Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Music of the mind

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:36 AM

<strong class='bbc'>Image credit: sxc.hu</strong>
Image credit: sxc.hu
Tammy A. Branom: A couple days ago, a local radio station changed its format after 21 years of being the ultimate (and only provider of new rock) rock music channel here.  Apparently, the ratings were not high enough, so their sister AM talk station simulcast into the FM side.  No more music.  All news, all the time.  Why would you change a rock music station to talk radio?  Especially after 21 years?  All music to all talk in the flip of a switch. There were no announcements of this impending doom.  One day, it just was.  Now, why would anyone be so cruel to all of the rock listeners?  Honestly, I donít know all the whys of this change, but since I like a good conspiracy story as well as anyone else, I got to thinking about the roll music plays in the world.

Posted Image View: Full Article

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    War Eagle

War Eagle

Esoteric Seeker

• 6,559 posts

• Reason deceives us - conscience never.

Posted 26 March 2011 - 03:25 AM

View PostUM-Bot, on 24 March 2011 - 11:36 AM, said:

<strong class='bbc'>Image credit: sxc.hu</strong>
Image credit: sxc.hu
Tammy A. Branom: A couple days ago, a local radio station changed its format after 21 years of being the ultimate (and only provider of new rock) rock music channel here.  Apparently, the ratings were not high enough, so their sister AM talk station simulcast into the FM side.  No more music.  All news, all the time.  Why would you change a rock music station to talk radio?  Especially after 21 years?  All music to all talk in the flip of a switch. There were no announcements of this impending doom.  One day, it just was.  Now, why would anyone be so cruel to all of the rock listeners?  Honestly, I donít know all the whys of this change, but since I like a good conspiracy story as well as anyone else, I got to thinking about the roll music plays in the world.

Posted Image View: Full Article

Has anyone ever noticed that during rush hour, rock stations play more mellow music?

Yes, like Justin Bieber...But that could explain why road-rage is on the rise...  :rofl:

Iíve read on a few conspiracy theory sites how people thwarted government mind control by putting on headphones and listening to rock music.

I doubt it, not classic rock anyway. Maybe today's faucet drip-drip-dripping techno X pop X lolly-pop music that's continually pounded thru the airwaves right into our brainwaves.

#3    Robin_Shadowes

Robin_Shadowes

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 250 posts

• I lol therefore I am.

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:19 AM

I have loved progressive rock since the 70's and I find it very calming on my mind at least. Not all of it is ambient but it doesn't matter. I love it because it is structured differently than most of the music you hear on radio. It can focus more on rock like Rush or be more ambient like Camel. There's a prog station called Aural Moon. I don't know if it is possible to listened to them from a car but you can always bring cd's with you or mp3's if you prefer that format. I like mellow music anyway. I hate techno for the monotonous thumping beat.

#4    Trog

Trog

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

• Life is too short for disagreements.

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:46 PM

Soft harmonious music soothing the wild beast , that would be a good idea .

Why don't car manufactures build cars that come with their own soothing music generators ? And I'm not talking about a Radio or Tape or CD players , the sounds produced by such devices is sometimes very questionable .

How about hub caps cut and shaped in such a way that when the car is moving they catch the air and create soothing organ type sounds , and then driving would be as soothing as sitting in church .

Road rage would be a thing of the past , the angry beast behind the wheel would become a divine being of peace and tranquility .

Or you could have a second set of musical hub caps designed specifically for repelling Aliens .

Or is that too much to hope for ?

The Ark of the Covenant was the sacred chest, overlaid with gold, which occupied the inner sanctum of the temple and symbolised God's covenant with his people.. Covenant= The promises that God made to his people as recorded in the bible. The Ark of the Covenant has never been found .

#5    Cryptozological Mascot

Cryptozological Mascot

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:50 PM

You must be talking about 101.1 KUFO... it has now been replaced by Lars Larson and Glen Beck.  ugh...:mellow:

The world is my oyster... and I'm allergic to sea food.
My Background / Credentials

#6    devilmaycare

devilmaycare

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:34 AM

To the original poster.
Apparently you simply refuse to listen to the real music.
In any case it's not what you listen to, it's the music you yourself make that matters. The rest is only accompaniment.

Edited by devilmaycare, 17 May 2011 - 06:35 AM.

If you have nothing you would die for, then you also have nothing to live for.

"It is not worth an intelligent man's time to be in the majority. By definition, there are already enough people to do that." G. H. Hardy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users