Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

NASA's primary North American facilities -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

#16    Esoteric Toad

Esoteric Toad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

• Where does one get certified as an "Ancient Astronaut Theorist" or "Cryptozoologist"?

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:52 AM

View Postdekker87, on 14 April 2011 - 10:13 AM, said:

perhaps something is goin on within NASA that is attracting hurricaines?
Somewhere on www.nhc.noaa.gov there are maps that show the historical tracks of hurricanes. Florida, the gulf coast and virtually all of the east coast of the US are within the track of hurricanes. They form in the Carribean, the Gulf of Mexico or off the coast of Africa and track to the west and usually curve North at some point along that path. It is extremely unlikely that a year goes by that one of these locations (and that covers a lot of area) is not hit by a hurricane.

This premise is just pure silliness. Hurricanes happen and they hit general areas and affect wide swaths of land. I forgot to mention in my earlier post that NONE of the hurricanes since 2004 (and before that I can recall and I have lived in the area for the last 39 years) hit where I live or KSC directly (as in the center of the storm passes directly overhead).

Edited by Esoteric Toad, 15 April 2011 - 12:53 AM.

#17    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,773 posts

• ראה

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:33 AM

The rough odds of hurricane landfall in any particular area on a year over year basis is known to science, just as are the odds of an earthquake happening in certain high risk areas. These calculations are based upon a number of data, not the least of which is sedimentary soil sampling.  

The odds also increase if the person making that forecast, has a track record of being able to forecast hurricanes and earthquakes, because they become interconnected to that person, requiring multiplication ... not addition.  It's a rule of statistics, and although I admit I'm not a statistics major, I have read a considerable amount on the subject for this purpose.

You won't find any meteorologists who will claim they can forecast the lowest pressured storm in the Atlantic for a hurricane season, AND/OR the costliest strike on the U.S. mainland, but that's what happened in 2007, and they weren't the same storm. How is it possible that same person who drew those maps of Cape Canaveral and Houston before NASA was hit in 2008, also predicted publicly what would happen the year before? Those are pretty long odds, and if you doubt my argument, just ask any meteorologist what he thinks about it, or if he would dare try that kind of forecast.

Below is one of those arguments I made afterward here, and which explains generally what happened in 2007. It's worth your time to study it carefully.

[2007 Atlantic Hurricane Season ... results]

View PostRaptor Witness, on 08 April 2008 - 08:08 PM, said:

Every year, these so called "hurricane experts" get together to hob nob and pat each other on the back, for their brilliant predictions.  They call it the ["National Hurricane Conference."]  Here's the ["official" site,] for what it's worth, as they're already gearing up for next years, big blow.

This is an open letter to these mirage makers, who are laughable in my opinion.

What if, instead of someone telling us the number of hurricanes that might occur, we were told beforehand, which storms:

1)  Would be strongest in terms of lowest pressure in the Atlantic.  That would be Dean for 2007.

AND

2)  Would be the costliest in terms of damage to the U.S.  That would be Humberto for 2007.

What if somebody could do that?  Wouldn't that be more valuable than these,
what if's?

If you want to see how it's done, just look for yourself.  This isn't a
joke. This is really lucky.

[The 2007 Hurricane Contest]

[The Prediction]

Considering the motivation for the prediction, pretty amazing, huh?  After all, how many [space shuttles]
are chased down from the sky, by a hurricane?

Please invite me next year, because I have a message that is much more important than you'll ever hear from any of your usual speakers, and it will be far more accurate.

I'll be looking forward to your invitation.

RW

As it turned out, my forecast for the 2008 Atlantic Hurricane Season would indeed ... "be far more accurate."

Edited by Raptor Witness, 15 April 2011 - 07:45 AM.

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#18    Czero 101

Czero 101

Earthshattering Kaboom

• 5,363 posts

• We are all made of thermonuclear waste material

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:40 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 13 April 2011 - 06:10 PM, said:

View PostRaptor Witness, on 13 April 2011 - 06:06 PM, said:

Common sense should tell you the odds are very much against this happening.

Common sense tells me a lot of things about this thread actually...  but something tells me that you wouldn't agree.

Oh well, have fun.

Hey booNy...

Isn't it interesting that the ones who most frequently drop the "Its common sense" card in these types of discussions are the ones who seem to be the most devoid of it?  ;)

Cz

Edited by Czero 101, 15 April 2011 - 07:40 AM.

"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe..." - Carl Sagan
"I'm tired of ignorance held up as inspiration, where vicious anti-intellectualism is considered a positive trait, and where uninformed opinion is displayed as fact." - Phil Plait
"For it is the natural tendency of the ignorant to believe what is not true. In order to overcome that tendency it is not sufficient to exhibit the true; it is also necessary to expose and denounce the false." - H. L. Mencken

#19    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 20,530 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:51 AM

Czero, Boo, tone it down.  

Raptor, since you obviously didn't get the hints before, no one can make heads or tales of the nonsense you put up.  Posting it again isn't going to change that.

#20    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,773 posts

• ראה

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:10 AM

View Postaquatus1, on 15 April 2011 - 07:51 AM, said:

Czero, Boo, tone it down.  

Raptor, since you obviously didn't get the hints before, no one can make heads or tales of the nonsense you put up.  Posting it again isn't going to change that.
Why don't you try debating the odds, instead? Calling it "nonsense" is easy. Doing the calculating will require some brainpower.  :yes:

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#21    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

A bit dull

• 26,439 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:16 AM

What exactly is your theory, though? That "Someone" deliberately sabotaged NASA through mnipulation of the weather? And (I presume, since this is in this section) that the "Someone" were ETs? But you said up there somewhere that the effects of the hurricanes affected places as far away as Iowa, or Idaho, or somewhere like that. So how on earth can you assume that They were specifially targetting NASA? And if they were, couldn't They have used something a bit more precise?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#22    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 20,530 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:37 AM

View PostRaptor Witness, on 15 April 2011 - 08:10 AM, said:

Why don't you try debating the odds, instead? Calling it "nonsense" is easy. Doing the calculating will require some brainpower.  :yes:

What part of "no one can make heads or tales of the nonsense you put up" aren't you getting?  You can't calculate something that doesn't have a cause, effect, or motive.

#23    Wyrdlight

Wyrdlight

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:25 PM

If you build your NASA sites in a part of the world that is wracked by massive tropical storms.

Then yes, I would exoect them to be hit by storms.

Its like saying "I stood in front a of a train and it hit me, therefore a malignant power is guiding the train and is out to get me!!!"

lol.

#24    Legaia

Legaia

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

• "I have grown quite fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

-Sir Winston Churchill

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:44 PM

View PostWyrdlight, on 15 April 2011 - 03:25 PM, said:

If you build your NASA sites in a part of the world that is wracked by massive tropical storms.

Its like saying "I stood in front a of a train and it hit me, therefore a malignant power is guiding the train and is out to get me!!!"

lol.

Yeah good point, it can get a bit ridiculous how people feel the need to find patterns and reasons and whatnot with completely natural events. A perfect example, I've heard some pretty radical conspiracies with the constant Japan quakes over the past few years (2012 doom and gloom, gravitational pull from incoming Nibiru, etc...).. The fact is its just one of the most geologically active areas on the planet! It can get irritating and I feel its disrespectful to the victims of these catastrophies...

#25    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,477 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:50 PM

Dont you just love a thread that has all the Legs of a ? Hum ? I`ll have to get back to this one in a few hundred years after the data is crunched!

This is a Work in Progress!

#26    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

A bit dull

• 26,439 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:22 PM

View PostWyrdlight, on 15 April 2011 - 03:25 PM, said:

lol.
the reason that they're in the south is I think because it's nearer the equator, so they get a sort of gravitaitonal spin, I believe, but yes, it's rather like saying that the Japanese earthquake is proof of a conspiracy. No, it's proof that it's an area that's prone to tectonic activity.  :unsure2:

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

#27    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,773 posts

• ראה

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:00 PM

Oh I think there's a cause all right, and the odds of NASA being hit three times in 3 years are calculable.

To argue that it isn't knowable is the real nonsense. I've already done my homework on this issue, and talked with people on statistics forums. It's not that hard to do the basic math, and I will do it, as soon as I get a little free time.

Why don't you find someone else to stalk on here, or at least remind everyone that you clearly have a personal axe to grind on this issue? You're obviously retired Air Force, correct?

View Postaquatus1, on 09 February 2011 - 02:14 AM, said:

Heck, I had a Top Secret clearance just because I was the Aviation Maintenance Officer and needed one to get on the flightline.

**My apologies.  I meant to reply to this post and accidentally edited it instead.**

Edited by aquatus1, 16 April 2011 - 01:45 PM.

#28    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

A bit dull

• 26,439 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:15 PM

View PostRaptor Witness, on 15 April 2011 - 06:00 PM, said:

Oh I think there's a cause all right, and the odds of NASA being hit three times in 3 years are calculable. To argue that it isn't knowable is the real nonsense. I've already done my homework on this issue, and talked with people on statistics forums. It's not that hard to do the basic math, and I will do it, as soon as I get a little free time.

Why don't you find someone else to stalk on here, or at least remind everyone that you clearly have a personal axe to grind on this issue? You're obviously retired Air Force, correct?
heavens, if you want someone ex-Air force with personal axes to grind, I think we could all point you in the direction of someone who fits that bill to a T....

Could you answer the question I've asked at least twice now? What exactly is your hypothesis? Is it that ETs were responsible? And how can you say that thsi was targeted specifically at NASA, if it had an impact over such a wide area? Why not just do something to specifically disable Kennedy Space Center and not bother people in Iowa, if their beef was just with NASA?

H. P. Lovecraft.

#29    zenfahr

zenfahr

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts
  • Location:Center of my universe.... which is located in a bunker in New Mexico.

• "The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn from the Crow"
    -Nobody

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:46 PM

Im Comfused.... why do aliens hate NASA?  That is what you are getting at right?

.....Im NOT here.....

My Art Gallery

#30    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,773 posts

• ראה

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:05 PM

View Post747400, on 15 April 2011 - 06:15 PM, said:

heavens, if you want someone ex-Air force with personal axes to grind, I think we could all point you in the direction of someone who fits that bill to a T....

Could you answer the question I've asked at least twice now? What exactly is your hypothesis? Is it that ETs were responsible? And how can you say that thsi was targeted specifically at NASA, if it had an impact over such a wide area? Why not just do something to specifically disable Kennedy Space Center and not bother people in Iowa, if their beef was just with NASA?
I've started with the basic question of why three direct hits in three years, and the map clearly showing the target area in post #3 for 2008. Of course wider areas were affected, but NASA was the SPECIFIC target, as indicated.

I'm not sure if ET's as we think of them are responsible, but I believe something beyond human power, may be.

This curious inverted triangle has appeared before, associated with rare weather events, and as a directional guide for where rare windstorm events will soon take place.  Here's another similar example that was presented here, and which is very interesting. There are two dated sources for the forecast, that includes the image host.

The same general theme keeps repeating, over and over.  The inverted triangle is the symbol for cyclonic winds in meteorology, but it's also a general symbol for caution or be careful. It conveys information to the mind's eye. So to point to a specific building .... the only one in America that I'm aware of with this symbol engineered on it, is fascinating, especially considering that this was the only tornado ever recorded in downtown Atlanta, and it disrupted a basketball tournament being held .... DOWNTOWN.  

What is drawn on the building, underneath the yellow inverted triangle? So in essence, it could be argued both the what(ETVS) and the when are presented here.  The what is an ETVS, and the when ... is captured forever in that video below. The yellow inverted triangle is used in meteorology to signify an [ETVS - Elevated Tornado Vortex Signature.]

This curious inverted triangle has appeared before other disasters, including the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, only two weeks before that occurred, and the item drawn in red ... is something in the Gulf Stream.

You can always argue that these are coincidences, but certain common elements .... keep repeating.

Some of our best documented ET events involve nuclear facilities. So perhaps these are helpful warnings, as opposed to an axe to grind?

View PostRaptor Witness, on 29 August 2010 - 09:44 PM, said:

Not a prediction?   Perhaps you are unfamiliar with my work.  

In meteorology, the inverted triangle is the symbol for [cyclonic winds.]

Here's an example.  On November 20, 2007, I posted the top photograph, as part of a "cryptic" prediction and warning. I added the four red balls.

Note: Click images for source ...

The Forecast

Posted Image

Within four months, the first tornado ever to hit downtown Atlanta in that city's history, damaged the very building I highlighted, passing in front of the very side I displayed.
At that exact time, the NCAA basketball playoffs were being held, and because of the resulting damage to the nearby arena, the four remaining finalists had to move to a new venue.

The reason for "cryptic" predictions, is so that the historic time-line cannot be changed or influenced by men.

The Results four months later

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

View PostRaptor Witness, on 15 December 2010 - 09:17 PM, said:

You may be correct.  I see a state emerging with only one card to play .... its nuclear arsenal, similar to what we saw before the break-up of the Soviet Union.

On the other hand, the rest of the cards; some of which are still unseen, are becoming available to my intuition.

The pictogram below, which is written in Latin was published only two weeks before the worst environmental catastrophe in U.S. history, under the Title Thread: "If someone like Nostradamus appeared today." This photo is also referenced and dated on Yahoo, just click on the image. What it says, I'll leave to your research, should you dare to translate it ...  :unsure2:

Posted Image

[Published April 5, 2010]

Aerial photo of the surface of the Gulf of Mexico, shortly following the oil spill

Posted Image

Edited by Raptor Witness, 15 April 2011 - 09:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users