Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What is the weight of the human soul ?

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#16    Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen

El Lobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:24 AM

View PostTiggs, on 27 April 2011 - 07:34 AM, said:

Unless this the only instance in Physics where matter is instantaneously destroyed - what does the mass transform into?
Once that connection to the ethereal world is severed, perhaps that physical soul residue disperses.
Perhaps souls behave in the event of death as matter does upon entering a black hole, the matter wouldn't be destroyed but dispersed in a less perceptible way that would account for the loss of weight.

Well, if the adults were approximately the same size at time of death - then it would.
First of all, you can't assume something like them all being the same size. And even so, metabolism varies alot between people.
As for lungs... One person could have had a worse respiratory condition than the other. They might not have had as much air to exhale. What if one was a smoker?

The classical explanation for the soul is that of radiowaves and radio transmitter. By locating the soul physically within the body, it's subject to physical enquiry - and if it's there, it hasn't been found, yet.
That doesn't sound right to me, actually. I have a different concept in mind for what a soul could be, but it's hard to explain. The closest I can come is the digital information analogy, which only serves to nudge you in the direction of the mindset that I am trying to communicate.
Darn, if only I was telepathic...

Life is too short to waste on responsibilities. :)

#17    =Jak=

=Jak=

Telekinetic

• 6,824 posts

• SIMPLICITY

"Avoid hurtful thoughts and bring helpful attitude"

Self sacrifice attitude, kills ego.

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:38 AM

:)like to weight single file when it is transferred in wireless.  Also like to know the weigh of single thought!

G @   C

#18    Emin

Emin

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:48 PM

The soul is metaphysical thus it is immeasurable with our limitations of measurements. It would be like attempting to measure "gravitons". It's all in theory but it is not definitive.

I am an Emin of truth!

#19    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 29,483 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:08 PM

View Post=Jak=, on 28 April 2011 - 06:38 AM, said:

:)like to weight single file when it is transferred in wireless.  Also like to know the weigh of single thought!
a file is not moved when transferred it is merely copied and sent.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#20    =Jak=

=Jak=

Telekinetic

• 6,824 posts

• SIMPLICITY

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:11 AM

View Postdanielost, on 28 April 2011 - 09:08 PM, said:

a file is not moved when transferred it is merely copied and sent.

sent means moved to other place, if u don't want a copy, then cut and paste.

G @   C

#21    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 1,760 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:30 AM

View Post=Jak=, on 29 April 2011 - 10:11 AM, said:

Even if you cut and paste the data it is still in the original place on the original disk, it just has a '?' in front of it which means the space is free to be overwritten.

The data is always copied and pasted. The difference is only that little '?'.

Posted Image

#22    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 29,483 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:20 PM

View Post=Jak=, on 29 April 2011 - 10:11 AM, said:

what your aiming for in this case, is the removal of the electricity from the computer.

There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#23    =Jak=

=Jak=

Telekinetic

• 6,824 posts

• SIMPLICITY

Posted 29 April 2011 - 05:48 PM

I am more concerned in what getting passed to other.. the package moved in air. The Ones and Zeros

G @   C

#24    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 29,483 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:29 PM

View Post=Jak=, on 29 April 2011 - 05:48 PM, said:

I am more concerned in what getting passed to other.. the package moved in air. The Ones and Zeros
i understand that.  but without a soul the body is dead and without electricty the computer is dead

#25    =Jak=

=Jak=

Telekinetic

• 6,824 posts

• SIMPLICITY

Posted 30 April 2011 - 03:16 AM

Yes right, But when we check the digital current, it also work in same way when you trigger One it works and when you trigger Zero it dead. Everything is electric.

G @   C

#26    Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen

El Lobo

• 1,990 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 05:44 AM

View Post=Jak=, on 30 April 2011 - 03:16 AM, said:

Yes right, But when we check the digital current, it also work in same way when you trigger One it works and when you trigger Zero it dead. Everything is electric.
There are no perfect analogies and one can always find discrepencies in any attempt to draw a parallel.

Life is too short to waste on responsibilities. :)

#27    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,076 posts

• Universe Service Pack 2 still needs patching.

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:45 AM

View PostSoul Kitchen, on 28 April 2011 - 05:24 AM, said:

Once that connection to the ethereal world is severed, perhaps that physical soul residue disperses.
Perhaps souls behave in the event of death as matter does upon entering a black hole, the matter wouldn't be destroyed but dispersed in a less perceptible way that would account for the loss of weight.
Disperse into what?

First of all, you can't assume something like them all being the same size. And even so, metabolism varies alot between people.
As for lungs... One person could have had a worse respiratory condition than the other. They might not have had as much air to exhale. What if one was a smoker?
But you're perfectly fine with the concept that for every single person, the physical soul weighs the same?

That doesn't sound right to me, actually. I have a different concept in mind for what a soul could be, but it's hard to explain. The closest I can come is the digital information analogy, which only serves to nudge you in the direction of the mindset that I am trying to communicate.
Darn, if only I was telepathic...
As in "This reality is just a simulation that our souls are playing in"?

"What happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object?" - Tiggs vs PA - Did Jesus Really exist? - The Formal Debate:
HERE
Posted Image

#28    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,113 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 30 April 2011 - 02:16 PM

I hate to be the Devil's advocate here, but has the existence of "the human soul" been proven to be somehow physical/measurable?  :unsure2:

Frankly, I was of the opinion that the "soul" was non-corporeal/metaphysical.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#29    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 29,483 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 02:18 PM

View PostLilly, on 30 April 2011 - 02:16 PM, said:

I hate to be the Devil's advocate here, but has the existence of "the human soul" been proven to be somehow physical/measurable?  :unsure2:

Frankly, I was of the opinion that the "soul" was non-corporeal/metaphysical.
according to the link the answer would be yes.  it has weight.

Edited by danielost, 30 April 2011 - 02:19 PM.

#30    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 29,483 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 02:21 PM

View Post=Jak=, on 30 April 2011 - 03:16 AM, said:

when i said remove all electricity from a computer i meant all including the battery.  when it is all gone you lose everything.  and if you plug it back in you have to reload everything,  the reason you don't have to reload when you turn it off, is because of the battery.

Edited by danielost, 30 April 2011 - 02:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users