Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Zombies, Vampires, and Jesus Christ (Oh, My!)

UM-Bot

Tammy A. Branom: Since May 21, 2011, came and went without the dead rising and some living folks floating away, which really comes as no surprise, I decided to look into the whole dead rising as depicted in the Christian bible. With the CDC showing their incredible marketing skills with “Zombie Apocalypse,” it was high time to look into how the rumor of the end of the world brought out the zombie in many of us. Zombies, or at least the zombies we know from the movies, the flesh eaters, have a very old history. The first reference to zombies, or at least the dead eating the living, was in the Epic of Gilgamesh from Sumerian legend.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ever Learning

• MstrMsn

• Rlyeh

• ironman2014

First of all I think people need something they can believe in(god,satan,aliens.....)what ever!!I also believe, that we all could turn to canibals,if we are only hungry enough!!I also believe, that Jesus was a real person,but the stories about him have been passed on by story tellers!Or why did they change the old Testament to the new Testament??Ohh yeah of cause ,the old testament doesn´t fit in,with the modern way of thinking??Yeah that would explain why so many people refuse to go to church!! :sleepy:

Vampires, mummies and the Holy Ghost

These are the things that terrify me the most

No aliens, psychopath or MTV hosts

Scare me like vampires, mummies and the Holy Ghost

*snickers*

• 2 weeks later...

Tammy A. Branom: Since May 21, 2011, came and went without the dead rising and some living folks floating away, which really comes as no surprise, I decided to look into the whole dead rising as depicted in the Christian bible. With the CDC showing their incredible marketing skills with “Zombie Apocalypse,” it was high time to look into how the rumor of the end of the world brought out the zombie in many of us. Zombies, or at least the zombies we know from the movies, the flesh eaters, have a very old history. The first reference to zombies, or at least the dead eating the living, was in the Epic of Gilgamesh from Sumerian legend.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

This story is blasphemous. Nothing about this is true. Vampires and zombies are things associated with evil and black magic. They are no where near related to Jesus Christ. Christ rose people from the dead to show the power of God. Read the Bible for what it really is. This is absolutely wrong.

• 2 months later...

First of all I think people need something they can believe in(god,satan,aliens.....)what ever!!I also believe, that we all could turn to canibals,if we are only hungry enough!!I also believe, that Jesus was a real person,but the stories about him have been passed on by story tellers!Or why did they change the old Testament to the new Testament??Ohh yeah of cause ,the old testament doesn´t fit in,with the modern way of thinking??Yeah that would explain why so many people refuse to go to church!! :sleepy:

How does the new testament not fit into the old testament? the things that happened in the new testament were spoken about in the old testament from genesis onwards, saying that it was going to happen. you obviously dont agree with judeo-christian theology, which is your prerogative to do so. you shouldnt profess to have a knowledge of the bible when you dont.

Mark 12:26 addresses seven men dying and each taking the first one’s one wife and then whose husband does she belong to when they all rise from the dead.

If you read this in context, you will see that it is a hypothetical question from the saducees (Saducees are highpriests that tried to twist scripture to fit into there own man made traditions) to jesus to test him and to try and make jesus look foolish.

The Sadducees Ask About the Resurrection

18 And Sadducees came to him, who say that there is no resurrection. And they asked him a question, saying, 19 “Teacher, Moses wrote for us that if a man's brother dies and leaves a wife, but leaves no child, the man [5] must take the widow and raise up offspring for his brother. 20 There were seven brothers; the first took a wife, and when he died left no offspring. 21 And the second took her, and died, leaving no offspring. And the third likewise. 22 And the seven left no offspring. Last of all the woman also died. 23 In the resurrection, when they rise again, whose wife will she be? For the seven had her as wife.”

24 Jesus said to them, “Is this not the reason you are wrong, because you know neither the Scriptures nor the power of God? 25 For when they rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven. 26 And as for the dead being raised, have you not read in the book of Moses, in the passage about the bush, how God spoke to him, saying, ‘I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? 27 He is not God of the dead, but of the living. You are quite wrong.”

Zechariah 14:12 describes a plague that rots people while they are still alive.

If this is talking about zombies lol i guess theres going to be zombie horses, mules, camels, and donkeys as well

12 And this shall be the plague with which the Lord will strike all the peoples that wage war against Jerusalem: their flesh will rot while they are still standing on their feet, their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths.

13 And on that day a great panic from the Lord shall fall on them, so that each will seize the hand of another, and the hand of the one will be raised against the hand of the other. 14 Even Judah will fight at Jerusalem. And the wealth of all the surrounding nations shall be collected, gold, silver, and garments in great abundance. 15 And a plague like this plague shall fall on the horses, the mules, the camels, the donkeys, and whatever beasts may be in those camps.

Matthew 27:51 speaks of tombs opening and dead holy people coming out.

Your right in saying the dead rose, but they didnt eat any one or show any zombie qualities lol

The Death of Jesus

45 Now from the sixth hour [6] there was darkness over all the land [7] until the ninth hour. [8] 46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” that is, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” 47 And some of the bystanders, hearing it, said, “This man is calling Elijah.” 48 And one of them at once ran and took a sponge, filled it with sour wine, and put it on a reed and gave it to him to drink. 49 But the others said, “Wait, let us see whether Elijah will come to save him.” 50 And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice and yielded up his spirit.

51 And behold, the curtain of the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. And the earth shook, and the rocks were split. 52 The tombs also were opened. And many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised, 53 and coming out of the tombs after his resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many. 54 When the centurion and those who were with him, keeping watch over Jesus, saw the earthquake and what took place, they were filled with awe and said, “Truly this was the Son [9] of God!”

Jesus quoted Psalm 22:1 which begins with, "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?". Jesus quoted this Psalm in order to draw attention to it and the fact that He was fulfilling it there on the cross.

That brings me to Christian believers partaking of the consecrated “body and blood of Christ” during Holy Communion. I have to ask: Who is the zombie here?

yes we can't get enough of the symbolic body and blood of jesus christ, all christians are zombies lol we can only have it once a week tho. A moment on the lips, a life time on the hips.

Now, I know many people think Jesus was a zombie. That topic runs rampid in internet forums. Personally, I think JC more resembles a vampire. Technically speaking, zombies have been around longer than vampires or even JC himself, but I wanted to explore the vampire idea (since I was delving into the dead rising topic) a bit more.

how can jesus be thought of as a vampire or a zombie? to be a zombie or a vampire, he would have to be bitten by one. he was crucified and then came back from the dead and spoke to his disiples in day light lol

Bram Stoker was a protestant of the Church of Ireland. I’ll lay odds that he took Holy Communion at some point.

i think its a pretty safe bet that a christian might of had holy communion

i apoligise for hogging the comment page lol im okay with the right to not believe in christianity but i do feel the need to correct where i can, misquotions of the bible, even tho there are plenty of christians who might be better equipped for the job.

Edited by Armchair Educated

• 2 weeks later...

Now, I know many people think Jesus was a zombie. That topic runs rampid in internet forums. Personally, I think JC more resembles a vampire. Technically speaking, zombies have been around longer than vampires or even JC himself, but I wanted to explore the vampire idea (since I was delving into the dead rising topic) a bit more.

how can jesus be thought of as a vampire or a zombie? to be a zombie or a vampire, he would have to be bitten by one. he was crucified and then came back from the dead and spoke to his disiples in day light lol

You obviously only know of this from movies. If you look back into the history, a bite isn't the only way to turn. In fact, if you actually paid attention to most movies, you would have seen the same thing (mainly regarding zombies).

As for vamps, curses worked, without biting.....

This story is blasphemous. Nothing about this is true. Vampires and zombies are things associated with evil and black magic. They are no where near related to Jesus Christ. Christ rose people from the dead to show the power of God. Read the Bible for what it really is. This is absolutely wrong.

It's only blasphemy if the person saying it is of that religion. You don't know if Tammy is or isn't, do you?

As for what the bible really is... it's a bunch of stories that was plagiarized from older stories. Period.

However, more on topic with the OP....

"the lore of the vampires began in the 18th century"....

Sorry, try earlier than that.

Matthew 27:51 speaks of tombs opening and dead holy people coming out.

Your right in saying the dead rose, but they didnt eat any one or show any zombie qualities lol

Except for the dead body walking around part.