Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The danger of the ouija board

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16    Paranormalcy

Paranormalcy

Interterrestrial Being

• 5,626 posts

• "Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday."

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:28 AM

Oh not this fictitious regurgitated nonsense about Ouija boards being ancient artifacts again. Fuld is a hell of a salesman, for not being the one in charge of the board's marketing or production since 1966, or in fact, even alive now - now THAT is some damn good marketing.

Yes there were oracles and other methods for contacting the dead used by "mediums" and other mystics throughout history, and while there is a possibility Ouija might bear some passing resemblance if you stand on your head and close one eye, but to attempt to directly equate even the Ouija's prototype, Wagner's Psychograph, which WAS patented in 1854 to an "ancient method for contacting the dead" (both of which the Psychograph and Ouija were NOT designed or marketed as), is like saying the series of "Twilight" books has been around since the dawn of Man, only rearranged in various combinations, disguised as alphabets in different cultures.

| Ouija/Ideomotor | Sleep Paralys./Hypnogogia | Ouija: 252 hrs/4yrs

#17    mfluder

mfluder

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 02:08 AM

@ Paranormalcy- While it is true that the board, in it's present form, hasn't been around that long, forms of Sortilege or Cleromancy have existed for many millenia.   Bone casting, runes, pendulum magic, lots and lots of cultures used to rely on communication with their deity(s) or spirits for all kinds of reasons.  I do believe some of these "doorways", if you can classify them as such, can be very dangerous.  Better to be safe than sorry.

#18    theGhost_and_theDarkness

theGhost_and_theDarkness

Tsavo Maneater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

• Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live. - Norman Cousins

Posted 30 April 2011 - 04:08 AM

View PostContract Killer Romeo, on 01 April 2011 - 06:52 PM, said:

why is it always the super religious people who get possessed and "touched" by evil in some way? I personally think its because of their own paranoia that makes them more able for stuff like this to happen to them.

Thank you. I'm extremely skeptical of such things. I've been in houses that are supposedly possessed by evil spirits and done everything you're *not* supposed to do, and I've never once had anything happen to me. Not even a creepy feeling for goodness sake. I've played with ouija boards, taunted (quite brutally, I verbally b-slap when I get going), gone in places while I was in sensitive emotional states, and still nada.  

And I don't think its necessarily because I'm a non-believer. The whole reason I do it is because I would love to have some kind of proof that such things exist, and I can't think of any better personal evidence than getting thrown across a room by some unseen force (even if no one else me, it'd still be a heck of a personal revelation). . . But, sadly, after a little over a decade of such shenanigans, I haven't managed to get a single drop of evidence. Something could at least slap me or something, geez.

So, my conclusion stems from yours. Why do these things always seem to happen only to certain uber-religious people? I think its a type of religious paranoia, tbh. My dad was demon-paranoid while I was growing up, and I can see how a person in that mindset could create demonic experiences totally from their mind. The human mind is capable of a great many crazy things under normal (relatively speaking) circumstances, so I imagine a person with a certain way of thinking would have a mind capable of even crazier things.  :w00t:

"To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge." ~ Benjamin Disraeli

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users