Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Woman held for 'trying to sell moon rock'

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16    TheSpoonyOne

TheSpoonyOne

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 240 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 05:56 PM

What's the reason? They might allow people to get high off the moon?

#17    lp21why

lp21why

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 07:03 PM

View PostParacelse, on 22 May 2011 - 02:46 PM, said:

the other ones are fake therefore it's fraud....

It says in the article that some were given out as gifts, therefore genuine and not stolen. This one may be one of the rocks handed to foreign dignitaries, or it may be one of the stolen ones. Unless they marked each rock to make them identifiable I doubt anyone will know, apart from the seller.

I don't see why it should be illegal to sell these, as long as they aren't stolen and they have no scientific value. If they had then I'm sure they wouldn't have given them away.

"Education: The path from cocky ignorance to miserable uncertainty" - Mark Twain.

#18    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,867 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:48 PM

If it can be "given away", then all the seller needs to do is form a Non-profit organization, then give the rock away for a "donation", then close down the non-profit. I've seen several pastors/leaders of failed churches do the same thing with the church property. They give away the property, but recieve a donation in return. Then close down the church and hopefully give the money away to charity. (Sometimes they don't and instead live off the money for years.)

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#19    nettysavalon

nettysavalon

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 68 posts

• If you find spelling mistakes,you can keep them.I no longer need them.

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:33 PM

Hello since when does the moon belong to anybody???I donīt even believe someone has landet on it!!

#20    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 2,208 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 11:23 PM

View Postnettysavalon, on 22 May 2011 - 09:33 PM, said:

Hello since when does the moon belong to anybody???I donīt even believe someone has landet on it!!
You do believe that we have launched satellites into space yes? And that there are currently humans up there floating around?

Posted Image

#21    Herectic

Herectic

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 67 posts

• "No Gods or Kings only Man."

Posted 23 May 2011 - 04:16 AM

Should of went to canada

#22    Cran593

Cran593

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:10 AM

What an evil woman, she was trying to evolve all dark type pokemon with it.

#23    Verneph

Verneph

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

• I probably think too much...

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:43 PM

So, I don't think anyone has mentioned this thus far but I think it's important to ask...um, who exactly would ever even consider buying a damned rock for over a million dollars?

#24    arglebargle

arglebargle

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:10 PM

I think the U.S government is collecting these moon rocks for the purpose of creating an army of evolved pokemon like for example wigglytuff and clefable.They cleverly mask the obvious connection by using the word "rock" rather than "stone".

Posted Image

#25    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:51 PM

View PostVerneph, on 23 May 2011 - 01:43 PM, said:

So, I don't think anyone has mentioned this thus far but I think it's important to ask...um, who exactly would ever even consider buying a damned rock for over a million dollars?
Some people attempted to buy the Brooklyn bridge or the Eiffel tower.. so why not a piece of rock.. I believe there were attempt to still and sell the rock of Mecca.  What's the difference?

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#26    Verneph

Verneph

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

• I probably think too much...

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:02 PM

View PostParacelse, on 23 May 2011 - 03:51 PM, said:

Some people attempted to buy the Brooklyn bridge or the Eiffel tower.. so why not a piece of rock.. I believe there were attempt to still and sell the rock of Mecca.  What's the difference?

Well the Brooklyn Bridge and the Eiffel Tower are rather large pieces of architecture.  Many would describe the Eiffel Tower as an art piece.  I'm not familiar with the Rock of Mecca though.  My point was that this sounds like a rather small chunk of pretty useless rock.  It's not even shiny (I would never refer to a gem as "useful" beyond shiny).  Its only real draw is that it's, apparently, from the Moon.  I can see how that might be desirable to some, but over a million dollars?  Really?

Edited by Verneph, 23 May 2011 - 05:03 PM.

#27    :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

:PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

Deadliest of the Species

• 3,798 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:53 PM

The United States tend to pick fights for the most ridiculous reasons. This comes to no surprise really.

If anything, this will evolved by proving that Obama's mother isn't a US citizen by some twisted evidence and therefore proving that Obama was never eligible for presidency in the first place.

:rolleyes:

Edited by :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:, 25 May 2011 - 06:00 PM.

Posted Image
"I'd long heard rumors of an alien species that hunted men for sport. I'd always thought they were nothing but campfire tales."

#28    Robert1

Robert1

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:31 PM

View PostVerneph, on 23 May 2011 - 01:43 PM, said:

I think you would be amazed at how many people out there have more dollars than sense. :yes:

#29    Cryptozological Mascot

Cryptozological Mascot

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:53 PM

OOOOooooohhhhh... I see... I thought that moon rock was some kind of new drug those crazy kids and bikers are doing.  :devil:

The world is my oyster... and I'm allergic to sea food.
My Background / Credentials

#30    Cryptozological Mascot

Cryptozological Mascot

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:54 PM

View PostRanyhyn, on 23 May 2011 - 02:10 PM, said:

I think the U.S government is collecting these moon rocks for the purpose of creating an army of evolved pokemon like for example wigglytuff and clefable.They cleverly mask the obvious connection by using the word "rock" rather than "stone".

Posted Image

I've been to Norway and know full well that the cold and alcohol can have some strange effects on people.  Therefore, I forgive you. :rolleyes:

The world is my oyster... and I'm allergic to sea food.
My Background / Credentials

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users