Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Indiana Bigfoot #2

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16    neen

neen

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 03:18 AM

I believe i saw the backend of one of these felines that you mention sageghost on my fathers block in central queensland.It definately was not a dog it was black and had a long feline tail and was quite big it was jumping over a log but the front was blocked by trees.My father has found some animal tracks out there that he is totally clueless about.                                                  

Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens...-Jimi Hendrix

Posted Image

#17    Space Moose

Space Moose

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 05:56 AM

To Wolfsinger:

If a Bigfoot civilization was to live close to one of ours, it should stand to reason that we see them more than we do.  If we don't because of their rapid adaptations, we would have to rethink an entire body of thought around evolution.  

As to not finding any of their bones, we have a stranglehold on a lot of the really good places to live on this planet and we have dug up most of the others looking for anything that archaeologists might be interested in.  

But do we find bones that could belong to a Bigfoot?  Yes, we do.  They are from Gigantopithecus, a species that is thought to have died out about 250,000 years ago.  It is possible that there are a few of them running around still, but there is no evidence of them after 250,000 years ago.  And they were only found in Asia.

Direct human ancestors have been shown to have come into contact with Gigantopithecus in at least 2 locations, but it was a time when spoken language was at a minimum if it even existed at all.  It would be quite remarkable if a story about such a large creature passed its way down a quarter million years and still ended up mostly the same throughout many cultures.

#18    Sageghost

Sageghost

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 227 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 10:36 AM

Hi Kismit,

I found this article in an old book that my Dad gave me. Hopefully it is of some interest. (source: Strange Stories Amazing Facts 1975)

Yeah I have to agree with you on the cats - there are parts of the Australian bush so dense that no human has ever set foot in there - and probably won't. A good example is the discovery of that rare tree a few years back - that was pure accident.

By the way I love your theory about Hanging Rock! Have you been there in real life? I'd love to go there one day just to see what the vibe of the place is like...

smile.gif  smile.gif

(PS I'm new to this forum so if the attachment doesn't work I'll try again)                                                  

Attached Files

#19    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 10:53 AM

Thanx for the post Sageghost but unfortunately I can't read it . Is there any way to resize it?
   As for Hanging Rock , yes I have been there for school camp when I was about 11 years old.  It's breath taking a really beautifull part of Australia.The Grampians is a huge piece of land with lots of gully's that would be near impossible to get to.

P.S the pic dosen't look to dissimillar to a Big Red , don't you think ? smile.gif                                                  

#20    Sageghost

Sageghost

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 227 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 11:28 AM

Sorry about the quality - I'll re-scan tomorrow for ya!                                                  

#21    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 11:36 AM

Aww shux Sageghost , that's great that is  smile.gif                                                  

#22    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,188 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 14 April 2003 - 11:51 AM

Sageghost,

I don't think you'll be able to get that scan uploaded to the forum with better quality than the one that's there - there's a 20k maximum upload size limit on the boards, which means you would still have to compress the image again even if you did rescan it. With pictures this isn't too much of a problem, but with scanned text it makes it very difficult to read.

The best suggestion I have is if you have access to some web space somewhere else you could upload it to there and then link to it.

Thought I'd better let you know to save you rescanning it again, as it's not likely to be the scan itself that's making it hard to read.

smile.gif                                                  

#23    Sageghost

Sageghost

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 227 posts

Posted 15 April 2003 - 09:51 AM

Thanks Saruman,

I loooove technology - I was able to convert this to text so it'll be crystal clear.

Enjoy Kismit!

smile.gif  smile.gif  smile.gif
----------------------                                                  

Attached Files

I was just thinking that of all the trails in this life, there is one that matters more than all the others. It is the trail of a true human being.

#24    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 15 April 2003 - 09:59 AM

Thanx Sage ghost , that was much better . I must say I haven't seen many Taniwha around here lately  wink.gif

But I still don't know if there is a difference between a Bunyip and a Yowie. unsure.gif                                                  

#25    Sageghost

Sageghost

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 227 posts

Posted 15 April 2003 - 10:21 AM

I'm glad to hear that!

I think that the Yowie and the Bunyip are different creatures and not related. The site www.yowiehunters.com lists some of the Aboriginal names for the Yowie, but Bunyip isn't among them. Another good Yowie site is: http://www.internetezy.com.au/~mj129/yowiesmain.html

Bunyips seem are connected to the Aboriginal dreamtime and are described as being more like a Hippo with a head like a Horse. It inhabited waterholes and was the equivalent to the 'boogeyman'.

Try this site:

http://www.actewagl.com.au/education/bunyip.cfm

biggrin.gif
--------------------                                                  

I was just thinking that of all the trails in this life, there is one that matters more than all the others. It is the trail of a true human being.

#26    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 09:39 AM

Thanx sageghost . That little puzzle has bothered me for a while . I think the Yowie must be a more commonly discussed mystery in Northern parts of Australia , and the Bunyip must have been more south of the border .
Did you know there is actually a School in Victoria called Bunyip Primary . Imagine the possibility's .

Yowie University , Taniwha TAFE  endless. rolleyes.gif

Thanx again for clearing that up for me sageghost.                                                  

#27    TheOracle

TheOracle

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

• Artistic, quiet, musician Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Ad mortem fidelis.

Posted 16 April 2003 - 10:04 AM

biggrin.gif Nice work sageghost...Thumbs Up                                                  

Never play Leap Frog with a Unicorn.

#28    Sageghost

Sageghost

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 227 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 10:19 AM

tongue.gif  Awww shucks....  wub.gif  wub.gif  wub.gif                                                  

#29    Sidhe

Sidhe

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 04:32 PM

There was a seven or eight foot tall bigfoot like creature spotted at a construction site by two workers and a policeman in Maryland a couple of years ago.. these men obviously saw something, and a few reporters got their stories before the whole thing got "boring" to the press and we heard no more about it.  The two workers were from West Virginia and were living in their vehicle (a van or something).  One of them had gone outside to .. well, you know.. when he saw something huge some short distance away stand up.  What frightened him was the impression of great size.  He bolted back into the van, told his buddy, and then (I think) they observed it walking off toward a drainage pond.  They fled in their van and called the police.  An off duty policeman was working security at the site (a common thing) and heard the dispatch over his scanner.  He drove over to the nearby diner where the men were said to be waiting, and convinced one of them to bring him to the place.  Once there, the West Virginia man got scared and buggered off, but the policeman shined his light around the drainage pond until he struck a large "something" which might have been a pile of debris, or dirt, as it was a dirty brown color, but he kept his light on it because it looked out of place.  He stayed with it for some time but it did not move.  Then when he moved his light elsewhere, he thought he saw movement from that place, and he scanned back over that way, the pile of debris was gone.  I think he saw the thing standing, though I may misremember that bit, and reported it to be slightly smaller than the West Virginia men had...  But he did not think it was a person.

I typed all of that from memory, so I may have made some mistakes.  I live in Virginia (the state just south and west of Maryland) in a very urban area, but even here we have had our brushes with bigfoot like creatures.  The "Mount Vernon Monster" had the locals frightened for two summers in the 1980s.  I don't think anyone saw it, but it was heard moving around, and made that characteristic "scream" of the bigfoot types.  There are recordings of it, I think.  I wasn't in the state at the time (I was out in California) but my in-laws lived right there where it was happening.  There is a small area for such a thing to hide, but it's really small.  A couple of national and state parks connect to make a corridor toward the Potomac river, which separates Maryland and Virginia.  Maryland is much more rural and it's possible something like that could stay hidden, but only in very small numbers.  I say possible, but only just barely.                                                  

#30    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 16 April 2003 - 04:43 PM

I live in Virginia too,  and I could see something like a Bigfoot
          living much closer to the mountains (more towards West Virginia).
          I've never heard any stories though (kinda glad for that). smile.gif                                                  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users