Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

New lead in the Zodiac Killer Case ?

• Please log in to reply
429 replies to this topic

#361    pallidin

pallidin

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,106 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:33 PM

Yeah, that there is no ID on the man in the picture seems odd to me as well.
He obviously knew the girl, and I presume the person taking the picture at least knew of him too.
How could the family not know?

I don't know, haven't followed this thread enough to say there is no ID.
Always found it to be one dang strange case though.

#362    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:05 PM

View PostMacBeth, on 19 July 2012 - 04:01 PM, said:

Strange no-one has come forward from the family and maybe my eyesight is challenged and my optician hasn't spotted it, but the Jim pic and the "stranger" blokes look identical to me (ears, jaw and hair and nose - he is smiling in the Jim pic which makes your nose and ears move sometimes).  The "stranger" also has a wedding ring on. Just my 2 cents anyhoo.

Thank you for sharing MacBeth. :)

I agree, the man on the picture could be Jim Phillips, it's possible. However Jim himself said that he is not the man on the picture. I just don't see why he would lie about this, knowing it would put the story to rest. The fact Jim said many times that he is not the man in the picture is, to me, proof that he isn't. But who knows ?

View Postpallidin, on 19 July 2012 - 04:33 PM, said:

Yeah, that there is no ID on the man in the picture seems odd to me as well.
He obviously knew the girl, and I presume the person taking the picture at least knew of him too.
How could the family not know?

Thanks for sharing pallidin. :)

I agree, the fact there's no ID on the man after all this time is weird. Last January researcher Tom Voigt received a statement made by the owner of the picture ( we don't know who this person is ) saying that the picture was taken by a close member of the Suennen family ( again we don't know who this person is ), who knew Darlene. The person who took the picture told the owner of the picture that the man in the picture was a "Boyfriend" of Darlene, not her husband, and that the guy was strange. For more: http://zodiackiller....=5653&start=650

So we still don't know who the man is, but based on what the owner of the picture told Tom Voigt it seems like the man in the picture was definitely not Jim Phillips Crabtree, but rather a boyfriend of Darlene ( Darlene had many boyfriends, she was very popular with men ).

#363    ZodiacRevisited

ZodiacRevisited

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:16 AM

Personally, I'm of the opinion that the Zodiac likely did not know any of his victims. I believe there may well have been a geographic component to the killer's selection of crime-scene location. But apart from that, I suspect the killer essentially chose victims who, quite literally, were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

In this sense, however, it seems to me that the killer benefitted enormously by choosing to attack Ferrin and Mageau. Darlene was an attractive young woman who knew a plethora of people. When law enforcement (and others) went looking for connections that might somehow be related to the crime, there were many to be found. This long-unresolved question about the unknown person in the picture is a perfect example of this phenomenon in action. At the end of the day, I sincerely doubt that it will yield anything substantive in terms of moving the investigation forward.

Man prefers to believe what he prefers to be true - Francis Bacon
The Zodiac Revisited
Zodiac Killer Cipher Generator

#364    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:50 PM

Thanks for sharing your view on the case, Michael. :)

#365    CuriousLittleOne

CuriousLittleOne

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:45 AM

i feel so silly.... im a bit slow on the uptake. but you know zodiac's "costume" ( the one with the glasses under the hood,)

durr he needed the glasses to see after he took the hood off :blush:

Posted Image

#366    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:06 PM

Check this out: http://www.zodiackil...lenePhotos.html

Her hair style is very similar to her 1966 High School Graduation pic. So it makes sense that it might have been taken in '63 or '64. Not to mention the fact she is wearing "beatle boots". Check out: http://en.wikipedia....ki/Beatle_boots

Does anyone have a timeline of her life? When was she married to Crabtree?

#367    CuriousLittleOne

CuriousLittleOne

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

any thoughts

Posted Image

#368    CuriousLittleOne

CuriousLittleOne

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

just finished watching it, i firmly believe that Jack Terrance was the zodiac,
the handwriting and his son finding the mask, COME ON! if thats a coincidence, then its a bloddy big one!

case closed for me.

Posted Image

#369    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

View PostCuriousLittleOne, on 28 April 2013 - 02:52 PM, said:

any thoughts

I will watch this, for sure! I've watched the "Mysteryquest" Zodiac Killer episode, which is pretty good also. Will be watching this, and I will be sure to comment on it. Thanks for posting. :tu:

#370    pallidin

pallidin

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,106 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

This will always be a fascinating criminal case for me.

Several likely suspects, as I recall, but no hard proof against any of them.

And (I think) all have since died. Not sure about that though.

Perhaps the actual killer is either now dead(the likely suspects as reported) or was not any of those and faded out-of site in some long-term prison sentence for some other murder or high crime or natural death.

I also wonder about "copycats" or a "team effort" between at least 2 people. Geeze, who knows.

Intriquing as always thogh.

#371    Leftcoastgal

Leftcoastgal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 104 posts

• "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" H.S. Thompson
    Avatar: The Comet Kid by Bob Sacha

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

View PostCuriousLittleOne, on 28 April 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

just finished watching it, i firmly believe that Jack Terrance was the zodiac,
the handwriting and his son finding the mask, COME ON! if thats a coincidence, then its a bloddy big one!

case closed for me.

Wow,  this was strongly convincing, the most compelling collection of information I have seen yet on who the Z might have been.  Thanks for posting that.  I have watched that show before but didn't see this one in the guide or I'd have tuned in.

I didn't catch information on how long ago the mask and other materials were handed over to FBI. If it's been a long time, it makes me wonder if they ever will come out and ID him as the killer.  Let me go back and listen for a reference as to when stepson might have spoken to FBI and given them the evidence he turned up.

You Tube indicates this aired in 2010.  So it's been some time that the FBI has had the materials.  Realize it's not exactly a red-hot subject for them at this point, but if they confirm it ... they should inform us.  Bay Area would like to know certainly (home 2 me)

Edited by Leftcoastgal, 28 April 2013 - 08:49 PM.

#372    CuriousLittleOne

CuriousLittleOne

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

View PostLeftcoastgal, on 28 April 2013 - 08:43 PM, said:

Wow,  this was strongly convincing, the most compelling collection of information I have seen yet on who the Z might have been.  Thanks for posting that.  I have watched that show before but didn't see this one in the guide or I'd have tuned in.

I didn't catch information on how long ago the mask and other materials were handed over to FBI. If it's been a long time, it makes me wonder if they ever will come out and ID him as the killer.  Let me go back and listen for a reference as to when stepson might have spoken to FBI and given them the evidence he turned up.

You Tube indicates this aired in 2010.  So it's been some time that the FBI has had the materials.  Realize it's not exactly a red-hot subject for them at this point, but if they confirm it ... they should inform us.  Bay Area would like to know certainly (home 2 me)

theres only 2 options

1- the masked belonged to him, aka he was the zodiac
2- the mask was made as a "costume"  or trophy, and he had nothing directly to do with the zodiac

Posted Image

#373    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

View PostCuriousLittleOne, on 28 April 2013 - 02:52 PM, said:

any thoughts

Okay so I FINALLY finished watching this earlier today.
There are A LOT of suspects who have been introduced as the Zodiac Killer, but the whole handwriting thing was EXTREMELY interesting. Plus the mask that the step-son found.
Was watching the Mysteryquest episode about the Zodiac Killer, and I'm not really sure Richard Gaikowski was the Zodiac like they claimed. I didn't think that
Gaikowski looked like the suspect rendering, to be honest. What was interesting though was the age progression done on the show, and although THEY thought it looked like an older Gaikowski, I have to disagee. It looked like Jack
Terrance when he was older.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also check his website out: http://thezodiackill...gitalzones.com/

Edited by Kowalski, 29 April 2013 - 06:49 PM.

#374    CuriousLittleOne

CuriousLittleOne

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:08 PM

such an interesting case, for me anyway, i now have several "pet" cases, zodiac, johbenet and the girls scouts camp murders

Posted Image

#375    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:50 PM

View PostKowalski, on 29 April 2013 - 06:48 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

These two guys look ALOT alike don't you think??

I don't think Richard Gaikowski is the Zodiak because he doesn't look like the suspect renderings. At least to me he doesn't. See:

Posted Image

Please Check out: http://www.zodiackil...any-other-name/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users