Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 11 votes

Best evidence for ET visitation - 3rd edition

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6153 replies to this topic

#61    nessuna

nessuna

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:18 PM

WOW signal and the ALH 84001 meteorite. I also heard something about that Japanese comet return sample...

I've heard of the WOW signal but not the others.  I see I have some catching up to do.  :)
I hope no one is waiting for me to say whether there is alien life or not because it might be a while.  :D

+++Lisa+++

#62    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,046 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:50 PM

View PostTheMcGuffin, on 11 March 2011 - 09:03 PM, said:

No, you're wrong, that's not more likely, but I can think of nothing more to say about that documentary than what I have already written on that thread.  I already explained why they chose to disclose that infomation at that particular time.
I know your opinion, and I respect it, but I disagree; I don't see any "out of the ordinary" in that film. As usual, bold claims with no much of the support.

Now, I would like to know you opinion on Childerhose UFO (in some other thread my eye caught your  link to UFO photos, where this particular photo was presented). Do you buy it? I don't. And there is a reason for that. First of all, there is red flag raised when you encounter

(Note: Speaking to F/L Annis in May 1958, writer asked if he recalled the incident.  F/L Annis said that he didn't. )
WTH? Such extraordinary event, and Annis didn't recall that?!
Secondly, pilot took one shot. Again, WTH?  Such extraordinary event, and he took only one image of UFO! Darn, I would be shooting endlessly until the film ends...
B.Maccabee went into details, trying to make some estimations, but, I think (more appropriate wording would be "I'm sure"), B.Maccabee made mistake for taking word of Childerhose without doubting. In that photo I see simple reflection from canopy (it can be simulated with ease, but for now I don't have my DSLR, so I can't show - just for now - how it can be done; it depends on how light converges onto the lens), and the rest of the story was made up by Childerhose. Why would he do that? I don't know, as well as I don't know why capt. Ruano made up UFO/Aeromexico collision story (which was bolstered by Maussan).
So much BS flies in UFOlogy, so I have reason to doubt every case was presented, no matter what person is/was peddling ETH - plumber, general, cop, pilot, etc.

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#63    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 11:16 PM

Interview With Carl Sagan - Author, Astronomer.

It would be an absolutely transforming event in human history. But, the stakes are so high on whether it's true or false, that we must demand the more rigorous standards of evidence.

Precisely because it's so exciting. That's the circumstance in which our hopes may dominate our skeptical scrutiny of the data.

So, we have to be very careful.

http://www.pbs.org/w.../carlsagan.html

Edited by Hazzard, 11 March 2011 - 11:33 PM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#64    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 11:41 PM

That Carl Sagan fella was pretty smart. :tu:

#65    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 30,731 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:56 AM

View PostHazzard, on 11 March 2011 - 01:07 PM, said:

Actually, no it doesnt.

A UFO (we all know they exist) where the U stands for Unidentified, is just that... there is nothing else attached to it.

Read Paxus link... http://www.unexplain...showentry=23141

Let's take one look at what has been described,

A saucer-shaped flying craft capable of flying hypersonic speeds within the atmosphere and not leave behind any sonic booms, and, capable of right-angles turns at high speeds beyond 40 Gs. They are capable of hovering silently and then, zoom off with on buildup in speed at hyperonic speeds. Such speeds and maneuvers have been confirmed visually, and via radar contacts, airborne and ground-based, which in many cases, confirmed the eyewitness accounts

Question is, were y those  saucer-shaped craft those of mankind?.

KEEP YOUR MACH UP AND CHECK SIX

#66    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 30,731 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:00 AM

View PostBlacksabbath, on 11 March 2011 - 07:41 PM, said:

Evidence that is good enough to prove the existence of aliens everyone thinks are visiting earth.

Then whose saucer-shaped craft have been interfering with our aircraft for decades?

#67    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 30,731 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:16 AM

View Postbee, on 11 March 2011 - 12:19 PM, said:

If the whole subject of ET visitation is highly classified...as it is said to be...then you might be waiting

a long time for that !!!

Much is still classified,  but somenone leaked  information in 1984, that one of our DSP satelllites had tracked a UFO as it maneuvered around the satellite, and that set off a chain of events and now, it has been revealed that our space surveillance assets have been tracking UFOs as they arrive from deep space, up to 500 times per year and not long ago, it was found that a DSP satellite had tracked the 1976 Iranian UFO incident.

Contrary to what some have said, it was Ron Regehr who notified security that someone had leaked that information on a bullentin board and the rest is history. He was one of the engineers who helped develope the DSP satellite.

#68    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 30,731 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:26 AM

The Coyne UFO Incident

Posted Image

UFO still puzzles 30 years later- Coyne Helicopter / UFO Incident. Soldiers encountered something strange in 'Coyne Incident'

DISPOSITION FORM
AR 340-15: the proponent agency is The Adjutant General's Office.

Near Midair Collision with UFO Report

To: Commander Flight Operations Office
DATE 23 Nov 73 Cmt 1
83D USARCOM USAR Flight Facility
ATTN: AHRCCG Cleveland Hopkins Airport Columbus Support Facility Cleveland, Ohio 44135

1. On 18 October 1973 at 2305 hours in the vicinity of Mansfield, Ohio, Army Helicopter 68-15444 assigned to Cleveland USAR/FFAC encountered a near midair collision with a unidentified flying object. Four crewmembers assigned to the Cleveland USARFFAC for flying proficiency were on AFTP
status when this incident occurred. The flight crew assigned was CPT Lawrence J. Coyne, Pilot in Command,1LT Arrigo Jozzi, Copilot, SSG Robert Yanacsek, Crew Chief, SSG John Healey,Flight Medio.
All the above personnel are member of the 316th MED DET(HEL AMB). a tenant reserve unit of the Cleveland USAR/FFAC.

2. The reported incident happened as follows: Army Helicopter 68-15444 was returning from Columbus, Ohio to Cleveland, Ohio and at 2305 hours east, south east of Mansfield Airport in the vicinity of Mansfield, Ohio while flying at an altitude of 2500 feet and on a heading of 030 degrees, SSG
Yanacsek observed a red light on the east horizon,90 drgrees to the flight path of the helicopter.
Approximately 30 seconds later, SSG Yanacsek indicated the object was converging on the helicopter at the same altitude at a airspeed in excess of 600 knots and on a midair collision heading.

Cpt Coyne observed the converging object, took over the controls of the aircraft and initiated a power descent from 2500 feet to 1700 feet to avoid impact with the object. A radio call was initiated to Mansfield Tower who acknowledged the helicopter and was asked by CPT Coyne if there were any high performance aircraft flying in the vicinity of Mansfield Airport however there was no response received from the tower. The crew expected impact from the object instead, the object was observed to hesistate momontarily over the helicopter and then slowly continued on a westerly course accelerating at a high rate of speed, clear west of Mansfield Airport then turn 45 degree heading to the Northwest. Cpt Coyne indicated the altimeter read a 1000 fpm olimp and read 3500 feet with the collective in the full down position. The aircraft was returned to 2500 feet by CPT Coyne and flown back to Cleveland, Ohio. The flight plan was closed and the FAA Flight Service Station notified of the incident. The FSS told CPT Coyne to report the incident to the FAA GADO office a Cleveland Hopkins Airport Mr. Porter, 83d USARCOM was notified of the incident at 1530 hours on 19 Oct 73.

3. This report has been read and attested to by the crewmembers of the aircraft with signatures acknowledgeing this report.

Lawrence J. Coyne [Signature]
<LI>Arrigo Jozzi [Signature]
<LI>Robert Yanacsek [Signature]
<LI>John Healey [Signature]

DA FORM 2496

My link

Edited by skyeagle409, 12 March 2011 - 01:30 AM.

#69    ohio state buckeyes

ohio state buckeyes

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:44 AM

There might be "scientific evidence "  if science would investigate UFOs, but instead they hold up a hacks reports on UFOs from the 70s and refuse to study them.

#70    The Prophet

The Prophet

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 02:58 AM

View Postohio state buckeyes, on 12 March 2011 - 01:44 AM, said:

There might be "scientific evidence "  if science would investigate UFOs, but instead they hold up a hacks reports on UFOs from the 70s and refuse to study them.
EXACTLY. The skeptics come out in mass numbers spouting about needing scientific evidence...but we will never get any because they won't study anything!! It is an endless cycle setup to make believers look insane.

#71    nessuna

nessuna

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:37 AM

There might be "scientific evidence " if science would investigate UFOs, but instead they hold up a hacks reports on UFOs from the 70s and refuse to study them.  

By most accounts I'm familiar with, with UFO's (in the sense of mysterious, unexplained objects in the sky) don't tend to be very cooperative when it comes to being studied.
But there is one place which has possibly been an exception.  A small valley in Norway called Hessdalen.

Hessdalen is a small valley in the central part of Norway. At the end of 1981 through 1984, residents of the Valley became concerned and alarmed about strange, unexplained lights that appeared at many locations throughout the Valley. Hundreds of lights were observed. At the peak of activity there were about 20 reports a week.
Project Hessdalen was established in the summer of 1983. A field investigation was carried out between 21.January and 26.February 1984. Fifty-three light observations were made during the field investigation. You may read the details in the technical report. There was an additional field investigation in the winter of 1985. However, no phenomena were seen during the period when the instruments were present.

Lights are still being observed in the Hessdalen Valley, but their frequency has decreased to about 20 observations a year. An automatic measurement station was put up in Hessdalen in August 1998. Both data and alarm-pictures can be viewed on this website.

This website has a lot of information, including photographs and videos.  Check it out if you're interested.

http://www.hessdalen.org/index_e.shtml

Edited by nessuna, 12 March 2011 - 03:38 AM.

+++Lisa+++

#72    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:57 AM

View PostThe Prophet, on 12 March 2011 - 02:58 AM, said:

EXACTLY. The skeptics come out in mass numbers spouting about needing scientific evidence...but we will never get any because they won't study anything!! It is an endless cycle setup to make believers look insane.
I disagree.  Skeptics look harder at these cases than most believers.  And plenty of believers don't need any help looking insane, they do a mighty fine job all on their own.  Not all believers, of course, but enough do draw a well-deserved ridicule that it tends to dampen the legitimacy of ETH claims.  If you want to cry about believers having a bad name, point the finger at the whack jobs out there that bring it upon themselves.

#73    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:02 AM

View Postnessuna, on 12 March 2011 - 03:37 AM, said:

By most accounts I'm familiar with, with UFO's (in the sense of mysterious, unexplained objects in the sky) don't tend to be very cooperative when it comes to being studied.
But there is one place which has possibly been an exception.  A small valley in Norway called Hessdalen.

This website has a lot of information, including photographs and videos.  Check it out if you're interested.

http://www.hessdalen.org/index_e.shtml
Hi nessuna and welcome to UM.  Hessdalen is one of my favorite subjects.  You might be interested in an interview with Massimo Teodorani posted here recently.  Enjoy.

#74    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,287 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:50 AM

View PostThe Prophet, on 12 March 2011 - 02:58 AM, said:

By all means of respect, that is just plain out wrong. It seems like you haven't been following the discussions on various topics here. Typically it is the skeptics that actually do the research and the believers that dismiss research because it tends to dismiss the ETH.

Cheers,
Badeskov

Edited by badeskov, 12 March 2011 - 04:50 AM.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#75    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,287 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:57 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 11 March 2011 - 11:41 PM, said:

That Carl Sagan fella was pretty smart. :tu:

That he indeed was, BooNy :tu:

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.