not rule out witness testimony it simply helps in weeding out the aircraft or meterological misidentifications... among other things.
I mean if people see an elephant in a shopping centre chances are there really was an elephant in the shopping centre - it's hard to get something like that wrong! Of course, some people might say it was male and some will say it was female, some will say it was african, some will say it was indian and no doubt the description of it's size will differ....

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I've explaiend all this stuff to you before - it's always been a combination of things which give me an instinct that there is more going on here on Earth than meets the eye...
Hell even as I write this more come to mind.. for instance the fact that almost all cultures have ancient historic record or legend of beings who came from 'above'/'the sky'/'space'/'the heavens'... I would have thought if there were no aliens visiting our ancient ancesters then at least half, if not more, of the legends would be Earth-bound (not beings from above).

[EDIT 29/12/10] Four more points which have me leaning toward the ETH, are:
1. Because out of all these sightings and encounters, it only takes ONE of them to be true in order for the ETH to be correct.
2. Many sightings have included (usually small) humanoid occupants - this immediately rules out misidentified man-made craft or meteorlogical phenomenon.
3. Another point I forgot to mention about what I consider goes toward the credibility of witnesses - The type of witness that that never believed that ET visited Earth, to me, is more credible than one who expects to see ET on Earth

4. Alledged implant removals - the objects
1) from people who claim to be abducted
2) Have no signs of entry
3) No inflamation response
4) Nerves surrounding implant not anatomically correct
The membrane that surrounds implant could not be cut by a scalpel
Results on tests - thought to be meteorites.
Results suggested the implant was manufatured.
Some of the metal/elements were extra-terrestrial.
(Dr Roger Leir)

SUMMARY

Summary in point form, of why I lean toward ETH:

1. Size and age of universe.
    (Because the universe is so large, ET is inevitable. Likewise, becuase the universe is so old, I believe it's quite likely that advanced civilisations exist too. If this is true, I expect they would have such advanced technology that finding other life in the universe would be relatively easy for them (and so I expect, them finding Earth could be practically inevitable)).

2. Almost all ancient cultures having a historic record or legend(s) of being coming from 'above'/'the sky'/'space'/'the heavens' (if ET were not visiting Earth, one would expect a lot less of Earth's cultures to have such legends/beliefs - I would guess maybe less than 50%?...

3. Out of all the thousands of sightings, only ONE, needs to be true in order for the ETH to be correct. When considering all the points (above and below), it's probable that at least one of them is true.

4. Frequency of sightings/encounters.

5. Quality of witness testimony and sightings/encounters.
5.a. High witness credibilty when: Pilot, Astronaut,  Scientist, military or other professional, did not believe ETH prior to sighting/encounter, have no motive to lie, telling about sighting is detrimental  to witness.
5.b. Multiple witnesses see/experience same ET event.
5.c. Photo + Video evidence (Esp. when in combination with any of above or below points)
5.d. Pilot intercept. (Esp. when in combination with any of above or below points)
5.e. Radar contact (Esp. when multiple radars show same object + when in combination with any of above or below points)
5.f. Some abduction encounters seem credible.
5.g. Testimony of people I personally trust absolutely.
5.h. Some Sightings/encounters include seeing/interaction with (usually small) humanoid occupants of the craft. This is one of the most compelling arguments for ETH as this can hardly be anything other than ETH (Expect perhaps time travellers or interdimensional travellers).

6. The posibility that alien implants exist.

Note: Sometimes we have multiples of the above points occuring simultaneously - obviously this makes the case for ETH much stronger than any single point.