Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Planetary alignment Friday 13th

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,927 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:12 PM

www.heraldsun.com.au said:

FORGET the hippie-era song that has Jupiter aligning with Mars and love steering the stars. The fact is, those two orbs get together all the time. The truly remarkable event - when Jupiter lines up with Venus, Mercury and Mars in the pre-dawn sky - will be visible in Australia's eastern sky on Friday.Posted Image Read more...
So there is an upcoming alignment, and the last time we saw this was 1910

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#2    MrBriefcase

MrBriefcase

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 106 posts

• I have seen the fnords, you can't see the fnords they will eat you. dont see the fnords

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:53 PM

THE END OF THE WORLD!!!

#3    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:05 PM

View Postdisaster, on 12 May 2011 - 02:53 PM, said:

THE END OF THE WORLD!!!
Or a great time to break out the telescope...either way. :)

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#4    Cryptozological Mascot

Cryptozological Mascot

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

• “Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.” –Martin Reese, British Astronomer

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:13 PM

Nope. End of the world...:rolleyes:

The world is my oyster... and I'm allergic to sea food.
My Background / Credentials

#5    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:16 PM

View PostCryptozological Mascot, on 12 May 2011 - 03:13 PM, said:

Nope. End of the world...:rolleyes:
Then I probably shouldn't bother with setting up the telescope...end of the world and all.

darn, and I already payed this months bills too. What a waste.

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#6    Juanita Rose Violini

Juanita Rose Violini

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 80 posts

• I Love Life!

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:23 PM

Whether you even notice the alignment depends how sensitive you are to subtle energy.

“Don’t wish, Miss Tick had said. Do things.”  - Terry Pratchett

#7    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,362 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:26 PM

i think i remember what next years alingment is going to be.  it is going to be when the earth and sun line up with the center of the galaxy and crossing the galactic equater.  you know on dec. 21.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#8    d e v i c e

d e v i c e

Ambassador of Fear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:29 PM

I noticed Jupiter and Venus appeared in close proximity to each other early Tuesday morning. Looked...beautiful.

#9    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:44 PM

Huh, I'm actually going to my first meeting with the local astronomy group then... they have some pretty nice scopes. Be neat to see what we can see.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#10    StarGateAtlantis

StarGateAtlantis

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:26 PM

well may 21st is near. coincidence?

#11    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:32 PM

View PostStarGateAtlantis, on 12 May 2011 - 05:26 PM, said:

well may 21st is near. coincidence?
Yep.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#12    lenny_girl

lenny_girl

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

• Only in America, does the pizza arrive faster than the police.

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:57 PM

Nobody knows when the end of the world is gonna be, He's going to come like a thief in the night. He aint giving us no warning as to when the end is coming. This might just be a change of energy.

#13    Annabis

Annabis

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 06:58 PM

Did you notice that every decade or so, humanity is warned by gloom-and-doom soothsayers that a planetary alignment will take place in the near future and cause havoc on the Earth? Of course, it is not astronomers that give these warnings, but instead, zealots (astrologers and psychics) who have very limited knowledge of the night sky or the solar system in general. John Gribbin in the late 1970's wrote a book entitled The Jupiter Effect which predicted the end of the world would occur in 1983 due a once in a millennium planetary alignment. Of course, the world obviously did not end in 1983! I just don't see the significance of this other than it's simple superstition.

#14    :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

:PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

Deadliest of the Species

• 3,763 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:04 PM

View Postlenny_girl, on 12 May 2011 - 05:57 PM, said:

Nobody knows when the end of the world is gonna be, He's going to come like a thief in the night. He aint giving us no warning as to when the end is coming. This might just be a change of energy.

I like your analogy. :)

Just as if I was to say a planetary alignement is like a cosmic conga line. LOL!

Posted Image
"I'd long heard rumors of an alien species that hunted men for sport. I'd always thought they were nothing but campfire tales."

#15    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:06 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 11 May 2011 - 02:12 PM, said:

So there is an upcoming alignment, and the last time we saw this was 1910
You remember 1910???? Anyway with my luck it's  gonna be a cloudy night

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users