Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Sightings from Skeptics

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#46    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 11 June 2011 - 03:09 PM

View PostSakari, on 08 April 2011 - 03:23 AM, said:

I will start , and I have 3 I will share ( I have 5 total, but this is good enough for now )

1. Lake Almanore 2003ish -

Myself, brother in Law, and wife outside on the deck at night.My brother in law a huge plane buff, and pilot.Dude can name every plane that flies by.We both see a very bright white triangular shaped light in the western sky.It was moving pretty fast, took about 45 seconds to make it across the horizon west to east.He said it looked very high in altitude, and we were both saying " WTF ".The only way I can describe it is if you held your thumb up, it was the size of your thumbnail, and seemed the same altitude as satelites that we see all the time.My wife was no help, she had been drinking and just gave us crap about it.

2. Sparks,Nevada 1995 -
My son and daughter ran into the house at around 2 PM, Summer sunny day.They were both freaking out about flying saucers.I went outside and made them go also to show me.They pointed up and said " they are almost gone".I could see 3 silver metalic very,very,small ball shaped objects at a very high altitude.They seemed to move around each other in a very fast pace, and not in a constant motion.I could only see them for about 15 seconds.

3. Port Orford , Oregon - 2009

Out on the dock in the restaurant.Myself, wife, best friend, and his wife.We were the only people in there, it was close to closing.Wooden chairs and tables and floor.This is a dry dock, not a floating dock.A loud sound ( same as farting in a wooden or plastic chair ) came out, and yes, this is normal with my friends.I said " damn Kevin, good one", he said " wasn't me, that bottle on that table just moved".
It happened again, I was not in position to see it, my wife,his wife,and him saw it move both times.
It moved out from in between the salt and pepper shakers.
Me being me went and looked at everything.I slid the bottle also myself, and it did make that sound, had a sort of grooved bottom.
This one to this day I have no answer for.They are convinced it was a "Ghost " , and kept on with Dinner, no biggie to them.

Ok ..they are no longer skeptics

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#47    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,982 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 11 June 2011 - 04:47 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 11 June 2011 - 03:09 PM, said:

Ok ..they are no longer skeptics

Who are " they " ?

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#48    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,982 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 11 June 2011 - 04:50 PM

View PostErix, on 11 June 2011 - 09:41 AM, said:

if you seen them, do you still consider yourself a skeptic?

I don't know what " them " are that you are referring to, I call " them " strange experiences is all.

Well, I listed 3 " experiences", and I have no answer to them.Does this make me not a " skeptic"?

I would say if any of those sightings made me come to a conclusion that they were Alien craft, and Ghosts, I guess I would not be anymore.

I did not come to that conclusion, I just witnessed a few things I have no solid answer for, so yes, I am still a Skeptic.

Edited by Sakari, 11 June 2011 - 04:55 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#49    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:37 PM

View PostSakari, on 11 June 2011 - 04:47 PM, said:

Who are " they " ?

Shot in the dark - Believers in what they experience and see??

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#50    farandaway

farandaway

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

• I know the voices aren't real...but they have some pretty good ideas!

Posted 11 June 2011 - 06:30 PM

Okay I'm a skeptical believer, and yes, there is too much fakery in this world.

I have had a couple of UFO sightings that I believe are real.  ( I cannot explain them by conventional means.)  This said I'd like to share another 'UFO' experience I had.

I was  living in Medford, Oregon at the time.  I was at work, outside having a smoke, alone.  The place where I was working was off of a very busy highway in the area,  but  it being Oregon, there was whole lot of nothing around.  Looking to the east I noticed an oddly shaped white, flying object, moving erratically.  It would go up, come down, move sideways--all in a jerky motion, then it seemed to soar upwards slowly.  I hurried inside to my desk to retrieve my glasses, then hurried back outside to see if I could see it more clearly.

Needless to say, I'm glad I did not alert anyone else to my 'UFO' sighting.  What I had been watching, was a white shopping bag soaring on the thermals, and moving with the current of the traffic flow on Crater Lake Highway.   LOL

And all dead years draw thither, and all disastrous things...  
The Garden of Proserpine by Algernon Charles Swinburne

#51    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 06:54 PM

Great sighting farandaway.  Do you recall any emotions you had at the time?  Were you excited, thrilled, exhilarated, etc...?

#52    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,414 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:29 PM

View Postfarandaway, on 11 June 2011 - 06:30 PM, said:

Okay I'm a skeptical believer, and yes, there is too much fakery in this world.

I have had a couple of UFO sightings that I believe are real.  ( I cannot explain them by conventional means.)  This said I'd like to share another 'UFO' experience I had.

I was  living in Medford, Oregon at the time.  I was at work, outside having a smoke, alone.  The place where I was working was off of a very busy highway in the area,  but  it being Oregon, there was whole lot of nothing around.  Looking to the east I noticed an oddly shaped white, flying object, moving erratically.  It would go up, come down, move sideways--all in a jerky motion, then it seemed to soar upwards slowly.  I hurried inside to my desk to retrieve my glasses, then hurried back outside to see if I could see it more clearly.

Needless to say, I'm glad I did not alert anyone else to my 'UFO' sighting.  What I had been watching, was a white shopping bag soaring on the thermals, and moving with the current of the traffic flow on Crater Lake Highway.   LOL

I've actually seen exactly the same thing when I was in AZ recently. My first thought was just 'what is that?'. As I kept watching I was wishing I had my camera with me, it has an optical zoom feature so maybe I could see some details. I finally figured it out as I saw a second object blowing around but this one was closer so I could tell it was a plastic bag. I don't know if it counts as a 'sighting' as not once did I think what I was seeing was an alien craft.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#53    kyros

kyros

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

• "Its bad when one thing becomes two"

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:17 AM

I think I would fall under the skeptic category, I try not to jump to conclusions and go towards the most logical explanation for experiences of this manner. But if  theres no logical explanation does it automatically make it paranormal or what have you, agian we always dont have all the facts thats where our intuition comes into play. So here are my experiences which I dont consider paranormal just unexplained.

1. ufo sighting witness from backyard. Redish disk shape 1/2-1mile away I was in 6th grade my younger brother and sister also witnessed it.

2. Image of virgin mary holding a baby burnt on a tortilla I was in 8th grade. witness also by my brother in law and older sister who are not catholics.

3. I was half alseep and heard a womens voice saying god is ready for me felt weightlessness decided not to go and woke up numb.

Lol those those are just afew, another thing i consider myself to be a catholic or i was raised one.

#54    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:29 AM

When I lived in England the converted WW2 hangar I worked in was/is a community center.  It was supposedly haunted.  I used to hear sounds everytime I was in the bathroom alone (and I was there alone a lot).  One time (I was the only person with a set of keys to the center and it was in walking distance from my house) I closed up for the night and my son and daughter were with me.  My son left a book on the counter and when we came in the next day the book was at the opposite end of the counter.  Last thing, I walked by and glanced up and swore that as I passed the main door I saw a soldier standing near the pool tables.  By the time I turned around he was gone.  My ex who was in front of me and in civilian clothes and myself were the only people there and leaving for the night.

I have  my own rationalizations for every thing that happened.  I worked in that place alone for a long time and for long nights and if something was there I feel like I would have seen something more.  I used to bring my black lab Sagan because I'd get so spooked.  HIs main interest was sniffing the candy bars.

#55    Old Man Waffles

Old Man Waffles

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:30 PM

arenee----------------------

i think you should REALLY set up a camera, at least in your sons room. because who knows? perhaps you have a weird man living with you in your house? or maybe hes an invisable hobo. :/

molly-anne

#56    arenee

arenee

Psychic Spy

• 1,594 posts

• I wish I was more witty; then this might say something funny.

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:02 PM

View PostInsightful Waffles, on 01 May 2012 - 04:30 PM, said:

arenee----------------------

i think you should REALLY set up a camera, at least in your sons room. because who knows? perhaps you have a weird man living with you in your house? or maybe hes an invisable hobo. :/

molly-anne
I actually had the local ghost hunters come in. Their medium went through the apartment and talked about the feelings she was getting. Some of which I had not previously discussed with her. We attempted to get the team in but I went into labor with my daughter the day before we were supposed to set up. I moved out shortly thereafter due to my lease being up and some other personal issues. My son is no longer afraid of his bed though and he and my daughter sleep fine through the night. I oftentimes wonder what we'd have found if anything. I'm in the same complex but different apt.

"A valuable contributor to UM! Always enjoy her clever and often original outlook. - Paxus"

#57    Cybele

Cybele

Married to the Void

• 1,432 posts

• Prick your finger it is done
    The moon has now eclipsed the sun
    The angel has spread its wings
    The time has come for bitter things

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:03 AM

I wasn't the one who necroed this thread, so why not?

I've briefly described this several times elsewhere, but when I was in my junior year of college I started "seeing" things. I would see black shadows and white orbs darting around out of the corner of my eye. One day I was lying in bed in my dorm room with my arm dangling over the side of the bed. I felt as if something had touched my hand, so I looked up. There was a whitish, vaguely human-shaped apparition that appeared to be only about 5 feet tall. It walked towards my door before vanishing in maybe less than 5 seconds.

Anyway, I kind of chalk all that up to some sort of transient psychosis I was going through at the time, as I was also fairly isolated and depressed.

Edited by Cybele, 02 May 2012 - 01:04 AM.

My sig: "Cryptorchid", Marilyn Manson

#58    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,982 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:02 PM

View PostCybele, on 02 May 2012 - 01:03 AM, said:

I wasn't the one who necroed this thread, so why not?

I've briefly described this several times elsewhere, but when I was in my junior year of college I started "seeing" things. I would see black shadows and white orbs darting around out of the corner of my eye. One day I was lying in bed in my dorm room with my arm dangling over the side of the bed. I felt as if something had touched my hand, so I looked up. There was a whitish, vaguely human-shaped apparition that appeared to be only about 5 feet tall. It walked towards my door before vanishing in maybe less than 5 seconds.

Anyway, I kind of chalk all that up to some sort of transient psychosis I was going through at the time, as I was also fairly isolated and depressed.

:tu:

Hope you are better now...

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#59    Zarifa

Zarifa

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:49 PM

I've had UFO experiences my entire life. Most were unmistakably anomalous in nature, and generally witnessed in the company of others. I don't even include those that might be a case of mistaken identity, or representing an earthborn technology. I've also had many paranormal experiences. I can't make proclamations about the exact nature of these experiences, only offer my own theories, because they represent something that eludes out understanding of consciouness at large, and are most likely connected. Having these experiences means that one is subject to the stigma they carry, which is born out of the resistance to the unknown, and the fear it generates. Yet over time, with repetition, fear is overcome by the recognition of ongoing safety. And the absense of fear makes one more receptive to the experiences. So a certain skepticism remains in trying to define these anomalies, because as soon as I make assumptions about their nature, I am presented with other evidence that cause me to rethink them. I do know that things are not always as they may seem, and our greatest stumbling block is fear, and the inhumanity and intolerance that it inspires.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users