Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The "Ming Pao" Alien

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1    Sightings

Sightings

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 January 2003 - 02:56 PM

The head and upper torso of the "Ming Pao Alien", from a series
of pictures that were published in the Hong Kong newspaper, "Ming Pao News"
in 1995.

user posted image

It was originally claimed that the pictures were evidence of a UFO crash in China in 1977. It is now believed that they are fake. The pictures allegedly changed hands for the sum of $200,000.                                                

#2    Sightings

Sightings

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 January 2003 - 02:57 PM

The legs and lower body of the "Ming Pao Alien".

user posted image                                                

#3    Sightings

Sightings

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 January 2003 - 02:58 PM

A complete photograph of the "Ming Pao Alien"

user posted image                                                

#4    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 01:57 PM

to be honest i think this is a picture of one of the waxwork aliens in the Roswell crash museum.                                                

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#5    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,032 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 23 January 2003 - 02:19 PM

Al,

I think I've seen the images your referring to, they are very similar to the "Ming Pao" images, but I don't think they are the same set.

The Ming Pao pictures were fabricated solely for the purpose of deception, in the first image there seems to be a doctor or some other medical practicioner to the right of the table, possibly to make it look as though the "alien" had been examined.

There is a set of 2 or 3 alien images of a waxwork model at the Roswell museum, but I don't think it's these.                                                

#6    Test_Bear

Test_Bear

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 11:51 PM

From my own experience, the head doctor is often photographed with his project (when project photos are done.) This adds a reference both for the project and who was the head. . .

Of course the doctor's head has been cut off, which eliminates identification. That would be a paticularly clever move on the part of the hoaxers... to add that small detail, but to cut out any identification.                                                

"If I laugh at any human thing 'tis so I do not weep."     -Lord Byron

#7    Guest_jb_*

Guest_jb_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2003 - 04:57 PM

So often faked photos of aliens are circulated out to tabloid newspapers and rarely a well made " model" of an alien is actually created. The really good ones take money and time. Who knows which ones are real. I've heard that occassionally a photo of a real alien is thrown out there as this is reputed to be the less-shocking process of gradual acclimation of the masses to the truth. From what I've read about abductions and encounters, these particular photos show a grey that is anatomically close to the descriptions given. The arm length and neck size seem correct. The aluminum looking gloves on the doctor seem like this is what would be worn in examining something potentially toxic. For fun if anything else I am going to accept that if this isn't real,it is very, very close to what one actually looks like.                                                

#8    Guest_???_*

Guest_???_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2003 - 05:29 AM

I know for a fact that alien is fake. Look at the eyes. Greys don't have eye lids.                                                

#9    crosis

crosis

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 04 February 2003 - 11:41 AM

And you know thats because ?................. abduct.gif

biggrin.gif

Bristol society for paranormal research and investigations      Click here

#10    Halo_Jones

Halo_Jones

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts

• Thanks to Universal Absurdity and The Barman for my new Groovy Dynamite Diva.....See UA & thebarman's Animated Avatar Workshop

Posted 04 February 2003 - 04:02 PM

...he's obviously an Alien. rolleyes.gif                                                

#11    Kira

Kira

Government Agent

• 4,183 posts

• Sexiest,
    Prettiest,
    Bloodthirstiest,
    Elf Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Thanks TO xx

Posted 04 February 2003 - 04:59 PM

biggrin.gif  excl.gif Ah that would explain it then........... smile.gif                                                

We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.

#12    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 04 February 2003 - 06:35 PM

i think everyone has such high standards for an alien photo/video.  i mean, do you really know what an alien would look like?  based on what?  odds are that if we saw the real thing, most people would still call it a fake.  people just don't want to believe it, even if it is real.                                                

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#13    Guest_SEAN_*

Guest_SEAN_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2003 - 12:39 PM

mad.gif   FAKE.                                                

#14    FreyKade

FreyKade

Psychic Spy

• 1,416 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 05:37 PM

how do u know that grays dont have eylids                                                

"isn't that intresting Dave, i mean every step you take down that chain, takes you one step further from your imagination"

i said
"you're right! youre a bit of a hippy, but you're right"
- Dave Gorman

"Wanna buy some pegs Dave?"
"I got some pegs belonging to you"
- Papa Lazarou

#15    psychicx

psychicx

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

• i believe

Posted 23 February 2003 - 07:45 PM

gee.. i wish someone would come up with a real pic of an alien.. someday there will be a geniuine picture and no one will believe it either..                                                  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users