Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

waking up at 3am

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1    Steff01

Steff01

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:01 AM

Does anyone else wake up in the middle of the night EVERY night? I get up at 3AM give or take 15 minutes every single night. I then have to get up to get water to fall back asleep. It's really annoying. 3am is a witching hour.really freaky.Any ideas?? What does it mean? :cry:

#2    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,598 posts

• Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others. -Buddha

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:46 AM

I see nothing weird about that. It could simply part of of the sleep/wake cycle.

Also it could indicate you are dehydrated if you are compelled to get water so you can get back to sleep.
By the way..there is no such thing as a "Witching Hour". That is mere superstition.

#3    Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko

Who's to say what is proper?

• 2,985 posts

• "Is this your last best chance? Or are you going to your grave with unlived lives in your veins?"

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:49 AM

I think it means that  you spent too many years sleeping on curlers.

I kidd, where do you gather that 3AM is the witching hour?I had never heard that before.

Edited by H I M, 19 April 2011 - 01:51 AM.

#4    Steff01

Steff01

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:15 AM

View PostH I M, on 19 April 2011 - 01:49 AM, said:

I think it means that  you spent too many years sleeping on curlers.

I kidd, where do you gather that 3AM is the witching hour?I had never heard that before.

Many claims to people waking up around 3 in the morning is due to what is called Witching Hour. Unlike the Holy Hour, which is 3 PM, it is the time where demons will mess with you in a number of ways such as you waking up unexpectedly or something along those lines. It's the devil's play hour, if you will. I always experiencing this, so the best thing I did is to pray, read my  Bible, and have strong faith

#5    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:43 AM

Seems to mean you're getting enough sleep, you lucky b******.  <_<

In all likelihood, we have never slept so soundly. Yes, the length of a single night's sleep has decreased over the years (upward of 30 percent of adults average six or fewer hours), but the quality of our sleep has improved significantly. And quality, not quantity, sleep researchers tell us, is more important to feeling well rested.

Ny Times Article

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#6    Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko

Who's to say what is proper?

• 2,985 posts

• "Is this your last best chance? Or are you going to your grave with unlived lives in your veins?"

Posted 19 April 2011 - 03:48 AM

I remember hearing about it in the movie about Emily Rose. I believe it was just made up though. Is it mentioned in The Bible? You might be dealing with anxiety. I had the same problem, actually still do. Don't stress over it.

#7    Dakras

Dakras

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 19 posts

• Is there anybody there err hello

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:39 AM

View PostSteff01, on 19 April 2011 - 01:01 AM, said:

Does anyone else wake up in the middle of the night EVERY night? I get up at 3AM give or take 15 minutes every single night. I then have to get up to get water to fall back asleep. It's really annoying. 3am is a witching hour.really freaky.Any ideas?? What does it mean? :cry:
I need to go to the toilet usually (It's my age).

#8    Shadesong

Shadesong

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

• What? Lead? No, no, no. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I'm stranded somewhere without any pants.

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:01 PM

There could really be any number of reasons for waking up like this. Anxiety, as mentioned above, is a likely culprit. Also, I seem to recall hearing or reading somewhere that our sleep cycle is supposed to be short or interrupted; if I'm able to find a source regarding this, I'll be sure to post it.

As for the witching hour theory - it's Hollywood... unless demons know to take Daylight Savings and time zones into consideration? I would hate to know that the harbinger of my death showed up to the party an hour early.  :lol:

がんばれ 日本!

Posted Image

#9    graciousgabby

graciousgabby

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 118 posts

• Seeing is believing

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:48 PM

The "demons" in my house wake me about 4 or so, but that could be the time zone differences.  ;)

Of course, I only sleep once or twice a week due to work and school, so one can't go by my experiences.   :P

Most likely a "self programming" type thing in your sleep/wake cycle.  The more you wake up at that time, the more your body is "set" to do so.  No demons or witches...just your body being used to a routine...as annoying as it may be.

#10    doc_josh

doc_josh

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:30 PM

The witching hour is actually the opposite of the estimated time that christ died. 3pm and the 3am hour is supposed to give spirits, souls, demons, if you will the power to ((((attack)))) human's. In accordance to http://en.wikipedia....i/Witching_hour it varys depending on your culture.

"A science is any discipline in which the fool of this generation can go beyond the point reached by the genius of the last generation."  óMax Gluckman

#11    doc_josh

doc_josh

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:43 PM

IMO, The more you believe in spirits the more suseptable you are for seeing (ghost) etc.. Sorta like the old phrase you look for the devil you will find him. If you awake at three AM consecutivly and think gosh my internal clock is messed up. Or think 3AM is witching hour every litle noise creek dog barking bus driving past is somthing ((un natural)) All speculative.  Paranormal is somthing we dont understand and cannot really measure because everyone has a opinion and the field is so taboo that most reconized scientist will not touch it. Therfore at this point reasearch reasearch and lots of evidence needs to be captured to seriously take the 3AM waking's. Good Luck....

Ps.. If you find yourself in the middle of an ((attact)) it is presummed a crucifix candels are not the best choice for protection. Posted Image

"A science is any discipline in which the fool of this generation can go beyond the point reached by the genius of the last generation."  óMax Gluckman

#12    rcade21

rcade21

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:54 PM

There's also a great possibility like a previous user said that it's just dehydration, especially if you eat carbs before bed. I wake up constantly or just that reason because I refuse to give up my pride and joy before I hit the hay, haha Posted Image

The only other thing I could think of is if something is disturbing your sleep, but I've only ever experienced a spirit related event twice so it may be unlikely unless Christmas came early this year Posted Image

#13    Steff01

Steff01

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:43 AM

Wow! great answers...Thanks guys..I shouldn't worry about this..now I don't think it has any supernatural overtones, it's quite a common thing.  :rolleyes:  Thanks again..

#14    Archangel2

Archangel2

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 04:23 AM

View PostRyu, on 19 April 2011 - 01:46 AM, said:

I see nothing weird about that. It could simply part of of the sleep/wake cycle.

Also it could indicate you are dehydrated if you are compelled to get water so you can get back to sleep.
By the way..there is no such thing as a "Witching Hour". That is mere superstition.

As stated by more informed on here;  the only superstitous part is calling it 'the witching hour'  3am is mentioned throughout the bible and is very real.

#15    scaredsilly

scaredsilly

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

• "In an open mind, there is always room to move."

Posted 20 April 2011 - 05:02 AM

View PostSteff01, on 19 April 2011 - 01:01 AM, said:

I was waking up at 3am a few days in a row (this is a few months ago, now) it was really strange!  :unsure:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users