Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Obama's $1 billion bid for 2012


  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16    ohio_traveler

ohio_traveler

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts
  • Joined:07 Feb 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:12 PM

View Postsvenshoegazer, on 05 April 2011 - 06:55 PM, said:

Oh forgot about Kucinich and his Hot Wife..is he running in 2012 though??

Not sure. I'm guessing that he probably will though.  

I don't share most of his positions on the issues ( Some though )

But I give the guy credit. He seems to stand up for what he believes in and holds to it.


#17    Wookietim

Wookietim

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 4,908 posts
  • Joined:16 Apr 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kirkland, WA

  • Search on the Android App Store for "Mothras Unexplained Mysteries" for the app I am very proud of...

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:18 PM

View Postclyde barrow, on 05 April 2011 - 07:12 PM, said:

Not sure. I'm guessing that he probably will though.  

I don't share most of his positions on the issues ( Some though )

But I give the guy credit. He seems to stand up for what he believes in and holds to it.

To be honest I don't think we will see too many other people running on the Democratic ticket this time other than Obama... It's the GOP field that is going to see people running. I think we can count Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, Mike Huckabee and Pawlenty tossing their hats in. I suspect that Palin might try the waters. I keep hearing about Thule running.

To be honest, Romney is the closest they have to a moderate and he really has no chance (The GOP will never nominate him because of one word : "Mormon"). Palin has no chance unless she get's her wish and splits the Tea Party off from the GOP and turns it into her own little political cult (It's obvious she wants that). Pawlenty and Thule are already marred by what the GOP has done since the last elections added with the fact that they don't have well enough recognized names. Huckabee... well, all that has to be done with him is remind people that this christian religious guy compared sick humans to wrecked cars and burned down houses (Things to be simply abandoned) and his hopes disappear... Ron paul... Let's face it, Ron Paul is a Tea Party type darling but has never and will never catch on with the mainstream US voter...


#18    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 30,295 posts
  • Joined:02 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Calgary Alberta Canada

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:19 PM

View Postsvenshoegazer, on 05 April 2011 - 06:52 PM, said:

I did agree with Obama on almost everything before Libya, he trully lost me there. And also how we are handling the Japanese Crisis as well..we are just standing back and watching (so it seems). So with Libya though the big question is...Are we there to kill one and save a million or make $ millions???

But I agree with you on what you say about the GOP, FOX and the Tea Parters.


Libya put Obama behind the eight ball and staying a bit back and letting others take the reigns was his best option. I'm a bit pissed that Canada got the job because now it the crap hit's the fan who gets the heat however it could also be good for all party's. Libya the US and Canada if this comes out as a true humanitarian mission to aid the over through of a dictator. With CIA on the ground though it may come back to hurt Obama.  It's a crap shoot imo.


As far as the GOP,Fox and the tea party goes, they are there own worst enemy.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.


The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#19    danielost

danielost

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 31,308 posts
  • Joined:26 Nov 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:the only known inhabited planet in the universe

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:40 PM

View Postsvenshoegazer, on 05 April 2011 - 05:31 PM, said:

This is like a big slap in the worlds face. A $1 billion slap and then some flaunting.. Don't get me wrong I voted for Obama in 08 and I am liberal as they come. But this campaign gold amount is uncalled for and just sickening to me. After Japan's Earthquake, the Tsunami and the potential nuclear disaster, the Middle East crisis, killing of UN Workers, US evolved in 3 wars he would be just a bit conservative on his 2012 bid. That money could so help out with other things then elect Obama as President or anyone else really. I think my vote is going to Ron Paul this year I really don't think he will flaunt $1 billion dollars just to be President of the US in the faces of need and dispair of the World and the US too.
we are talking about a job that pays 600,000 a year that means a max pay of 4.8 million.  does anyone see anything wrong with spending 500 million or more for that job.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#20    supervike

supervike

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 5,491 posts
  • Joined:16 May 2007
  • Gender:Male

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:56 PM

View Postdanielost, on 05 April 2011 - 08:40 PM, said:

we are talking about a job that pays 600,000 a year that means a max pay of 4.8 million.  does anyone see anything wrong with spending 500 million or more for that job.

I think it's only 400,000 for President, per year.  So a max of 3.2 million.

But yeah, the rationale is the same.


#21    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 30,295 posts
  • Joined:02 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Calgary Alberta Canada

Posted 05 April 2011 - 10:04 PM

View Postdanielost, on 05 April 2011 - 08:40 PM, said:

we are talking about a job that pays 600,000 a year that means a max pay of 4.8 million.  does anyone see anything wrong with spending 500 million or more for that job.


Not really when the president does not work for the people but the private sector. AKA the elite that control who dictates there will on the people.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.


The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#22    KRS_One

KRS_One

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 128 posts
  • Joined:22 Mar 2011

Posted 05 April 2011 - 10:58 PM

The argument that "We're spending money on X when it should be going to Y" is a logical fallacy.  
Just because a large sum of money is being spent on this item does not indicate that less money is instead going to Japan/whatever.

This is like making an argument that "A smart man shouldn't have become a scientist because he could have been a doctor and cured the sick instead!" or "Why do researchers waste time studying traffic paterns in large cities when they could be researching CANCER?!"

Because effort or resources are extended towards one goal does not equivocally mean they cannot be extended simultaneously towards another or even that they should.


#23    DieChecker

DieChecker

    I'm a Rogue Scholar

  • Member
  • 19,766 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portland, Oregon, USA

  • Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 06 April 2011 - 12:30 AM

View PostWookietim, on 05 April 2011 - 07:18 PM, said:

To be honest I don't think we will see too many other people running on the Democratic ticket this time other than Obama... It's the GOP field that is going to see people running. I think we can count Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, Mike Huckabee and Pawlenty tossing their hats in. I suspect that Palin might try the waters. I keep hearing about Thule running.

To be honest, Romney is the closest they have to a moderate and he really has no chance (The GOP will never nominate him because of one word : "Mormon"). Palin has no chance unless she get's her wish and splits the Tea Party off from the GOP and turns it into her own little political cult (It's obvious she wants that). Pawlenty and Thule are already marred by what the GOP has done since the last elections added with the fact that they don't have well enough recognized names. Huckabee... well, all that has to be done with him is remind people that this christian religious guy compared sick humans to wrecked cars and burned down houses (Things to be simply abandoned) and his hopes disappear... Ron paul... Let's face it, Ron Paul is a Tea Party type darling but has never and will never catch on with the mainstream US voter...
That is right. Un-electable. Just like Obama after the "Clinging to their Guns and Religion' Speech. Un-electable.

Name recognition is not so important as a clean record. Who had heard of Barak Obama in 2006? A handful of senior Democrats is all.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users