Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Montauk Project...

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1    dekker87

dekker87

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 02:07 PM

this is possibly one of the most outlandish and fantastical 'modern' cases out there...yet for some reason i believe there to be some truth within it....i don't know why....i'm not easily fooled, i've been studying this sort of thing for 30 years and my father was an entusiast for 30 years before that...i find very very few ufo reports credible and believe 99% of abduction cases to be untrue...

yet this case - perhaps the oddest of them all - strikes me as real...instinct is all i'm going on tbh...

anyone else have any thoughts on this?

My link

#2    Avant

Avant

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:49 AM

Good read! Thanks for that I'd not heard of it before, not sure how much I can believe but it is interesting

#3    dekker87

dekker87

Psychic Spy

• 1,369 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:28 AM

no worries....theres some decent links here if you wanna investigate further...

My link

#4    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:36 AM

First of all, I think Montauk is an abandoned air force base and nothing else. The entire article reads like bad science fiction, seriously. psychotronics (a word which incidently doesn't mean what it says in the article), particle beams, electromagnetic mind control, black-hole simulations and interdimensional/time travel experiments? Give me a break here.

I actually do you one better, it reads like an amalgam of quite a lot of different conspiracy theories, that's what it reads like.

A and for the record :

However by terms of the deed, the Federal government still retains all rights to any and all property beneath the surface!
Google "mineral rights on property" and you'll find that this is actually not exceptional at all. Most US states have an individual law about it. For example : Texas allows separate ownership of mineral and surface rights, a situation called a "severed estate." Mineral rights can be severed from surface rights at any time in a property's past. But this is also the case in federal law, most people aren't even aware that they don't own what under them.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#5    dekker87

dekker87

Psychic Spy

• 1,369 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:45 AM

View PostTheSearcher, on 25 March 2011 - 09:36 AM, said:

First of all, I think Montauk is an abandoned air force base and nothing else. The entire article reads like bad science fiction, seriously. psychotronics (a word which incidently doesn't mean what it says in the article), particle beams, electromagnetic mind control, black-hole simulations and interdimensional/time travel experiments? Give me a break here.

I actually do you one better, it reads like an amalgam of quite a lot of different conspiracy theories, that's what it reads like.

lol - i accept all you've said...but for some reason i just think there's something to this case...Jacques Vallee - the ufop researcher i respect above all others looked into this extensively and dismissed it as an offshoot of the Philidelphia experiment but i still instinctively believe something very unusual is goin on here...

lol - i accept all you've said...but for some reason i just think there's something to this case...Jacques Vallee - the ufop researcher i respect above all others looked into this extensively and dismissed it as an offshoot of the Philidelphia experiment but i still instinctively believe something very unusual is goin on here...

#6    Sylent Nyte

Sylent Nyte

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:49 PM

View Postdekker87, on 24 March 2011 - 02:07 PM, said:

this is possibly one of the most outlandish and fantastical 'modern' cases out there...yet for some reason i believe there to be some truth within it....i don't know why....i'm not easily fooled, i've been studying this sort of thing for 30 years and my father was an entusiast for 30 years before that...i find very very few ufo reports credible and believe 99% of abduction cases to be untrue...

yet this case - perhaps the oddest of them all - strikes me as real...instinct is all i'm going on tbh...

My link

Please come again when the complex rises from the ground and transforms into a giant robot. Thank you.  :w00t:

#7    SlimJim22

SlimJim22

Alien Abducter

• 4,682 posts

• "As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being." Carl Jung

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:42 PM

It sure is one of the greater potential mysteries. Sure it is not certified but there is enough to warrant at least considering this place to be a hub of several conspiracies. I have not read any of the books written by Moon, Bielak and others but I would like to at some point.

Though there are many facets to the mysetry the part I find most fascinating is the Montauk Chair.

I've tried to find some decent links and this is what I got.

http://www.bibliotec...iladelfia_3.htm

http://www.bibliotec...lfia_2.htm#menu

http://www.subversiv...t_Superman.html

It is more science fiction than science fact but who knows what the powers that be have really been doing for years around Camp Hero and elsewhere.

"I belive no thing, I follow the Law of One. I am a Man-O'-Sion under construction."

#8    ships-cat

ships-cat

Alien Abducter

• 5,122 posts

• ..it's all too confusing for the working Cat to understand.... :(

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:40 PM

Hmmm... I'm afraid I found the article deeply disatisfying. It kept making allegations about esoteric research at the station that where never subsequently corroborated. It left you with the superficial impression that the station MUST be involved in such activities, but there was never any substantiation; when you read it carefully it is ALL allegations.

It also kept throwing in red herrings. The Searcher has already mentioned the one about mineral rights. (making the commonplace sound suspicious). But what about the bit about "parts of a state park being off-limits to the public" ? That is also commonplace, though the author hints (but never STATES) that it is suspicious and unusual.

My favourite is THIS little gem:

U.S. Army Corps of Engineers plans and records establish conclusive proof of the existence of at least four levels of subterranean facilities beneath Camp Hero, and according to informed sources up to three additional levels have been added as recently as the early 1990s. Montauk is actually geologically distinct from the rest of Long Island and is the top of an undersea mountain, so there is plenty of bedrock to go down into.
Again, uncorroborated allegations about "plans and records" that are never cited (the author never even claims to have seen them personally, nor explains where he got this information), and a throwaway comment about geography that darkly hints at additional subterranean levels. Here's a word to the wise... ALL islands are effectively "at the top of an undersea mountain". That is what an island IS.

No.. sorry... the article leaves me cold.

meow purr :)

A cat stretches from one end of my childhood to the other.

#9    Paxus

Paxus

Poltergeist

• 2,689 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:55 PM

dekker87 -  have you heard the guy talk who claims to have been a security guard at the facilty?

To aswer your OP question, yes, I find it fascinating, but only as a fiction.

Devil's avocado - But you just never know. I don't remember the name of the guy but he was a senior staffer of Lockheed, I think... anyway, he said whatever you can think of, in terms of technology, we can already do... You name it, just like what you see in sci fi, we can do it, but these amazing feats of technology will never be revealed to the public.
If that were true, why not an underground base where all these weird and wonderful things are tested?....

*LOL* Have fun with it ;)

Edited by Paxus, 28 March 2011 - 01:00 PM.

#10    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,030 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 29 March 2011 - 04:47 PM

If they're playing around with gigawatts, I can't help but wonder if this is where Dr. Emmett "Doc" Brown has been hanging out lately. :ph34r:

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#11    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,103 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:42 PM

Interesting read but I think it's just an abandoned radar base from back from the Top Gun/ Rocky IV era.

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#12    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,579 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:31 PM

Not buying it.  I work at a school or architecture in Upstate New York and several of our 5th year undergrad and grad students have done thesis projects focusing on Montauk.  They've spent weeks going over the entire location, surveying, mapping, entering the buildings, etc.

There's nothing going on there.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#13    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,981 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 01:50 AM

View Postdekker87, on 24 March 2011 - 02:07 PM, said:

My link

I have read five Peter Moon and Preston Nichols books. I still sit on a fence regarding a lot of it. But there is some stuff in those books that does make you think.

So when I tell people about them, I say either it is a horrible truth or it is the best science fiction I have ever read.
Meanwhile, I store more bits of information on it or like it, as they arise. I don't have to make a decision on it. I will sit back and wait and watch.

A good podcast with Preston Nichols can be found if you search for Rob Simcox or Paranormal Cafe. I hope it is still available. I have it stored.

I am also very protective of my children.

Edited by regeneratia, 30 March 2011 - 01:58 AM.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#14    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,981 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:14 AM

A and for the record :

Google "mineral rights on property" and you'll find that this is actually not exceptional at all. Most US states have an individual law about it. For example : Texas allows separate ownership of mineral and surface rights, a situation called a "severed estate." Mineral rights can be severed from surface rights at any time in a property's past. But this is also the case in federal law, most people aren't even aware that they don't own what under them.

It is said that the military is about 30-40 years ahead of the rest of the world when it comes to technology. Particle beams are certainly a possibility. We KNOW they are using electro or sound wave or microwave defense. Or all of them. In fact, I have a little cheap toy model of a military styled "Electronic Defense Unit" right here at my elbow. AND i met a man once who specialized in this particular aspect of warfare. It exists, in all sorts of forms! http://www.google.co...lient=firefox-a, http://www.knovel.co...LAY_bookid=1290
It is said that is how they got Saddam or one of his doubles (He had 6 of them) to come out of the  bunker he was hiding in, after the illegal invasion of Iraq.

What do you think Cern is?

To scoff it is to show some kind of lack of knowledge about it. OR to downplay or obfuscate what you know to be truth.

Our government, all our governments have a lot of answer for, alot of deeds that they should not be proud of, no matter how superior they think they are compared to us little people. In all my fifty years, it is the rule, not the exception, that the little people like me act is a more moral and upright manner.

There is no doubt whatsoever that our military would and could do what Preston Nichols relates to us. Look what they did in Abu Gharib and now with dead bodies in Afghanistan.

Iran-Contra, where the lives in complete villages of innocents were wiped out. Oh yeah, sometimes you have to be above the law, right? WRONG!
Ollie was wrong, wrong, wrong.
And those that gave small-pox laden blankets to the natives in North America. Yeah, this is the kind of behavior our country was founded on.
I demand better behavior from our military and our government!!

Edited by regeneratia, 30 March 2011 - 02:34 AM.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#15    Quiet Insanity

Quiet Insanity

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:39 AM

That article gave a lot of theories about what's going on there and acted as if they were true with no sources listed or even any plausible reason why they should know any of this. It does make a good case for something going on in the last half of the article, but nothing necesserily evil as the first half would have you believe.

Even if something is happening there, so what? There are some projects that are so important or potentially dangerous that it's probably better they remain secret as long as possible. I hate government secrets as much as the next person, but unless what's happening there is a direct harm to the public then I can live without knowing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users