Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Indiana Bigfoot #2

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31    Sidhe

Sidhe

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 05:10 PM

I used to live in Charlottesville and I never heard one story like that.  My mom comes from Christiansburg, and they don't have any stories either.. so while I agree with you it would make better sense for them to hang out in the mountain areas, I never ran across any stories there.

I also lived in Mississippi, in the deep swampy southern part, and out there in the Honey Island swamp there are stories of a bad-tempered smelly creature, smaller though, and with a characteristic three toed footprint.  It is man sized and animalistic, however.  It doesn't show any intelligence in its behavior.  I think that it's much like the Florida Skunk Ape; speaking of which, last year there were some great pictures from a lady who caught one in her shrubbery.  I'm not sure this site has those pictures yet.  I may have to hunt them down.

As I say, it doesn't really make sense for them to live here in Northern Virginia, but if they did live in Maryland (much of which is still rural) they could make occasional visits along the parklands which follow the waterways around the Potomac.  I know it seems impossible, but it is only just possible.  Anyway, nothing like that has been seen or heard in this area since the mid 1980s.

Incidentally, I lived in rural Maryland too.  There are soooo many places where people seldom go.  But I never got any stories about bigfoot type creatures from locals there either.

Now I know I wrote all of this as if I believe entirely in the existence of huge manlike creatures unknown to science.. actually, I don't *believe* in them, but I do entertain thoughts they might exist.  Too many people see them for them to be totally made up creatures.  But they need not be coporeal creatures either.  Several Indian tribes described them as animal spirits that are not always "here", though when they are, they have substance and reality like another animal.  I'm fascinated by that idea.  There are so many strange sightings of animals that make little sense.. Kangaroos in the upper midwest, for instance.. what is that all about?                                                  

#32    morbidman

morbidman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 April 2003 - 03:32 PM

im 50-50 about all the big-foot query. we need to be open to new discovery thats for sure biggrin.gif                                                  

#33    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 26 April 2003 - 04:10 PM

Sidhe, the bigfoot pic you are seeking is on this board somewhere.  i remember a thread about it  rolleyes.gif                                                  

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#34    Guest_PinballWizard_*

Guest_PinballWizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2003 - 05:12 PM

HERE ya go, Sidhe.

MM  cool.gif                                                  

#35    weezil936

weezil936

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 June 2003 - 07:59 AM

at least this one doesn't look like a hairy refrigerator. blink.gif                                                      

#36    DEADWALKER1

DEADWALKER1

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 09:02 PM

It has the posture of an ape,but man evolved from the ape so just guessing since they dont have any gorillas in Indiana its just a dressed man pulling a prank on the campers!!!!  devil.gif                                                      

#37    DEADWALKER1

DEADWALKER1

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 09:03 PM

It has the posture of an ape,but man evolved from the ape so just guessing since they dont have any gorillas in Indiana its just a dressed man pulling a prank on the campers!!!!  devil.gif                                                      

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users