Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 11 votes

Best evidence for ET visitation - 3rd edition

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6153 replies to this topic

#91    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,594 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:22 AM

View PostHazzard, on 12 March 2011 - 10:16 AM, said:

Lets push on to new and exciting stuff.  

ebe's have been spotted @ fukushima

:unsure:

#92    Paxus

Paxus

Poltergeist

• 2,689 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:24 AM

Haz, Yeh, one day... that would be nice.

There are two opposing sides to my view on the ETH.
1) I find it supicious that there are hundreds or thousands of close encounters that would pass my criterion list (the short one - not quillius' comprehensive one) - they can't all be lying.
2) I find it supicious that in all these years there's no proof!

View Postmcrom901, on 12 March 2011 - 10:22 AM, said:

Huh? What now?
Who says?

Edited by Paxus, 12 March 2011 - 10:29 AM.

#93    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 29,824 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:28 AM

View Postbee, on 11 March 2011 - 01:31 PM, said:

I thought that this statement made by Jacques Vallee at the recent Competitiveness Forum Conference was dynamite !!!!

see Karl's thread here... http://www.unexplain...howtopic=201881

(at 7:30)

"......we have started to look at residue from these cases...there are a number

of cases where we have metalic residue that has been analysed and we are beginning

to understand why it would make sense for an advanced technology to use these

particular metals in that particular combination"

Confirmation that there is residue/debris from UFO cases..?

Now I wonder what cases these are?

One in particular, maybe....lol.... ;)

:cat:

Very interesting piece.

I notice right at the end he says

"beyond the polarisation of the limited science fiction view of ET"

I sure would like to know where he is heading with that.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#94    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 29,824 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:29 AM

View Post747400, on 11 March 2011 - 04:48 PM, said:

Just to get it out of the way, can I just pre-empt anyone else by saying

There was no Project Mogul Balloon #4!

And
The Skeptics need to do their homework!  

And
Look what you posted!!!   :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Ok, now we've got that out of the way, no one else need say it and maybe we can get on with some constructive discussion.
:D

I'll have a side of Tim Printy with that - to go.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#95    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,594 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:30 AM

View PostPaxus, on 12 March 2011 - 10:24 AM, said:

Huh? What now?
Who says?

there...

:blush:

they blasted it...  

http://www.reuters.c...E72B0XU20110312

:cry:

#96    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 29,824 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:30 AM

View Postmcrom901, on 12 March 2011 - 10:22 AM, said:

Do tell.

Wouldn't have a link would ya old mate?

#97    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,594 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:43 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 12 March 2011 - 10:30 AM, said:

Do tell.

Wouldn't have a link would ya old mate?

cheers mate...  :tu:

:P

#98    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 29,824 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:45 AM

View PostTheMcGuffin, on 11 March 2011 - 09:04 PM, said:

What, specifically?  Think of this as your big opportunity to write more than one line here.....

For me, some sort of a repeated return from something akin to WOW. Perhaps a conversation. I suspect that if the capability is there that this would be the first logical step to first contact between intelligent species.

#99    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 29,824 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:48 AM

View Postmcrom901, on 12 March 2011 - 10:43 AM, said:

cheers mate...  :tu:

:P

Cheers!

It does not come from space or go to space though - hi level escape craft for some super VIP?

That is indeed interesting, we must check out the CNN site.

#100    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

An Inspiration to Millions

• 23,267 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:07 PM

View Postmcrom901, on 12 March 2011 - 10:30 AM, said:

That would seem to be quite in keeping with what we know of tectonic activity, since I think most of us probably agree that some UFOs at least can be accounted for by "earthlights"/plasma. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to see lots of these kind of reports. Not (necessarily) ET, of course, but still useful for those researching the earthlights phenomenomomonon.

Edited by 747400, 12 March 2011 - 01:09 PM.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#101    TheMcGuffin

TheMcGuffin

Government Agent

• 3,965 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:20 PM

View PostBlacksabbath, on 12 March 2011 - 08:45 AM, said:

And what if I don't want to write "more than one line"? Frankly I don't give a damn. How's that for one line?

I'm not surprised.  Frankly, you are not the only one who posts one-liners quite a bit without knowing very much about this subject.

"The stuff that dreams are made of"

#102    TheMcGuffin

TheMcGuffin

Government Agent

• 3,965 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:22 PM

View PostBlacksabbath, on 12 March 2011 - 08:45 AM, said:

And what if I don't want to write "more than one line"? Frankly I don't give a damn. How's that for one line?

I'm not surprsied at all.  If that's the way you feel about it, then maybe you should leave this subject to people who do give a damn about it.

#103    Blacksabbath

Blacksabbath

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 06:04 PM

View PostTheMcGuffin, on 12 March 2011 - 04:22 PM, said:

I'm not surprsied at all.  If that's the way you feel about it, then maybe you should leave this subject to people who do give a damn about it.

I don't give a damn about anyone having a problem with me writing "one line" replies. Am I supposed to write a paragraph of my opinion in every topic? Or am I not allowed to express my opinion, if it's already been expressed, or if it's not a paragraph? If so, your logic is flawed.

#104    TheMcGuffin

TheMcGuffin

Government Agent

• 3,965 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 06:19 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 12 March 2011 - 10:45 AM, said:

For me, some sort of a repeated return from something akin to WOW. Perhaps a conversation. I suspect that if the capability is there that this would be the first logical step to first contact between intelligent species.

I don't know what the WOW was or why it never repeated.  I do have some doubts about supposedly advanced ETs using the radio, and about how far these signals actually carry.  One of the scientists involved said it came from several hundred light years away but they never detected anything like it again.

I have heard that the military and NSA really started the SETI program in the early-1950s and that the classified version was always much larger than the public one.  If they ever came up with anything, though, it's still classified--as I would expect knowing everything that I do about this subject.

#105    Paxus

Paxus

Poltergeist

• 2,689 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 06:41 PM

Hazzard - Since you're accepting the lousy evidence since there's nothing better - what do you say to the question, about all the really good cases (and there's more than the 5-10 that get mentioned here - there's hundreds of great witness testimony), are they ALL lying?

Before you say 'no, but they might be mistaken', keep in mind I'm talking about CLOSE encounters where it cannot possibly be anything but an advanced craft - say even with occupants sighted...

Are they all lying or delluded?

I think there's just too many from too many walks of life to be lying or delluded. No way....