Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

do you believe telekinesis is real?

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Poll: do you believe telekinesis is real? (53 member(s) have cast votes)

do you think it is real?

1. yes (14 votes [26.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.42%

2. no (30 votes [56.60%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.60%

3. not sure (9 votes [16.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.98%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61    123 hide

123 hide

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:49 AM

I am just curious to see what others think of this guy, is he legitimate? He shows you how to move stuff with your mind, and says that it can be done with a few months of practice. I have been practicing for a while now but I don't know if I'll ever be on this guys level. His first video teaches you how to move stuff with your mind https://www.youtube....h?v=lZjE_GrB5TE and he has a couple of others that shows him using his powers. https://www.youtube....h?v=JjD0cowxQew and https://www.youtube....feature=related

What do you guys think?

123hide

#62    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,054 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:21 AM

Entry level junior magician stuff.

#63    13thDarkOne

13thDarkOne

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 73 posts

• All in one, None

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:48 AM

So 3 years ago I stumbled across telekinesis.... So I got intrested after reading a few stories, thus I went to give it a try. I did the psywheel. I setted it up and made sure windows and everything where close, checked if my breath could influence it the way my head was tilted. I blew pretty hard way harder than breathing, and it didn't. So I sat there for like 5 mins and then suddenly it turned like 1cm. Lol. I think I halucinated it or something because I was starring at it the whole time... But who knows?

#64    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,716 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:23 AM

Some of the Nina Kulagina stuff is pretty interesting. Might be a giant hoax in itself though. Even if it is, she's a fairly decent magician, and I can't really think of any female magicians off hand.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Nina_Kulagina

#65    Biff Wellington

Biff Wellington

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:48 AM

I eat rice!!!

#66    The Dreamer - Hybrid89

The Dreamer - Hybrid89

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

• Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Posted 02 October 2011 - 12:23 PM

Ive gone with 'Not Sure' on this. Simply because anything can be achieved if you really put your mind to it. I think dismissing telekinesis instantly is a mistake.

As for the youtube vids, well there are a lot of people out there who would fake it just to be a total plonk.

Posted Image

#67    Mike G

Mike G

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

• Skeptical of the skeptics.

Posted 04 October 2011 - 05:14 PM

I'd be lying if I claimed to be anything close to well versed in the Noetic sciences, but it seems that science gave telekinesis a fair chance to prove itself during the 60's and 70's. Sizable university funds and lab space on some very noteworthy campuses was allocated towards trying to uncover some evidence of telekinesis. All of that has largely been abandoned these days, since no hard evidence was found that there was anything there to study. In my opinion, if all of those university resources and educated minds could not create a repeatable event, I somewhat doubt that the average person studying a youtube video will be much more successful.

Posted Image

#68    The Dreamer - Hybrid89

The Dreamer - Hybrid89

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

• Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:35 AM

View PostMike G, on 04 October 2011 - 05:14 PM, said:

I'd be lying if I claimed to be anything close to well versed in the Noetic sciences, but it seems that science gave telekinesis a fair chance to prove itself during the 60's and 70's. Sizable university funds and lab space on some very noteworthy campuses was allocated towards trying to uncover some evidence of telekinesis. All of that has largely been abandoned these days, since no hard evidence was found that there was anything there to study. In my opinion, if all of those university resources and educated minds could not create a repeatable event, I somewhat doubt that the average person studying a youtube video will be much more successful.
Indeed, a fair point. Still though, I have a gut feeling there's at least one person out there that can do it. :blush:

Posted Image

#69    scar7

scar7

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:58 AM

I can move things with my mind and i always demostrate it to my family. I take a cup and put it infront of me... Then i say watch this. Then i pick it up with my hand. See i can move things with my mind.  :rofl:

Posted Image

#70    PsiSeeker

PsiSeeker

Omerta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:23 AM

View PostSolarPlexus, on 11 May 2011 - 05:09 AM, said:

youre video is ok but the best video proof is this i think. and yes i believe its real

why is this video difficult to disprove? the guy can do

1) left

2) right

3) fast left

4) fast right

The guy who made this video admitted to it being a fake.

I believe it's possible however I do not believe anyone has successfully carried it out yet.  It would require a leap in evolution resulting in an organism far more sophisticated than humans in my opinion.

And like someone said, if someone could do it it would be extremely easy to prove and would spread through the news like wild fire.  If someone has successfully carried it out you would definitely know about it by now.

An illusion is an illusion.  The key difference between the two is that one is limited by time and the other by perception.

#71    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,790 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:48 AM

All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users