Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 11 votes

Best evidence for ET visitation - 3rd edition

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6153 replies to this topic

#31    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,982 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:46 PM

View PostPaxus, on 11 March 2011 - 04:38 PM, said:

4. Frequency of sightings/encounters.

5. Quality of witness testimony and sightings/encounters.
5.a. High witness credibilty when: Pilot, Astronaut,  Scientist, military or other professional, did not believe ETH prior to sighting/encounter, have no motive to lie, telling about sighting is detrimental  to witness.
5.b. Multiple witnesses see/experience same ET event.
5.c. Photo + Video evidence (Esp. when in combination with any of above or below points)
5.d. Pilot intercept. (Esp. when in combination with any of above or below points)
5.e. Radar contact (Esp. when multiple radars show same object + when in combination with any of above or below points)
5.f. Some abduction encounters seem credible.
5.g. Testimony of people I personally trust absolutely.
5.h. Some Sightings/encounters include seeing/interaction with (usually small) humanoid occupants of the craft. This is one of the most compelling arguments for ETH as this can hardly be anything other than ETH (Expect perhaps time travellers or interdimensional travellers).

6. The posibility that alien implants exist.

Note: Sometimes we have multiples of the above points occuring simultaneously - obviously this makes the case for ETH much stronger than any single point.

those make for a good scoring system Pax :)

#32    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Often Unsatisfactory

• 23,758 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:48 PM

Just to get it out of the way, can I just pre-empt anyone else by saying

There was no Project Mogul Balloon #4!

And
The Skeptics need to do their homework!  

And
Look what you posted!!!   :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Ok, now we've got that out of the way, no one else need say it and maybe we can get on with some constructive discussion.
:D

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#33    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:49 PM

View Postsilentshadow, on 11 March 2011 - 04:21 PM, said:

Besides an actual ET or spaceship what can be consider evidence of ETH?

Another WOW signal would be nice, one that was no doubt ET.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#34    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:52 PM

View Post747400, on 11 March 2011 - 04:48 PM, said:

And

And

Ok, now we've got that out of the way, no one else need say it and maybe we can get on with some constructive discussion.

:lol:  

Yea... :whistle:

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#35    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,982 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:13 PM

View Post747400, on 11 March 2011 - 04:48 PM, said:

And

And

funny guy  :lol: although frustrating at times, progress is still made i feel its just not apparent :)

#36    TheMcGuffin

TheMcGuffin

Government Agent

• 3,965 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:59 PM

For a change, I think it would be better for Hazzard and friends to tell us just what evidence they are looking for rather than doing this again and again.

I mean, just what evidence would Hazzard find acceptable?  Hazzard is very good at being skeptical and always putting forward a null hypothesis in every case, but it seems pointless to keep going around in the same circles again and again.

Most of us here already know all the famous UFO cases and the declassified documents, so I'm not sure what we're supposed to add or what the point would be in posting the same things over and over.  In general, some people are always going to be generous in accepting certain evidence while others at the opposite pole will simply insist that none of it has any validity. Some people are in the middle, of course, accepting some cases as valid and rejecting others....

Certainly I am aware of a lot of hoaxing, fraud and misidentification in this field, but I don't dismiss 100% of these cases--not the good ones.

Edited by TheMcGuffin, 11 March 2011 - 06:00 PM.

"The stuff that dreams are made of"

#37    TheMcGuffin

TheMcGuffin

Government Agent

• 3,965 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 06:04 PM

View PostBlacksabbath, on 11 March 2011 - 04:03 PM, said:

Ok, let me express my personal opinion in the new topic. There is no evidence or proof (yet) to make me believe that aliens have, and are visiting earth. Nothing.

There are always quite a few people here who keep saying that--often in one line or less--so the question comes up again: just what evidence are you looking for?

#38    TheMcGuffin

TheMcGuffin

Government Agent

• 3,965 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 06:10 PM

View PostHazzard, on 11 March 2011 - 12:22 PM, said:

But, but, but... What about this Full Disclosure I keep hearing about??  :cry:

It has been tried many times, and limited disclosure has happened.  I maintain that the Robert Emenegger film was just about the closest thing to real, official disclosure by the US government that anyone is ever likely to find--at least up until now.

To me, that documentary was the best ever made,and the one that got through the wall of secrecy and denial, at least a little bit.  There is simply no way around that, since governmnet officials were willing to get on camera and just say openly that aliens were here and they had made contact with the US government.

I don't think that was a fraud or a fake at all, even though we didn't get much detail about these contacts.

#39    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 3,949 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:12 PM

View PostTheMcGuffin, on 11 March 2011 - 06:10 PM, said:

It has been tried many times, and limited disclosure has happened.  I maintain that the Robert Emenegger film was just about the closest thing to real, official disclosure by the US government that anyone is ever likely to find--at least up until now.

To me, that documentary was the best ever made,and the one that got through the wall of secrecy and denial, at least a little bit.  There is simply no way around that, since governmnet officials were willing to get on camera and just say openly that aliens were here and they had made contact with the US government.

I don't think that was a fraud or a fake at all, even though we didn't get much detail about these contacts.
I see two options here:
1) folks in US government were extremely stupid back then: they were, and are, covering up ET visitation at any costs, yet they allow R.Emenegger to make film about their most covered secrets; I don't think thats the case.
2) you are wearing I want to believeTM glasses - thats more likely.

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#40    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,414 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:14 PM

View PostTheMcGuffin, on 11 March 2011 - 05:59 PM, said:

For a change, I think it would be better for Hazzard and friends to tell us just what evidence they are looking for rather than doing this again and again.

I think it has been said several times over the previous two BE threads that what is needed for the ETH to be taken seriously is legitimate evidence. Meaning something that points directly toward alien visitation, not just half-heartedly gestures in that general direction. The question that needs to be answered (and is always overshadowed by sensationalism and the like) is where is the evidence that UFO's are alien in origin? There are possibilities and opinions on the matter certainly but the actual evidence only suggests that UFO's are strange and unknown phenomena (at least the legitimate cases, discounting the hoax/mis-ID element). The logical and evidential leap (and yes, it is a substantial 'leap') from unknown to the ETH is completely unsupported by the evidence at our disposal. We just don't have the info/data to validate the ETH, plain and simple.

As far as disclosure goes...I doubt it is going to happen, at least in the manner that so many go on about. However if someone wants to waste their time by wishing for somebody to hand over the answers on a silver platter (especially from an organization that may not know any more than those in the scientific arena)then be my guest.

My $.02

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#41    Blacksabbath

Blacksabbath

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:41 PM

View PostTheMcGuffin, on 11 March 2011 - 06:04 PM, said:

There are always quite a few people here who keep saying that--often in one line or less--so the question comes up again: just what evidence are you looking for?

Evidence that is good enough to prove the existence of aliens everyone thinks are visiting earth.

#42    nessuna

nessuna

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:41 PM

View PostHazzard, on 11 March 2011 - 01:07 PM, said:

Actually, no it doesnt.

A UFO (we all know they exist) where the U stands for Unidentified, is just that... there is nothing else attached to it.

Read Paxus link... http://www.unexplain...showentry=23141

I did read it, thanks.
But the reason I said this is, you do realize that there are still some people who don't believe that UFO's exist period?  So if it's the official policy of the board that UFO's exist then, okay, I'm already there.

+++Lisa+++

#43    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,414 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:12 PM

View Postnessuna, on 11 March 2011 - 07:41 PM, said:

I did read it, thanks.
But the reason I said this is, you do realize that there are still some people who don't believe that UFO's exist period?  So if it's the official policy of the board that UFO's exist then, okay, I'm already there.

Yeah, it's pretty difficult to support the position that UFO's don't exist. I think there is a bit of confusion about the blurred definition of UFO. In the classic and literal sense it means exactly what the anagram stands for, unidentified flying object. However over the years and through manipulations of the definition, often to a purposely misleading end, the meaning has somehow transformed to be synonymous with alien craft. Which is complete garbage and one of the issues that sorely needs to be addressed within UFOlogy in my opinion. Most people on this board use the original definition however you will see the new age alternate definition spring up from time to time, it happens I suppose. :hmm: ^_^

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#44    nessuna

nessuna

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:37 PM

Carrying it one step further...
Unless I've overlooked something somewhere, we don't really have any evidence of alien life period. Plenty of opinions that there might be life elsewhere, but nothing concrete to support the idea that there is.

+++Lisa+++

#45    Blacksabbath

Blacksabbath

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:59 PM

A reminder to those who don't know what UFO means, it means Unidentified Flying Object.

Edited by Blacksabbath, 11 March 2011 - 09:00 PM.