Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Police debate whether to fire on UFO,

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1    karl 12

karl 12

Government Agent

• 3,765 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:54 PM

As it states in this FBI law enforcement bulletin "a great many times police officers have figured in UFO sightings directly" and the case below is a very interesting example involving close range sightings, separately located witnesses, electromagnetic interference effects and an object performing 'aerial gymnastics'- it even states in the report by Dr James Mcdonald that the police officers 'had their pistols drawn and were debating whether to fire' on the unknown object.

Red Bluff Police UFO Encounter - August, 1960:

Posted Image

Aug. 13, 1960..Red Bluff, CA: California Highway Patrol Officers Charles A. Carson and Stanley Scott were on patrol when they sighted what they thought was an airliner about to crash. When the UFO had descended to about 100 or 200 feet  altitude it suddenly reversed direction and climbed to 500  ft. Description: round or oblong surrounded by a glow (color not mentioned) and having definite red lights at each end. They continued to watch the UFO  as  it performed "unbelievable"  aerial feats. The local  RADAR operator  confirmed  the UFO at this time but denied it the  next  day. Other  Tehema County Sheriffs' officers also saw this UFO and  another similar one that same night.

NICAP Case Directory

UFOs: Greatest Scientific Problem of Our Times? - Dr James Edward McDonald

Object description - Police teletype report:

"At this time it was clearly visible to both of us. It was surrounded by a glow making the round or oblong object visible. At each end, or each side of the object, there were definite red lights. At times about five white lights were visible between the red lights.As we watched the object moved again and performed feats that were actually unbelievable."

Object emits red beam / EM effects:

The local radar base confirmed a UFO at this time (but denied it next day). "We made several attempts to ... get closer to it, but the object seemed to be aware of us and we were more successful remaining motionless and allow it to approach us, which it did on several occasions." Each time it did so, they experienced strong radio interference as the UFO emitted a red beam of light that swept the area and illuminated the ground. "The object was capable of moving in any direction. Up and down, back and forth .. it moved at high (extremely) speeds and several times we watched it change directions or reverse itself while moving at unbelievable speeds."

Second object / Separately located witnesses:

..When they had reached the Vina Plains Fire Station, the object was approached by a second object that came from the south.

The second object moved near to the first and both stopped and hovered for some time, occasionally emitting red beams. After a time, both objects vanished below the eastern horizon. They had observed the first object for a total of about two hours and fifteen minutes.

When they returned to the Tehama County Sheriff's Office, they found that the object had also been seen by Deputies Fry and Montgomery, as well as by the night jailer. All described the same thing.

USAF explanation:

"refraction of the planet Mars and the two bright stars Aldebaran and Betelgeuse".

Other links:

http://lightsinthete...en-and-now.html
http://www.ufocasebo...ffincident.html
http://www.greatdrea...ca-may-2007.htm

#2    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 21,226 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 02:05 PM

What kind of idiot policeman needs to debate whether to shoot at a target that they have not identified?

What kind of idiot policeman needs to debate whether to shoot at a target that they have not identified?  Especially if it is airborne?

#3    Robbie333

Robbie333

"Seek and you shall find"

• 2,790 posts

• Do not stand at my grave and weep
    I am not there; I do not sleep.

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:33 PM

View Postaquatus1, on 12 March 2011 - 02:05 PM, said:

What kind of idiot policeman needs to debate whether to shoot at a target that they have not identified?

What kind of idiot policeman needs to debate whether to shoot at a target that they have not identified?  Especially if it is airborne?

I agree Aqua. Typical humanity, if we cannot identify it, shoot it. Thats a real good first response. I am sure our 9mm's were a real scare to "them", LOL. My fellow humans never cease to amaze me !:rolleyes:

Edited by Robbie333, 12 March 2011 - 03:34 PM.

Robbie James

#4    TheMcGuffin

TheMcGuffin

Government Agent

• 3,965 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:40 PM

When the UFO was hovereing around Exeter, NH in 1965, one of the witnesses kept telling the cops to shoot at it, but they wisely refrained from doing so.

http://www.ufocasebook.com/Exeter.html

In general, I just don't think it's a good idea to shoot at these things, since they might react in a very unpleasant way.  

This Exeter case should also get an award for one of the most absurd "explantions" ever offered for a UFO--fire balloons!  The fact that this did not match what the witnesses described in any way did not stop the "explainers" from slapping some kind of "explanation" on it.  In this case, they would have done better to say nothing at all.

"The stuff that dreams are made of"

#5    Paxus

Paxus

Poltergeist

• 2,743 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 06:59 PM

I was going to write the EXACT same thing, as I was shaking my head after reading yet another case where people's instinct is to shoot at unidentified craft..... but then a few seconds later, I remembered, the human race is a DUMB primative one....

present company excluded of course *wink*

Thanks for posting Karl!

USAF explanation:
"refraction of the planet Mars and the two bright stars Aldebaran and Betelgeuse".
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Edited by Paxus, 12 March 2011 - 07:07 PM.

#6    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,481 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:20 PM

Cops are human  :P  when faced with something they don't know or understand pull out the stinger right and be ready to use it. After all there is the second amendment that allows many to pull guns on things they get scared of.

Ok back to the ufo thing they saw, maybe they thought something would beam down  :unsure2:

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#7    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

• 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:37 PM

View PostPaxus, on 12 March 2011 - 06:59 PM, said:

USAF explanation:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

WOW! Typical.. What gets me is people believe this crap. lol

#8    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,904 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:40 PM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 12 March 2011 - 07:20 PM, said:

Cops are human  :P  when faced with something they don't know or understand pull out the stinger right and be ready to use it. After all there is the second amendment that allows many to pull guns on things they get scared of.

Ok back to the ufo thing they saw, maybe they thought something would beam down  :unsure2:

How many times do we hear that old saying ! Shoot First and Ask questions Later ! I would bet that If ET comes to Earth and Parks over Central Park and some really Cool Lights start to Blink on and a Death Ray starts up !
Oh! Strike that last thought ! THat was another movie I remember !

Well We should  think before we Shoot ! Right? :innocent:

Attached Thumbnails

• earthstoodstill.jpg

This is a Work in Progress!

#9    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:50 PM

View PostRobbie333, on 12 March 2011 - 03:33 PM, said:

I agree Aqua. Typical humanity, if we cannot identify it, shoot it. Thats a real good first response. I am sure our 9mm's were a real scare to "them", LOL. My fellow humans never cease to amaze me !:rolleyes:
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing...you see something you cannot figure out what it is...so your first thought is to shoot at it? Good grief. That cops wife should be really careful when she gets up in the middle of the night to go use the bathroom, otherwise he may not be able to recognize her in the dark and start blasting away first response. I can understand being scared if a ufo is nearby, but unless the ufo starts shooting I just don't understand that urge.

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#10    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,481 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 08:01 PM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 12 March 2011 - 07:40 PM, said:

How many times do we hear that old saying ! Shoot First and Ask questions Later ! I would bet that If ET comes to Earth and Parks over Central Park and some really Cool Lights start to Blink on and a Death Ray starts up !
Oh! Strike that last thought ! THat was another movie I remember !

Well We should  think before we Shoot ! Right? :innocent:

We could all hope for that but hey I meet this sexy little thing last night and I didn't tarp the load so  :blush:   Kidding I was here stuck with my gf that bugs me to know end (joking) with a bucket of KFC. Now if I hadn't ordered kfc I might have shot the guy knocking on my door at 10 pm  :alien:

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#11    scheming_dreaming

scheming_dreaming

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:02 PM

well if they had gotten eaten by aliens without shooting everybody would still be calling them idiots.

It's like they just can't win.

#12    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 21,226 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:38 PM

For the records, I was trying to emphasize how unlikely the report is, due to the far more unlikely event that police would debate whether to shoot it or not.  They, after all, specifically trained in gun control in high stress situations.

It is more difficult for me to believe that a group of cops were deliberating whether to shoot an unidentified flying object that had not posed any danger to anything than to believe that someone merely made up the story.

#13    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,904 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:24 AM

View Postaquatus1, on 12 March 2011 - 11:38 PM, said:

For the records, I was trying to emphasize how unlikely the report is, due to the far more unlikely event that police would debate whether to shoot it or not.  They, after all, specifically trained in gun control in high stress situations.

It is more difficult for me to believe that a group of cops were deliberating whether to shoot an unidentified flying object that had not posed any danger to anything than to believe that someone merely made up the story.

Yes they are well trained Aqua,its the ones that just pull the trigger that worry me !
We have many deaths every year here over this very question. The responce from the police is always going to back the Men In Blue!
JUst Imagine If the perp, is Nine feet tall and holding a Plasma Gun and got nasty Green Teeth,and wants to Eat you?
Then I would say Shoot! :wacko:

Attached Thumbnails

• _50419210_665946.jpg

This is a Work in Progress!

#14    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 21,226 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:01 AM

I would say:  "Kid, take that mask off, put the watergun down, and go home, before I call your parents."

If he still tries to eat me, then I tackle him.  Shooting is probably not even going to be a consideration.

#15    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,146 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:20 AM

Should I shoot the UFO , or should I not shoot the UFO....

Posted Image

Edited by Sakari, 13 March 2011 - 05:34 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users