Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

UFO sightings warn of alien invasion

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#106    BunnyGirl

BunnyGirl

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:23 PM

View PostTerra 333, on 26 June 2011 - 02:27 PM, said:

I love your attitude/sarcasm!   I have been thinking about what Hawking "allegedly" stated about the dangers of "Contact". I have come to determine one of three things:   1. Hawking is an idiot (I.E.) they must already know we are here and there is nothing we could do to stop them, if they are that advanced.  2. He has become a tool for the "Elitists" who want to keep and accelerate "economic slavery system" on this planet.  3.  He does not speak for himself (New World Tool), or was taken completely out of context to create a bit of sensationalism (which sells better) than the typical story line.   Whatever it is 1, 2, or 3....I am deeply bothered by it. But I will get over it, so don't worry. "Stranger Danger" and "Contact" being put together in such a manner is ridiculous, ludicrous, and also quite disheartening coming from what I "used to think" of Hawking being a halfway intelligent person.

There are few people in the world who would truly think of Hawking as an 'idiot' (excluding maybe some of deeply religious faith), even those in the science communities that disagree with his work. In fact, I think the only people that would really think Hawking is an idiot, must be idiots themselves. No, I'm not saying that you're an idiot, as you only suggested Hawking could be one (much like Hawking only suggested this particular scenario of hostile ETs).

We toss around absolutes, like "If they [aliens] are that advanced, they would blah, blah, blah." Frankly we don't know. We don't know anything about extraterrestrial civilizations. We don't know how an alien people might have advanced, how advanced they are, or what they're using to detect sentient life in the universe.

Stephen Hawking doesn't know everything. I'm sure he would freely admit that. Yes, he's a theoretical physicist, and one of the more notable minds of the 20th and 21st century -- but that doesn't mean he isn't allowed to speculate. He has just as much right to speculate as anyone, and shouldn't have to suffer the angry attacks of those who cannot tell the difference between a possible consideration and a solid statement presented as fact.

I think that Hawking is just the pin-doll du jour. Where once the world seemed in love with this man who overcame so much and helped non-savvy people understand cosmology better, he has now become the easy target for a scared and frustrated little world. Recently, He made headlines again with his statement "There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." As you can imagine, it rattled more than a few feathers and saw a plethora of headlines like "Hawking says there is no God!" You'd think this was the first time anyone made such a bold statement. In reality, it is a belief that has been held and vocalized by many in the science communities for a very long time, and argued more vehemently by prominent figures such as by Richard Dawkins. And yet, the spears were all aimed at Stephen, as if he single-handedly brought atheism to the table.

*Edited for spacing

Edited by BunnyGirl, 28 June 2011 - 07:28 PM.

#107    Celtiksteel

Celtiksteel

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:10 PM

Granted, the arrival of "aliens" to our world could mean trouble. But, also could mean positive things.. The analogy of this planet being used for resources "depletion", is a possibility, if it's like most sci-fi movies. Fear is a belief maker for sure.

I for one, believe that if and when they come, they will greet us as a strange group of life-forms. Cautious and curious. Now maybe they already know of us, and are here to possibly teach us new and amazing things? Throughout the memory of time, we have been told, and have read numerous accounts of visitations by beings from the heavens who have shown us many things.. Many records, or "texts" have been explored showing that this is infact the truth. Even if a small portion of these are true, then more than likely the fear could be justified to a degree. I also believe that if we were to be wiped out, it would have happened by now.

Mr. Hawkings is voicing his overall opinion on the dangers of contact.

I feel that the odds are more in favor of a "friendly" encounter....

As for him being an idiot?? Really?? He is one of the most prominant figures of our time in his field... Kudos to him!!

#108    CrimsonVic

CrimsonVic

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:17 PM

i believe this guy , STEPHEN HAWKING ,is the antichrist

#109    Mystic_Investigations

Mystic_Investigations

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:32 AM

I always thought it was dumb to try and send signals out and put information about us on deep space probes.  Look at how evil our government are now.  Imagine how evil an ultra advanced civilization might be because the power would go to their head.  It's rather slim that any government or race would be some enlightened peaceful entity.  It's foolish to broadcast our location to the Universe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users