Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

do you believe telekinesis is real?

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Poll: do you believe telekinesis is real? (53 member(s) have cast votes)

do you think it is real?

1. yes (14 votes [26.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.42%

2. no (30 votes [56.60%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.60%

3. not sure (9 votes [16.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.98%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16    Darth Maul

Darth Maul

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 12:52 PM

LOL LOL LOL !!! YODA IS VERY UPSET !!!

#17    zenfahr

zenfahr

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts
  • Location:Center of my universe.... which is located in a bunker in New Mexico.

• "The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn from the Crow"
    -Nobody

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:03 PM

sigh

#18    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,718 posts

• One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it. ~ Master Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:06 PM

Many years ago I thought telekinesis was possible but as time went by and I did my own studies I realized that every demonstration I seen of so-called telekinesis is completely fake.

I also think that moving physical objects with your mind is also not a possibility. From an evolutionary standpoint it just doesn't make sense either.

Yes..I am aware of supposed devices that link a person to a computer interface so they can use brain waves to move a cursor but that is far different from moving a real object with those same brain waves.

#19    Pandora7321

Pandora7321

Perpetual Late Bloomer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

• My name is Anastasia Beaverhausen. Anastasia as in the Romanovs. Beaverhausen as in........where the beaver live.

-Karen Walker, "Will & Grace"

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:35 PM

View Postjazzer1960, on 12 May 2011 - 09:35 AM, said:

Just a small fan behind the monitor.
That's what I think anyway.

I agree. Why did he need to change the position of the book? Why couldn't he just open it in the direction it was already laying? Oh that's right, because the air flow was from the back of the desk.

Something kinda sad about
the way that things have come to be.
Desensitized to everything.
What became of subtlety?
- Tool, Stinkfist

#20    JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:41 PM

I believe there is a fan behind the monitor of wich he is adjusting the power supple to with the other hand. He obviously took out the sound to hide the noise form the fan.

#21    Rye17

Rye17

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 238 posts

• God made me agnostic... who am I to question his wisdom

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:44 PM

I bet he has awesome "jazz hands"

#22    tadpole16

tadpole16

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:51 PM

i like the trippy music but this is fake

#23    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,554 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:08 PM

If telekinesis is real, it might as well not be if all you can do with it is twitch papers around. If people with these powers could do that, they should be able to do bigger things. No science lab or university can train them harder than these kids already do while they're trying to avoid doing math homework or whatever.

Embrace the impossible.

#24    JJsDietFitness

JJsDietFitness

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

• Only an idiot thinks we're all alone.

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:18 PM

What a crock. He's using air to blow the page over. Now: what would impress me is if he put styrofoam worms around the notebook. The air would blow the worms....

#25    Consumer

Consumer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:35 PM

IMO the only people that can actually do this, would not make a video showing others that they can do so.  But that's IMO.

Be gone.

#26    Yinarchy

Yinarchy

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 134 posts

• Matriarch of the Erie

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:37 PM

As a child, about fifty years ago, we had an old door that used a skeleton key. Somehow the storm door and the old door both got locked with the key in between them on the floor.  Dad was about to break open the storm door, when Mom said, "Wait". I witnessed her look at the key which raised, went into the key hole and unlocked the door.

My older brother demonstrated telekinesis by moving some robot toys by looking at them. Soon after, he went upstairs and blew out his brains. I always though it had to do with the fear-- the fear that we are each responsible for our own reality. For a long time, Mom just sat looking at a wall. Dad molested me.

And rocks began falling from a blue sky and marbles rolled around of their own accord and something unseen bedeviled my father, scratching him, ect. I did not understand about poltergeist at that age. But I told my grandchildren this story and one little girl, who would strangely go through much the same thing, said, "Telekinesis and poltergeist are opposite. One is outward and on purpose. And one is inward, and you didn't even know you were responsible."

#27    Since804

Since804

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:00 PM

View Postevil yoshi, on 11 May 2011 - 02:51 AM, said:

believe in telekinesis but i dont think you can do stuff like pick up cars, and buildings. we dont use all of our brain whaen we do something, so i think that telekinesis needs full brain power and concentration. this video seems pretty convincing.

...why the dramatic magician hands? :rolleyes:

UFO stands for Unidentified Flying Object. Is it that hard to understand??
"I don't know what it was but I don't think that it was a ufo..." = Fail Statement

#28    :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

:PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

Deadliest of the Species

• 3,763 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:08 PM

View Postjazzer1960, on 12 May 2011 - 09:35 AM, said:

Just a small fan behind the monitor.
That's what I think anyway.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Posted Image
"I'd long heard rumors of an alien species that hunted men for sport. I'd always thought they were nothing but campfire tales."

#29    SolarPlexus

SolarPlexus

Warrior of Light

• 3,961 posts

• .....This moment contains all moments.....

...You dont have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.....

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:14 PM

Listen to me this is not easily learned. you must meditate every day and slow your mind. diet and exercise is also important. the video in OP is probably fake and gives TK a bad name,  but there are real videos out there, ive found at least 2-3. It takes a lot of practice. years, decades or a life time, but this energy is very real and we all have it inside us. please do research, be patient and have an open mind

Edited by SolarPlexus, 12 May 2011 - 09:22 PM.

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual."
Galileo Galilei
Posted Image
"Who never walks save where he sees men's tracks makes no discoveries."J.G. Holland

#30    SolarPlexus

SolarPlexus

Warrior of Light

• 3,961 posts

• .....This moment contains all moments.....

...You dont have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.....

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:20 PM

and no fan can spin left, then right, then fast left, then fast right, under a bowl. my best conventional explanation was a needle-shaped micro elecromotor with remote control but i doubt that exists and it certainly cant spin both ways

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual."
Galileo Galilei
Posted Image
"Who never walks save where he sees men's tracks makes no discoveries."J.G. Holland

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users