Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Stan Gooch & The Neanderthal Legacy

• Please log in to reply
293 replies to this topic

#286    jmccr8

jmccr8

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:59 AM

Hi Cormac,

I would be interested in reading whatever link you can provide on the split occurring in Africa.I thought that Neanderthals physically adapted to a colder climate.Where in Africa was it cold enough to effect those physical adaptations?I am not saying that these H.Anticessor had evolved into either Denisovans or Neanderthal I was just asking,and while I'm asking questions I may as well pose another.The article says that some of the groups moved south during the ice age and went back after while others stayed,there have been articles that have been publshed stating that it is possible and in some cases likely that there was inter-breeding with other hominid species.What would be the likelihood of there being some interaction and effect on the development of Neanderthal or Denisovans.As always Thanks

jmccr8

#287    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,427 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:32 AM

View Postjmccr8, on 07 May 2013 - 03:59 AM, said:

Hi Cormac,

I would be interested in reading whatever link you can provide on the split occurring in Africa.I thought that Neanderthals physically adapted to a colder climate.Where in Africa was it cold enough to effect those physical adaptations?I am not saying that these H.Anticessor had evolved into either Denisovans or Neanderthal I was just asking,and while I'm asking questions I may as well pose another.The article says that some of the groups moved south during the ice age and went back after while others stayed,there have been articles that have been publshed stating that it is possible and in some cases likely that there was inter-breeding with other hominid species.What would be the likelihood of there being some interaction and effect on the development of Neanderthal or Denisovans.As always Thanks

jmccr8

On the split of Neanderthal/HS:

http://www.plosgenet...n.1003404#close

http://www.scienceda...20813155521.htm

I hope these help you.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#288    Mario Dantas

Mario Dantas

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

• Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress.

(Mahatma Gandhi)

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:47 AM

Posted Image

View Postjmccr8, on 07 May 2013 - 03:59 AM, said:

Hi Cormac,

jmccr8

I started a while ago a thread on Neanderthals:

Neanderthal, Olmec, Sykes and Heyerdahl

Homo neanderthalensis; Craniofacial pneumatisation; Paranasal sinuses; Environmental adaptation
http://www.unexplain...howtopic=228672

and this is what i find definite proof about Neanderthals not being adapted to the cold conditions in which they thrived, and, therefore, vanished from the face of the planet.

The Neanderthal face is not cold adapted
http://www.eva.mpg.d...rnal Club March

Just to throw in a couple of nonsense...

Regards,
Mario Dantas

Edited by Mario Dantas, 07 May 2013 - 11:54 AM.

1. Catalog of Images
https://picasaweb.google.com/106047243612755133722

2. Was Atlantis in Greenland?
http://a7lan7is.blogspot.com

#289    jmccr8

jmccr8

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:52 AM

Hi Cormac,

Thanks for the links,I have only time for a quick read now but will read both articles again after work.In the second link they state that adaptation occurred due to isolation and environment in Europe and Asia and that the ancient hominids had separated 500kbp into Europe.Again I am lead back to these hominids that were in Britain 950kbp and isolated during ice ages,are these not the criteria required for genetic change?If they numbered form hundreds to several thousands in Britain alone,what would the population of this species be in warmer climates further south and did they spread to the east as well?

I will get back to this later this evening as I have to run off to work for now.Thanks again
jmccr8

#290    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,427 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:46 PM

View Postjmccr8, on 07 May 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

Hi Cormac,

Thanks for the links,I have only time for a quick read now but will read both articles again after work.In the second link they state that adaptation occurred due to isolation and environment in Europe and Asia and that the ancient hominids had separated 500kbp into Europe.Again I am lead back to these hominids that were in Britain 950kbp and isolated during ice ages,are these not the criteria required for genetic change?If they numbered form hundreds to several thousands in Britain alone,what would the population of this species be in warmer climates further south and did they spread to the east as well?

I will get back to this later this evening as I have to run off to work for now.Thanks again
jmccr8

Actually it means the common ancestor of Neanderthals and Hss (likely Homo heidelbergensis) already lived in a large area from Africa to Europe by that point in time.

It's possible, if their genetics are passed on. However, at the time they are believed to have lived there were no Neanderthals nor even Hss in existance to pass anything on to. And as opposed to the finds in Spain there are no physical remains of Homo antecessor that have been found in Britain. It all revolves around the claimed tools that were found. This is a big flag in my book.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#291    jmccr8

jmccr8

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:35 AM

Hi Cormac

I read through the links you gave.I can't say that I understood the first link as a whole, although I am sure that I got the overall gist of it.Thanks for the info as it helps me to understand.I am curious and like to poke things with a stick to see what happens(things not people)so when I saw the article it made me wonder about new things.

Many times when I see older dates in certain parts of the world it makes me wonder if other species had traveled to other continents earlier in history,or areas no longer accessible.How many continent had inland mega lakes and how did it affect the migration of hominids?North America had one and I suspect that even after it's draining there would have been more major waterways.If people came here during the last ice-age by boat I can see a population spreading out over a vast area fairly quickly,As the waterways depleted isolation would ensue.The same could apply to Europe and Africa.

jmccr8

#292    jmccr8

jmccr8

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:40 AM

Hi Mario,

Yes I have followed that thread as well as your Atlantis thread,I am short of time this evening and will look at your links after I take care of my daily rituals.I did read an article in the link that Thanks

jmccr8

#293    dammage

dammage

Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:52 PM

test test

#294    jmccr8

jmccr8

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:26 PM

Hello Mario,

I read your links as well as re-read your Neanderthal thread to refresh my memory.To be honest I do not support the notion that Neanderthals and Olmecs are related.Yes I do wonder if things in the past may have been different than what we are presently aware of and speculate to some degree,that said I still rely on verified and researched scientific data.
  It is a given that what has been discovered through scientific study is valid and the base from which further research to expand on.Do I think that there is more to be discovered about ancient hominids,of course,and so does science,it's just that sometimes some of us me in particular like to ponder other potentialities.That is all they are musings of and unqualified person looking forward to learning more.
jmccr8

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users