Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Philippine Priest in battle with demons

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#46    brainiac

brainiac

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:59 AM

If really this is only a tactic of the church so they can gather more believers then why there are only a few of them. What I know there are many catholics who converts to other religions like non sectarian, born again, and many others. And many of these so called groups train personnel to teach and gather people, they are good salesmen and there are plenty of them. While catholic priest they will not force you, they allow, if you think you can be a good person by joining other religions then go. as long as these religion is also a believer of god. But of course they want to know that in some way you have defended your former religion. Well that is what I know.

#47    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:19 AM

View Postbrainiac, on 16 April 2011 - 08:59 AM, said:

If really this is only a tactic of the church so they can gather more believers then why there are only a few of them. .
Only a few?

BranchNumber of Adherents

Catholic 1,050,000,000
Orthodox/Eastern Christian  240,000,000
African indigenous sects (AICs)110,000,000
Pentecostal105,000,000
Reformed/Presbyterian/Congregational/United 75,000,000
Anglican73,000,000
Baptist70,000,000
Methodist70,000,000
Lutheran64,000,000
Jehovah's Witnesses14,800,000
Adventist12,000,000
Latter Day Saints12,500,000
Apostolic/New Apostolic10,000,000
Stone-Campbell ("Restoration Movement")5,400,000
New Thought (Unity, Christian Science, etc.)1,500,000
Brethren (incl. Plymouth)1,500,000Mennonite1,250,000
Friends (Quakers)300,000

http://www.adherents...h_branches.html

A bit more than just a few eh?

I have never in my entire life seen any evidence for a demon... I have seen a lot of mental people.. but no real demons...

Read this... A priest makes 3million preforming fake exorcisms...

A senior priest in Florence is under investigation for fraud after allegedly amassing £3 million by performing fake exorcisms. Prosecutors said that Father Francesco Saverio Bazzoffi would "stage shows" at the House of the Sainted Archangels, an organisation he founded. During the events, which regularly attracted crowds of over 400 people, a number of associates would "pretend to be possessed by demons" and Fr Bazzoffi would allegedly exorcise them using ancient and obscure rites. He would then offer to "heal" members of the audience who were sick, and solicit donations to his organisation.

One witness told police: "During Mass, the priest spoke in Aramaic, and strange things happened. I do not know if it was group hysteria or our suggestibility, but I remember one old woman screaming in a man's voice while five big guys held her down." Prosecutors, who have also put 13 of his associates under investigation, started monitoring Fr Bazzoffi in 2005. His house was raided last month, and several documents were seized that showed the priest had £3 million in his bank account. He denied that he had ever "encouraged" sick people to believe he could heal them. "These accusations would make me laugh, if it was not such a serious thing."

He added: "The House of the Sainted Archangels is not a registered business and does not have a bank account. So I opened one in my own name.
http://www.dvorak.or...fake-exorcisms/

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 16 April 2011 - 09:20 AM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#48    brainiac

brainiac

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:54 AM

There are about 10 Filipino priests authorised to perform exorcisms in the Philippines, but only Syquia has a fully operational office that is backed by a staff of eight, including a lawyer and psychologists.

Philippine population is about 90 million. Have u read the article oh my" relax save your breath.

#49    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:29 PM

View Postbrainiac, on 16 April 2011 - 11:54 AM, said:

There are about 10 Filipino priests authorised to perform exorcisms in the Philippines, but only Syquia has a fully operational office that is backed by a staff of eight, including a lawyer and psychologists.

Philippine population is about 90 million. Have u read the article oh my" relax save your breath.

:rolleyes:  No self respecting lawyer or MD would back anything linked to demons... unless they were religious and swallowed that clap trap easy

No wait.. its a lawyer.. anyhting for money...and I mean any old clap trap will do

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 16 April 2011 - 12:34 PM.

#50    markprice

markprice

Government Agent

• 3,521 posts

• To deny meaning is an act of ignorance.

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:19 AM

View Postwilatabz, on 16 April 2011 - 04:39 AM, said:

actually people in philippines still strongly believe in the supernatural and nature spirits it goes beyond the Spanish era, up untilnow,if people are wondering why the belief is still strong its because filipinos are not strict Catholics, the Filipino Catholicism is open and welcomes the notion of other beings
someone told me that these nature spirits,good or bad are still alive because people still believe in them, the main key to their existence, possessions in the country are not necessarily made by demons,it could have been because of elves,or dwarves.

What about gnomes? I think they are mineral elementals? I had an odd dream where a gnome grabbed my wrist; he was sort of like The Thing from the Fantastic Four (made of rock). His big hand made of stone had a hell of a grip! Turns out he did not want me going to a certain area, and then basically I couldn't go there for several years.

"How can someone prove that a rainbow exists to a blind man?"

#51    keven3

keven3

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:59 PM

Stevefork,

Your point is well taken. I can see why you have an issue with these types of situations. I know that what you say about how people's perceptions get in the way of what did and should happen. That I can't disagree with you on. My experience(s) are different in that I actually saw someone close to me, delivered of many evil spirits. He had nothing wrong, no delusions, no strange stuff other than the demons, so it was a clear-cut case. In the past I saw a variety of healings occur, not necessarily of possessions, but nevertheless spiritual healings. My experiences do not negate yours though. I know people abuse spiritual gifts all the time. Nevertheless, a trained priest should do his job, and that includes helping people to be rid of unwanted demons.

Keven

#52    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:50 AM

View Postkeven3, on 21 April 2011 - 11:59 PM, said:

Nevertheless, a trained priest should do his job,

And call for a doctor to help the people out...just incase they are suffering from something only  doctor can aid

#53    TIYX

TIYX

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:08 PM

Man the Philippines seem to still be heavily rooted in superstitious mumbo jumbo dont they.

Edited by TIYX, 24 August 2011 - 08:08 PM.

#54    Opinionist

Opinionist

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

• "Man invented everything, except invention itself."

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:27 AM

Im a filipino,and,yes, superstitious belief is still abundant in here.I hate how people easily point out something as "somethings" activity or somewhat like that, because it becomes jokish. I prefer Open-mindedness rather than Superstition.

#55    Apopo

Apopo

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 125 posts

• "Blind faith is an ironic gift to return to the Creator of human intelligence."

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:13 AM

Articles like these makes me want to act possessed. Then then the Catholic Church comes and say funny prayers, I will go "All hail Satan!" and they can't do anything about it.
But I would probably go to the asylum -.-

"A fool sees not the same tree that a wise man sees"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users