Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

That book I wrote...

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16    markprice

markprice

Government Agent

• 3,391 posts

• To deny meaning is an act of ignorance.

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:55 PM

Paracelse, on 20 October 2011 - 01:14 PM, said:

Simply because it's not available in all countries, I check out Amazon and I can't get it. ;)

No Amazon for France? Hmm..

Barnes & Noble?

BTW, nice natural rock bonsai in your av. I've been finding a lot of those lately and just removing a few branches for aesthetic reasons then leaving them where they are. I transplanted one into a pot successfully, but only one because it's risky. I seem to be the only one around who likes to sharpen my bonsai skills in the woods, which is good because people make mistakes and need practice. It's quite an amazing art, actually.

"How can someone prove that a rainbow exists to a blind man?"

#17    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:55 AM

markprice, on 20 October 2011 - 07:55 PM, said:

No Amazon for France? Hmm..

Barnes & Noble?

BTW, nice natural rock bonsai in your av. I've been finding a lot of those lately and just removing a few branches for aesthetic reasons then leaving them where they are. I transplanted one into a pot successfully, but only one because it's risky. I seem to be the only one around who likes to sharpen my bonsai skills in the woods, which is good because people make mistakes and need practice. It's quite an amazing art, actually.
There is Amazon.fr here but the book is not available in that particular page .. BN ships to France at very high costs but only for books bought through Alibris

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#18    markprice

markprice

Government Agent

• 3,391 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:10 AM

Paracelse, on 21 October 2011 - 05:55 AM, said:

There is Amazon.fr here but the book is not available in that particular page .. BN ships to France at very high costs but only for books bought through Alibris

here it is

#19    markprice

markprice

Government Agent

• 3,391 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:14 PM

Sevenof Seven, on 20 October 2011 - 12:53 PM, said:

It's all going Kindle and books on mobile phones! I have a few books on my mobile, but you can only read a 'text' portion at a time, which is annoying as your finger gets sore from scrolling down constantly. But... that's the future Mister Price.

By the way, everyone, Mark's book is worth a look in ! Grab a copy if you can.

They used to say that the future would be traveling through the air with "jet-packs". Can you imagine the convenience of jet-pack mountain climbing?

No thanks, I would rather feel the mountain and turn each page...in fact I chose the publisher based on the quality of their paper.

#20    Lucky7

Lucky7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

• "We are all but compressed light" Albert Einstein

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:09 PM

markprice, on 21 October 2011 - 02:14 PM, said:

They used to say that the future would be traveling through the air with "jet-packs". Can you imagine the convenience of jet-pack mountain climbing?

No thanks, I would rather feel the mountain and turn each page...in fact I chose the publisher based on the quality of their paper.

Yes, I agree that nothing can replace the feel of a real book, the smell of the pages, the feel of the paper between your fingers, the ocassional paper cut. I am not saying that books should be done away with, all I'm saying is that paper comes from trees and there is the conservationist viewpoint to consider. I love books and I know you do too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users