Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The Disappearance of Kristen Modafferi

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:16 PM

Eighteen-year-old Kristen Modafferi was a college honor student from North Carolina spending her summer in San Francisco. On Monday, June 23rd, 1997, she arrived for work at the Crocker Galleria mall. She had taken a job at a coffee shop to pay for a photography course at U.C. Berkeley. At the end of her shift, Kristen left the coffee shop and was never seen again.

From the start, authorities were frustrated by intriguing clues that went nowhere and a trail that led directly into the ocean. As in many missing person's cases, police had few leads to work with. One of the first pieces of the puzzle was identifying a blonde woman seen with Kristin the day she disappeared. Forty-five minutes after Kristin's shift ended, a man who worked with her noticed them at the mall together. Police used a bloodhound to try to retrace Kristen's route the day that she vanished. The dog immediately located her trail, but police weren't sure if this was a route Kristen took the day she disappeared, or some other day.   The dog then led them to Geary Street, heading toward Land's End Beach. Kristen's co-workers had said that on the day she vanished, she talked about visiting Land's End Beach.

But if Kristen didn't drown, what happened to her? Seventeen days after she vanished, a man called a local news station and claimed Kristen had been murdered. Bill Magee, the assignment editor at KGO-TV, received the call:
"He went into a very long description of who he said killed her and he told me that there were two women, and he named them. He said that Kristen had been killed as a result of a lesbian love affair that went wrong."
Detectives tracked down the two women named by the caller, but determined they didn't know Kristen and had nothing to do with her disappearance. Nobody have seen Kristen since June 23, 1997.

When Kristen was last seen alive she was with a blonde woman. The man who saw them together said that they were walking very close from each other, like a couple or two close friends would do. What's strange is that Kristen said she had no friends in San Francisco, logical since she was in the city only since June 1. Some people believe that the blonde woman seduced Kristen, then brought Kristen to her abductor. The Authorities tried very hard to find who that blonde woman was, asked her to come forward but she never did and to this day we still have no idea who was this woman.

Posted Image

DOB: 6/1/79
Height: 5’8”
Weight: 140 lb.
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Defining Characteristics: Facial dimples
Remarks: Last seen 6/23/97

The only suspect in the case is a man named Jon Onuma. Onuma is the one who made the phone call to the ABC studio annonymously saying two lesbians killed Kristen and that one of the gals worked at the local YMCA. Mahanay interviewed these women and it was obvious from the start that they had nothing to do with this. The women told the police that a guy named 'Jon Onuma' made the phone call - and that is how he surfaced in this case. He remains the prime suspect. (Source: http://www.findkrist...allsDennis.html)

Here is the link to a great site about Kristen Modafferi's case. Mr. Dennis Mahon, creator of the site, is still investigating the case and know everything about it.
WWW.FINDKRISTEN.COM

Here is the Unsolved Mysteries episode about the case :

Edited by JVE, 14 March 2011 - 08:16 PM.

#2    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:04 PM

I wrote another e-mail to Dennis Mahon, I'm trying to know more about this case. For now here is the link to the F.B.I. Website. The F.B.I. is still investigating the disappearance of Kristen.

F.B.I. : Kristen Modafferi

#3    Cloudshill

Cloudshill

Tree Spirit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

• "It's not that it doesn't hurt.........the trick is not minding that it hurts"

Posted 18 March 2011 - 08:30 AM

thanks...interesting, I hope they solve it

Posted Image

#4    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:25 PM

View PostCloudshill, on 18 March 2011 - 08:30 AM, said:

thanks...interesting, I hope they solve it
You are welcome, sir.

Here is a link to the Kristen Foundation, Offering Hope to the families of endangered adults.
THE KRISTEN FOUNDATION

I'm trying to get in contact with Mr. Mahon again, hopefully he'll share more details with me, keeping you posted.

#5    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:41 AM

I just read something very interesting. Some people claims that the disappearance of Kristen might be linked to Joseph Naso, a 77-year-old accused serial killer who often lived in California. I'll try to find more on this interesting theory.

#6    sarah snow

sarah snow

Jam Jar Skater

• 3,943 posts

• Things we don't want to happen, but have to accept. Things we don't want to know, we have to learn. People we can't live without, we have to let go.

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:37 AM

View PostCloudshill, on 18 March 2011 - 08:30 AM, said:

I hope they solve it

Me too, Cloudy. Her poor family. It must be awful, not knowing  :unsure:

A stumbling block is merely a stepping stone you tripped over

#7    scaredsilly

scaredsilly

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

• "In an open mind, there is always room to move."

Posted 15 April 2011 - 05:03 AM

How sad, hope they find her  :unsure:

#8    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:24 PM

View Postsarah snow, on 15 April 2011 - 02:37 AM, said:

Me too, Cloudy. Her poor family. It must be awful, not knowing  :unsure:
Yeah, must be horrible, they don't even know if she is still alive or dead. Maybe she was sold to be a sex slave in another country, who knows ?? Must be horrible for her parents, I can't imagine living without knowing if your child is dead or alive.  :(

The links between the disappearance of Kristen and serial killer Joseph Naso are:
- Naso was a professional photographer who traveled between New York and California extensively for decades. Naso used photography as a ruse to access his victims. Kristen Modafferi was enrolled in a photography class.
- Naso lived in San Francisco in the 90's. However we don't know if he was in San Francisco in 1997, when Kristen disappeared.

I'm trying to find more informations.

#9    purplepsyche

purplepsyche

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 02:22 AM

I could not relate to what Kristen's family suffer through even today however, I can imagine there's a great big hole inside each one of them as they try to go on with their lives, with no answer as to what happened to hers.

I would love to read an update on this, like that what was in the news some months ago where a little girl abducted nearly 20 years ago was found alive and living a life she didn't know had been because she was stolen away from her birth family.  I look forward to that news very much.
My heart goes out to the Modafferi family and everyone who misses Kristen and continues to hope for answers. I do too.

#10    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:41 AM

View Postpurplepsyche, on 16 April 2011 - 02:22 AM, said:

I would love to read an update on this, like that what was in the news some months ago where a little girl abducted nearly 20 years ago was found alive and living a life she didn't know had been because she was stolen away from her birth family.  
It would be amazing, but in the case of Kristen she was 18 and not 11 like Jaycee Dugard was, so I don't think somebody kidnapped her and tried to raise her as his/her child, my guess is that Kristen was the victim of a sexual predator and that the chances that she is still alive are very weak.

But then again I could be wrong, and I'm sure her parents and family are still trying to be positive and I'm sure they also think about the case of Jaycee. Anything is possible.

Still trying to learn more about the links between Kristen and Serial killer Joseph Naso.

Edited by JonathanVonErich, 16 April 2011 - 03:45 AM.

#11    JVE

JVE

Alien Embryo

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:49 PM

I wasn't able to link the disappearance of Kristen with Serial Killer Joseph Naso. It's very frustrating. I'm trying to contact one of the investigator involved in the case, I want to ask him/them if they are investigating the link between Kristen and Naso.

#12    JVE

JVE

Alien Embryo

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:55 PM

Here is the "America's most Wanted" segment about Kristen:

http://video.google....348965400977888

#13    mcrguy18

mcrguy18

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 76 posts

• Ghost, Monsters and Demons i get but people are just crazy.

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:41 AM

i don't what is about this story but this screams supernatural phenomenon

#14    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:09 PM

View Postmcrguy18, on 07 July 2011 - 11:41 AM, said:

i don't what is about this story but this screams supernatural phenomenon
I don't know if you are serious but in my opinion there is nothing paranormal about this case.

Sadly Kristen was probably the victim of a sexual predator.

#15    wondergirl100

wondergirl100

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:48 AM

View Postpurplepsyche, on 16 April 2011 - 02:22 AM, said:

I could not relate to what Kristen's family suffer through even today however, I can imagine there's a great big hole inside each one of them as they try to go on with their lives, with no answer as to what happened to hers.

I would love to read an update on this, like that what was in the news some months ago where a little girl abducted nearly 20 years ago was found alive and living a life she didn't know had been because she was stolen away from her birth family.  I look forward to that news very much.
My heart goes out to the Modafferi family and everyone who misses Kristen and continues to hope for answers. I do too.

At least some of these missing person cases have happy endings and these people are found alive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users