Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Olympics?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 21 August 2004 - 10:47 AM

No1 has started an olympics thread so i thought id better.

I just watche GB winning Gold in the mens rowing, one of the rowers mathew pinsent just won his 4rth gold mdal in a row at 4 consecutive olympics only 2 other competitors have ever achieved such a feat (with sir steve redgrave winnin 5 )

GO GB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Stand up for the Champions
'MON the tic an tiocfaidh ar-la

saorsa na h-alba

#2    Nordic_Dragon

Nordic_Dragon

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 10:55 AM

ive been watching gymnastics since it started and now its finished, for the women: USA (Carly Patterson) in first place, Russia (Svetlana Khorkina) in second and China in third.

Svetlana should have taken the gold but Carly beat her by like 0.02 something...Svetlana is the queen of gymnastics!!  

ive also been watching the swimming and SOUTH AFRICA won the relay finals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  got gold!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no one could believe it!!!!!  we were all so emotional lol...and we've won another silver aswell... and in rowing we've done pretty well too.

we just beat germany in the womens hockey too...

go south africa!!!!!!!!!!!   grin2.gif  grin2.gif  grin2.gif  

Turn off the light,
take a deep breath
and relax
start to move slowly,
very slowly  
Let the rhythm be your
guiding light...

Posted Image

#3    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,236 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 21 August 2004 - 11:27 AM

Brilliant stuff with the rowing this morning, another gold for GB  thumbsup.gif  

#4    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 21 August 2004 - 12:08 PM

I was watching the Ukrainains and the Japanese a week ago jumping around doing athletic stuff on polls.... they can't be human!! w00t.gif  

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#5    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 21 August 2004 - 12:12 PM

Brilliant stuff with the rowing this morning, another gold for GB 

Yeah saruman. superhuman effort and the girls did well too they got a silver an a bronze.

I have to say im incredibly proud to be british when the union flag is raisin an the antional anthem is playing.

I was cheering them on like i would teh celtic.  

Stand up for the Champions
'MON the tic an tiocfaidh ar-la

saorsa na h-alba

#6    seventh_son

seventh_son

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

• When you see the light at the end of the tunnel you're about to be hit by a train!!!

Posted 21 August 2004 - 07:49 PM

You all should be very proud of your athelets. They have represented your countries with dignity and in most cases humbleness.  Good luck to all the nations of the world.

Angels offer ‘unconditional love’ – they set no rules, no standards to be fulfilled. Angels are here for us this instant, loving and guiding, giving us the support we need to move onwards and upwards towards spiritual enlightenment.
Margaret Neylon

#7    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 12:51 AM

I was watching the Ukrainains and the Japanese a week ago jumping around doing athletic stuff on polls.... they can't be human!!

I though the same thing when I watched the South Africans in the swimming pool .

New Zealand may only have one medal , but atleast it's Gold . well done to the girls in the rowing and let's hope Sarah Ulmer can take one in the cycling later today .  thumbsup.gif

#8    Dancing_Dumplings

Dancing_Dumplings

broke.

• 2,653 posts

• <3 Ti amo Eva <3

Posted 22 August 2004 - 12:56 AM

okie i gotta question...where the heck is the ping pong! rawr!! lol its the best thing ever! especially when china is up...the lil ball liquifies!  grin2.gif i gotta feelin its in the winter ones  crying.gif oh also...are the 08 olympics the winter ones or summer...this always confuses the hell outta me.

i love the snyc swimming comps yay japan! and they are girls too tongue.gif makes it even better lol  grin2.gif  

Edited by Anti_girl17, 22 August 2004 - 12:57 AM.

Memories frozen in time...
^all of my personal photos. Everything I want you to see. Nothing more, nothing less.^

#9    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 14,239 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 22 August 2004 - 12:59 AM

How about that Michael Phelps!!!!! thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif  

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#10    Dancing_Dumplings

Dancing_Dumplings

broke.

• 2,653 posts

• <3 Ti amo Eva <3

Posted 22 August 2004 - 01:02 AM

lol i swear Michael Phelps isnt human lol its just not possiable!

^all of my personal photos. Everything I want you to see. Nothing more, nothing less.^

#11    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

• "The one thing we have learnt from history is that we learn nothing from history." Albert Einstein

Posted 22 August 2004 - 01:32 AM

He's nothing compared to Thorpe

We rule in the pool tongue.gif  sasmokin.gif  

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Can you? ;)

#12    Dancing_Dumplings

Dancing_Dumplings

broke.

• 2,653 posts

• <3 Ti amo Eva <3

Posted 22 August 2004 - 01:34 AM

lol neither of em are human! im tellin ya! i swear no one could move that smoothly in the water and go faster then the others who are hacking away...and win lol

#13    AztecInca

AztecInca

Martian

• 9,013 posts

• All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good people to do nothing.

Posted 22 August 2004 - 03:08 AM

QUOTE (Dowdy @ Aug 22 2004, 02:32 AM)
He's nothing compared to Thorpe

We rule in the pool tongue.gif  sasmokin.gif

Exactly, Thorpe is a true legend at swimming and at the next olympics he will get the trifecta, the 100m, 200m and 400m freestyle gold medals! Hes the only man in history to win medals in all three freestyle sprint events!!! thumbsup.gif

The aussies already have 27 medals, 11 gold, 6 silver and 10 bronze!!! What a superb effort and we still have a week to go!!!

Every country ive watched so far, every athlete, has given their best and done such a great job that they all deserve our respect and a giant round of applause!!!

Iraq is into the semis after beating australia  disgust.gif  in the quaters and I hoipe they can go all the way and win the gold. They trully deserve it!!!

Can the aussies finish third on the medal tally for thr first time or will we hang onto fourth spot like last olympics, only time will tell!!!

AUSSIE! AUSSIE! AUSSIE!  Oi! Oi! Oi!

#14    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

• "The one thing we have learnt from history is that we learn nothing from history." Albert Einstein

Posted 22 August 2004 - 05:29 AM

i like the chinese stats you hear from the commentators

they have over one million weight lifters!!!

and over 20 million table tennis players!! More than the population of Australia  laugh.gif

no wonders they always win.  

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Can you? ;)

#15    Nordic_Dragon

Nordic_Dragon

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 10:52 AM

QUOTE (Kismit @ Aug 22 2004, 01:51 AM)
I though the same thing when I watched the South Africans in the swimming pool .

grin2.gif  

Turn off the light,
take a deep breath
and relax
start to move slowly,
very slowly  
Let the rhythm be your
guiding light...

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users