Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 11 votes

Best evidence for ET visitation - 3rd edition

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6153 replies to this topic

#2536    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:01 AM

I'll have to look at this again in the morning.  Bedtime for Bonzo.

But yes, I think that there would still be a need to determine another triangle for image manipulation purposes unless I'm mistaken, which is entirely possible.

At any rate, cheers and good night. :tu:

#2537    lost_shaman

lost_shaman

Alien Abducter

• 5,232 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:22 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 30 April 2011 - 07:01 AM, said:

I'll have to look at this again in the morning.  Bedtime for Bonzo.

But yes, I think that there would still be a need to determine another triangle for image manipulation purposes unless I'm mistaken, which is entirely possible.

At any rate, cheers and good night. :tu:

Hey booN,

We must use a triangle to calculate how an Obstruction obscures our view of the horizon. Then we must use a separate formula to calculate how far sea level drops below our view at a distance.

We can talk about this later though, it is late here on my end too.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

#2538    Mangoze

Mangoze

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:13 AM

View Postlost_shaman, on 30 April 2011 - 07:22 AM, said:

Hey booN,

We must use a triangle to calculate how an Obstruction obscures our view of the horizon. Then we must use a separate formula to calculate how far sea level drops below our view at a distance.

We can talk about this later though, it is late here on my end too.
You should be able to work out the formula based on the fact that one nautical mile, at sea level, subtends an angle of one minute of degree.

Circumference of the glode equal 21,600 nmi.  Radius ('R') of the globe equals 3437.747 nmi.

Drop over one nmi should be R(1 - cos(1/60)).

Not very elegant, but that's just off the top of my head.

Edited by Mangoze, 30 April 2011 - 09:16 AM.

#2539    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,130 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:39 AM

Posted Image

new equation just in

Posted Image X Posted Image Posted Imageed   = Posted Image

:innocent:  :P

#2540    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,859 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 03:32 PM

View Postbee, on 30 April 2011 - 10:39 AM, said:

Posted Image

new equation just in

As always Im going with Bee`s equation ! ITs the Real Deal ! :wub: :innocent:

Attached Files

This is a Work in Progress!

#2541    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 30,007 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:17 PM

Posted Image

new equation just in

Yepper, Just look at that tall skyline reaching high into the sky in the distance......ah, where is my telescope?

A picture can be worth a thousand words, or should I say, numbers.

KEEP YOUR MACH UP AND CHECK SIX

#2542    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 30,007 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:42 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 30 April 2011 - 12:20 AM, said:

Finally you at least acknowledge that you understand the notion that the flares could have been jettisoned.  Thank you for that skyeagle, much appreciated.  I actually consider that progress.

That story was made up by the AIr Force. Had the A-10s truly been dumping flares at hight atltitude, the Air Force would have acknowledge to the reporters when asked for an explanation. As it was, the Air Force denied any involvment and refused to get involved. Many weeks later, the Air Force came back and said, "oh yes, one of our A-10s was responsible for dropping flares from 6000 feet, which were ignited at 3000 feet.

When the Air Force saw that its expanation was flawed becauase there was no way that flares at 3000 feet could bee seen in Phoenix from behnid the mountain, the Air Force came back with yet another explanation that some A-10s were dropping flares from a HIGHER ALTITUDE because they can't land with flares aboard, however, that creates a bit of a problem when there were no A-10s airborned at 10 PM. Operatiing around the 10 PM time frame would have been cutting in on the Tucson folks quiet hours.

Regarding the inconsistencies, it is fairly simple.  The initial people asked simply didn't know because the A-10's that ditched the flares were based out of Tuscon, not out of Luke Air Force Base.

The Air Force was responsible,  so let's do a recap.

The Air Force initially denied nvolvment, and then later the Air Force had said, that  the "Phoenix Lights" were flares, which were dropped from 6000 feet and  ignited at 3000 feet, and then, the Air Force came back and said, that A-10s dropped flares from a high altitude.

Those lights were NOT indicative of flare drops by multiple aircraft at night. You know, there is a very good reason why pilots wear sunglasses during the day, it helps their night vision.

The people initially asked responded as expected, by describing operations run from Luke.  There is no conspiracy here, it is pretty simple really.

Oh yes there was. No aircraft at Luke AFB were involved, so all the Luke PR folks  Luke had to do was to make a simple phone call to DMAFB, and I am very sure they did just that. and yet many weeks later, the Air Force came back with flare drops at 6000 feet, not 15000 feet. Then, its explanation changed again when they determined their altitude figure was too low, so the Air Force had to make some adjustments to its altitude explanation and there you are, a full-blown Air Force cover-up on the level of the Roswell incident.

BTW, I happen to pass through Phoenix last night and there was no way that those lights were over the BGR.

#2543    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 30,007 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:56 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 30 April 2011 - 12:20 AM, said:

Finally you at least acknowledge that you understand the notion that the flares could have been jettisoned.  Thank you for that skyeagle, much appreciated.  I actually consider that progress.

Regarding the inconsistencies, it is fairly simple.  The initial people asked simply didn't know because the A-10's that ditched the flares were based out of Tuscon, not out of Luke Air Force Base.  The people initially asked responded as expected, by describing operations run from Luke.  There is no conspiracy here, it is pretty simple really.

This argument doesn't make any sense.  Ditching flares at night interferes with the pilot's night vision?  You are joking right?  When flares are deployed at night for legitimate use are you saying it doesn't interfere with their night vision?  Do you see how this argument doesn't make sense?

I explained the initial confusion regarding the conflicting answers provided when Luke was originally asked.  Very simple.

No cover-up.  Very simple reasons for the initial confusion.

As for the distance between flare 1 and flare 2 has been estimated to be about 7.5 miles.  I'm working on a recalculation over the weekend hopefully to confirm or more precisely identify this distance, but as far as rough estimates go it is probably fairly accurate.

Speaking of side profile depictions...  I've done a bit more with one.

Consider this image (courtesy of Google Earth) showing an elevation profile from Krzyston's house at 1640' elevation (1637' in the profile) extending about 80.3 miles at a heading of 205.26 degrees and a straight line representing line of sight above the highest point of elevation (about 4200') between him and the last flare dropped (light 9 in the Maccabee analysis).

Posted Image
Click Me for a Larger Version of the Same Image

This picture of the curve is grossly exaggerated by a magnitude of about 45 times, to 1.64 degrees, because the actual curvature would be visually negligible at a more accurate calculation of 0.036 degrees (and the lowest I could get it to even go with GIMP was somewhere around 0.14 degrees, virtually invisible curve).

Even with this exaggeration, at a rounded distance of 80 miles and not considering atmospheric refraction (thank you for the terminology correction bmk1245, very much appreciated! :tu: ) we can see that the lights would still be visible at an altitude of about 9700' or 9800'.  Considering refraction, light 9 would still be visible after dropping below this altitude as well.

I haven't done the math yet to compare with the visual of this sideview from Google Earth, but I doubt if it is too far off.

Nope, as addressed earlier, there was no cover-up.  It was just simple confusion and to be fully expected.

One of the reasons I posted that photo, was to show that even the top of a 1400-foot building is barely visible above the horizon, and that with no obstacles in the foreground. Now, multiply that height 10 times, and see where the top of such a building would  be in that photo.

Next, measure the distance between the two furthers lights in the Phoenix video and calculate their distances from one another. What are the distances between them if those lights were 50 miles away?

Once again, the Air Force's revised flare drop cover story was to make up for its 6000-foot error in its earlier cover story.

Edited by skyeagle409, 30 April 2011 - 08:02 PM.

#2544    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:30 PM

As response for your post #2542...  Nope.  No conspiracy.  I already explained this to you.  Go back and read my previous response.

View Postskyeagle409, on 30 April 2011 - 07:56 PM, said:

One of the reasons I posted that photo, was to show that even the top of a 1400-foot building is barely visible above the horizon, and that with no obstacles in the foreground. Now, multiply that height 10 times, and see where the top of such a building would  be in that photo.
That Chicago photo you posted is still just as irrelevant now as it was when you originally posted it.

Next, measure the distance between the two furthers lights in the Phoenix video and calculate their distances from one another. What are the distances between them if those lights were 50 miles away?
You don't pay very close attention do you?  I already answered this.  They were about 7.5 miles according to Maccabee's analysis.

Once again, the Air Force's revised flare drop cover story was to make up for its 6000-foot error in its earlier cover story.
Once again, there was no cover story.  There were incorrect answers because the people being asked didn't have the answers.  And at no point did the Air Force make a statement that a single A-10 dropped the flares at 6000 feet that night.  This has been pointed out to you before...

Did you read lost_shaman's post #2257 which references the actual source of this 6,000' statement you keep on bleating about?

Here is the original source.  And here is lost_shaman's post...

View Postlost_shaman, on 26 April 2011 - 07:15 AM, said:

The actual quote... "(Our pilots) told me that at 6,000 feet and using those types of flares, you can see them from 150 miles away on a good night," Shepherd said."

http://kenny.anomaly..._ANG_GUILTY.htm

Here is a question for you... Could such a statement be true?

(I say it is.)

And a bonus question... If so what was the 'clue' that you picked up on?

So you see skyeagle, this isn't an official statement of when flares were dropped that night.  This is an explanation of normal usage of flares and how far away you would be able to see them.

#2545    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:58 AM

Taking the family on a short vacation...

Posted Image

When the going gets tough, hazz goes to spain.  :)

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#2546    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,414 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:02 AM

View PostHazzard, on 01 May 2011 - 07:58 AM, said:

Taking the family on a short vacation...

Posted Image

When the going gets tough, hazz goes to spain.  :)

Didn't you go to Greece just a few months ago? Must be nice to travel like that. Post some pics this time. ^_^  :tu:

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#2547    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:26 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 01 May 2011 - 08:02 AM, said:

Didn't you go to Greece just a few months ago? Must be nice to travel like that. Post some pics this time. ^_^  :tu:

Greece was beautiful... This is where we are going this time.

http://www.molon.de/...Spain/Mallorca/

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#2548    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,414 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:15 AM

View PostHazzard, on 01 May 2011 - 09:26 AM, said:

Greece was beautiful... This is where we are going this time.

http://www.molon.de/...Spain/Mallorca/

As if I didn't envy you enough already! :lol:

Enjoy yourself Hazz, although I'm sure it would be tough not to in a place like that. :tu:

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#2549    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:34 PM

Place looks beautiful.  Have a great trip Hazz! :tu:

#2550    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,600 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 02:39 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 01 May 2011 - 12:34 PM, said:

Place looks beautiful.  Have a great trip Hazz! :tu:

touché

Posted Image

new equation just in

:geek:  :wub:  :alien:

we have a winner..... prizy linky

:cat:

coming back to the flare theory... *cough* were the videos authenticated by any chance?

Posted Image