Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

POLL: Would disclosure cause panic or riots?


  • Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#31    Ryano

Ryano

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined:25 Mar 2011

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:31 AM

If the aliens actually looked like those girls in that video sakari id be makin my own alien/hybrid football team, hell id be startin up my own league.

From what i hear from all the stories out there, theyre more likely to look like (see attached pic) n if those guys took me on board, I aint gonna be layin back takin it easy. Im gonna be rioting n kickin a few alien heads in  B)

Attached Files



#32    susieice

susieice

    December's Child

  • Member
  • 11,043 posts
  • Joined:10 Jun 2009
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Pennsylvania

  • "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:32 AM

Thanks for the link boo. I haven't seen that episode in a long time. Scared the crap out of me when I was younger. :alien:

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#33    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

    Forum Divinity

  • Closed
  • 13,536 posts
  • Joined:18 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:01 AM

View Postsusieice, on 28 March 2011 - 12:32 AM, said:

Thanks for the link boo. I haven't seen that episode in a long time. Scared the crap out of me when I was younger. :alien:
Cheers susie, it's a classic for sure. :tu:


#34    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,153 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:54 AM

View PostRyano, on 28 March 2011 - 12:31 AM, said:

If the aliens actually looked like those girls in that video sakari id be makin my own alien/hybrid football team, hell i'd be startin up my own league.

From what i hear from all the stories out there, they're more likely to look like (see attached pic) n if those guys took me on board, I aint gonna be layin back takin it easy. I'm gonna be rioting n kickin a few alien heads in  B)

Ah , those guys are nice....I saw them on Stargate SG-1 :)

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#35    arenee

arenee

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts
  • Joined:04 Jan 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Arizona

  • I wish I was more witty; then this might say something funny.

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:58 AM

View PostSakari, on 28 March 2011 - 01:54 AM, said:

Ah , those guys are nice....I saw them on Stargate SG-1 :)
Yeah, what's left of them after the replicators.... :ph34r:

"A valuable contributor to UM! Always enjoy her clever and often original outlook. - Paxus"

#36    aquatus1

aquatus1

    Forum Divinity

  • 19,365 posts
  • Joined:05 Mar 2004
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:18 AM

Here's the thing:  We had pretty much a worse case scenario disclosure back during the War of the Worlds broadcast, when there were groups of people who not only genuinely believed there were aliens, they believed the aliens were attacking, and winning at that!

There was so little panic and no rioting that the newspapers actually had to make up stories to print.  If the situation did not result in panic during a perceived attack, why would it result in a panic when no actual imminent threat exists?


#37    arenee

arenee

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts
  • Joined:04 Jan 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Arizona

  • I wish I was more witty; then this might say something funny.

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:21 AM

So, if there was disclosure and we knew there was going to be an attack, what kinds of reactions do we think we could expect.  I'd suspect some panic but otherwise, I agree with you aquatus.

"A valuable contributor to UM! Always enjoy her clever and often original outlook. - Paxus"

#38    Ryano

Ryano

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined:25 Mar 2011

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:28 AM

View PostSakari, on 28 March 2011 - 01:54 AM, said:

Ah , those guys are nice....I saw them on Stargate SG-1 :)





Yh man n they're the pretty ones  :lol:  James Randi's in a relationship with the one in the middle but he denys all knowledge of its existence

Edited by Ryano, 28 March 2011 - 02:36 AM.


#39    Sylent Nyte

Sylent Nyte

    Remote Viewer

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Joined:21 May 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:07 AM

View PostMangoze, on 27 March 2011 - 08:54 PM, said:

No; it would not cause panic.

I'd like to pretty much echo the thoughts of Sakari and Paxus.  Furthermore, I think everyone distrusts governments anyway, and expects them to lie; so no surprise here either.

With regard to energy companies collapsing; whoever controls the "free energy generators" might sell energy to those companies who have infrastructure already in place.  This will then be on-sold to the consumer.  The consumer will still be paying just as much as they always have.

SOURCE

We have a problem here though, and that problem is "system integration." All of our (known) power units are mechanical in nature, and are highly inefficient convertors(even a high-tech F1 engine is only running about 29% thermal efficiency!) In vehicles, our drivetrains are focused on mechanical power; who knows how we will integrate, say, charged particle technology in order to drive an existing gearbox? In the end I believe economics will be a major factor in how disclosure is carried out, if there is anything to disclose, and if what is disclosed is not a spin(which it will most likely be in order to make a global governmental structure more palatable to the common man, even though such a structure is necessary, IMHO anyway, for the continued long-term survival of the human species.)

So, poor system integration = bad economic model. OR, that may be the very reason why the recieved or developed  "disruptive" technologies have not been disclosed as yet: so the poor Chinese copycats don't blow themselves up.

Edited by Sylent Nyte, 28 March 2011 - 03:08 AM.


#40    Mangoze

Mangoze

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:56 AM

View PostSylent Nyte, on 28 March 2011 - 03:07 AM, said:

We have a problem here though, and that problem is "system integration." All of our (known) power units are mechanical in nature, and are highly inefficient convertors(even a high-tech F1 engine is only running about 29% thermal efficiency!) In vehicles, our drivetrains are focused on mechanical power; who knows how we will integrate, say, charged particle technology in order to drive an existing gearbox? In the end I believe economics will be a major factor in how disclosure is carried out, if there is anything to disclose, and if what is disclosed is not a spin(which it will most likely be in order to make a global governmental structure more palatable to the common man, even though such a structure is necessary, IMHO anyway, for the continued long-term survival of the human species.)

So, poor system integration = bad economic model. OR, that may be the very reason why the recieved or developed  "disruptive" technologies have not been disclosed as yet: so the poor Chinese copycats don't blow themselves up.
I'm think ownership of generators will be restricted to energy companies as a form of industry assistance and propping up the economy.  If it costs to integrate this technology into the power grid, who will pay?  As always the consumer.

For this reason I imagine generators not being allowed in vehicles, unless it was highly regulated.  Everything will be geared towards making sure the consumer still has to pay.


#41    psyche101

psyche101

    Conspiracy Realist

  • Member
  • 31,114 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:15 AM

I do not understand why so many people think this would create such a global panic. It would be the story of the century for sure, but the banks will still want mortgages paid, deadlines will still have to be met.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#42    Alienated Being

Alienated Being

    Government Agent

  • Banned
  • 4,163 posts
  • Joined:03 Sep 2006

  • "The best way to predict the future is by inventing it."

    "Record

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:49 PM

Would disclosure cause panic and riots? Hardly. A good portion of the world already believes in ET visitation, so it would not contradict their beliefs, but rather support and validate them.

Edited by Alienated Being, 28 March 2011 - 05:49 PM.


#43    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 17,404 posts
  • Joined:15 Feb 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Planet TEXAS

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:25 AM

View PostAlienated Being, on 28 March 2011 - 05:49 PM, said:

Would disclosure cause panic and riots? Hardly. A good portion of the world already believes in ET visitation, so it would not contradict their beliefs, but rather support and validate them.

Absolutly ! THe Worlds markets Would Soar ! Stocks would rise,Peoples Belief in all the Possibilities would Rise!
And yes Ketchup would Sell out over night !
You get what Im saying !justDONTEATUS :innocent:

Attached Files


This is a Work in Progress!

#44    Sylent Nyte

Sylent Nyte

    Remote Viewer

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Joined:21 May 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:06 AM

View PostMangoze, on 28 March 2011 - 06:56 AM, said:

I'm think ownership of generators will be restricted to energy companies as a form of industry assistance and propping up the economy.  If it costs to integrate this technology into the power grid, who will pay?  As always the consumer.

For this reason I imagine generators not being allowed in vehicles, unless it was highly regulated.  Everything will be geared towards making sure the consumer still has to pay.

Well, of course we'll still have to fork it over if we want to be supplied with the necessities of a modern life. However it just occurred to me: what if the technology was actually so simple in practice, that it could become widespread with just a bit more effort on the part of the common man? THIS would represent a threat to the energy suppliers, and it would be a very good reason for such technologies to be kept under lock and key: to keep the wheels of economy turning.

If everyone can generate their own power with a bit more effort than just opening their wallet, then the "powers that be" would quickly become "the powers that were."

I think this is bad in the long run, because we really do, at this point in time, need to focus on being able to direct the planet's resources towards a particular goal. An every-man-for-himself scenario in terms of power generation would a huge step away from this accomplishment.


#45    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

    Commander in the Secret Space Fleet

  • Member
  • 24,471 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Sea of Okhotsk

  • Vampires are people too.

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:26 AM

View PostMangoze, on 28 March 2011 - 06:56 AM, said:

I'm think ownership of generators will be restricted to energy companies as a form of industry assistance and propping up the economy.  If it costs to integrate this technology into the power grid, who will pay?  As always the consumer.

For this reason I imagine generators not being allowed in vehicles, unless it was highly regulated.  Everything will be geared towards making sure the consumer still has to pay.
If they can power spacecraft with it, then I would hope that it was just in the hands of properly qualified people, frankly. Would having antimatter generators under the hood of every car be a good idea? I'm not altogether convinced that it would.
:-/

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.


Posted Image





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users