Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

signs from the universe?


  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1    aphrodite123

aphrodite123

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined:31 May 2011

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:31 PM

Recently I started asking signs from the universe and it has started giving me .Like I would ask the universe to give me a coin as a sign if this is to happen and i would find a coin on the road.Is the universe answering and I can trust it?


#2    Goodnite

Goodnite

    Proven over time

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts
  • Joined:07 Apr 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pennsylvania, USA

  • Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement.

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:36 PM

What do you mean by the universe? A higher power, energy or entity? I would chalk it up to coincidence. After all if you asked for a coin as a sign, wouldn't you be more susceptable to finding a coin on the road. You have already set the condition to be more observant because, you are in fact looking for a sign. :sleepy:

The King of the Beasts

#3    Spark Plug

Spark Plug

    Apparition

  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Joined:01 Jun 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:41 PM

View Postaphrodite123, on 31 May 2011 - 04:31 PM, said:

Recently I started asking signs from the universe and it has started giving me .Like I would ask the universe to give me a coin as a sign if this is to happen and i would find a coin on the road.Is the universe answering and I can trust it?

The sceptics here will give you a hard time over this because they dont believe that the mind creates reality.

I challenge you to write a paragraph on a random topic using your own creativity. The more creativity you put into it the better the results will be. Then sit back over the next weak and look for coincidences between what you wrote and reality. You will notice things will start popping up.

Next go read choas theory and learn about fractals. The universe is structured even if it appears random and patterns emerge. What goes on in your head also imprints itself on the universal fractal and your thoughts will start popping up in other places.


#4    Bob Chylan

Bob Chylan

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Joined:24 Apr 2011
  • Gender:Male

  • Life has been good to us all

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:48 PM

I don't necessarily think finding a coin on the road is a sign of anything. Anyone can find a coin on the road if one looks. The coin is already on the road because someone dropped it or something like that. They are all over the place. It did not just magically appear


#5    Alienated Being

Alienated Being

    Government Agent

  • Banned
  • 4,163 posts
  • Joined:03 Sep 2006

  • "The best way to predict the future is by inventing it."

    "Record

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:56 PM

I find pennies on the road all the time. Never pick 'em up though.


#6    Rangkor

Rangkor

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Joined:07 Feb 2011

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:04 PM

Ask for the Universe to teleport a albino silverback that can play the guitar while surfing, and then you have something.

Edited by Rangkor, 01 June 2011 - 03:04 PM.


#7    Bob Chylan

Bob Chylan

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Joined:24 Apr 2011
  • Gender:Male

  • Life has been good to us all

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:05 PM

I throw pennies on the road occasionally. Maybe I am the 'universe'  ;)


#8    Spark Plug

Spark Plug

    Apparition

  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Joined:01 Jun 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:10 PM

View PostRangkor, on 01 June 2011 - 03:04 PM, said:

Ask for the Universe to teleport a albino silverback that can play the guitar while surfing, and then you have something.

That is a great piece of creativity.

Now notice the following topics popping up over the following days -
Albinos
Silverbacks
Guitars
Surfing
Teleportation

They wont appear how you want them too but these topics will start randomly popping up in your life. Maybe on the news, papers, magazines. Just keep your eyes open and see how many appear. Silverbacks and albinos are the least likely so watch for them most of all.

Edited by Spark Plug, 01 June 2011 - 03:11 PM.


#9    Dougal

Dougal

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Joined:01 Apr 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester UK

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:26 PM

View PostSpark Plug, on 01 June 2011 - 03:10 PM, said:

That is a great piece of creativity.

Now notice the following topics popping up over the following days -
Albinos
Silverbacks
Guitars
Surfing
Teleportation

They wont appear how you want them too but these topics will start randomly popping up in your life. Maybe on the news, papers, magazines. Just keep your eyes open and see how many appear. Silverbacks and albinos are the least likely so watch for them most of all.

They'll appear at the same rate as before, however now that you've suggested to him that they'll appear he'll start NOTICING them more. Just because you don't notice something doesn't mean it's not there.

"Science is simply common sense at its best that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic." Thomas Henry Huxley English biologist.
"Shall I refuse my dinner because I do not fully understand the process of digestion?" Oliver Heaviside English physicist.

#10    Spark Plug

Spark Plug

    Apparition

  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Joined:01 Jun 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:45 PM

View PostDougal, on 01 June 2011 - 03:26 PM, said:

They'll appear at the same rate as before, however now that you've suggested to him that they'll appear he'll start NOTICING them more. Just because you don't notice something doesn't mean it's not there.

Thats the argument used against it.

The counter argument is to use your creativity to write a poem and really push your creaivity to come up with unique sayings mixed with stuff which has a low chance of appearing. Really tap that subconscious for maximum coincidences.

I've got one - man saws womans leg off for eating leg off jelly baby.
Now lets sit and wait for jelly babies and someone getting their leg sawn off.

Edited by Spark Plug, 01 June 2011 - 03:45 PM.


#11    thewatchman7

thewatchman7

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • Joined:17 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male

  • like joseph stalin, and ghandi,
    im the cult of personality!

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:56 PM

View PostSpark Plug, on 01 June 2011 - 03:10 PM, said:

That is a great piece of creativity.

Now notice the following topics popping up over the following days -
Albinos
Silverbacks
Guitars
Surfing
Teleportation

They wont appear how you want them too but these topics will start randomly popping up in your life. Maybe on the news, papers, magazines. Just keep your eyes open and see how many appear. Silverbacks and albinos are the least likely so watch for them most of all.

this is ridiculous.

by sheer number of topics covered your gonna run into a few of these...
albinos - maybe not as much but i used to see a few on the train everyday.
silverbacks - gorillas are subject to many documentaries.
guitars - used to play music, which is everywhere and a hugely ingrained part of culture.
surfing - see it every night on the news sports report.
teleportation - a popular sci fi thing, confronted often on discovery.

you see what i mean, it would be virtually impossible to not see these things often.
your just focusing on something common and seeing it as something amazing. free hint = *its not*


#12    Spark Plug

Spark Plug

    Apparition

  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Joined:01 Jun 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:59 PM

View Postthewatchman7, on 01 June 2011 - 03:56 PM, said:

this is ridiculous.

by sheer number of topics covered your gonna run into a few of these...
albinos - maybe not as much but i used to see a few on the train everyday.
silverbacks - gorillas are subject to many documentaries.
guitars - used to play music, which is everywhere and a hugely ingrained part of culture.
surfing - see it every night on the news sports report.
teleportation - a popular sci fi thing, confronted often on discovery.

you see what i mean, it would be virtually impossible to not see these things often.
your just focusing on something common and seeing it as something amazing. free hint = *its not*

By having a list of unlikely things it stacks the probability in favour of the paranormal when they happen.


#13    thewatchman7

thewatchman7

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • Joined:17 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male

  • like joseph stalin, and ghandi,
    im the cult of personality!

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:03 PM

View PostSpark Plug, on 01 June 2011 - 03:59 PM, said:

By having a list of unlikely things it stacks the probability in favour of the paranormal when they happen.

i simply wouldnt classify this list as paranormal,
in fact its normal.


#14    Rangkor

Rangkor

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Joined:07 Feb 2011

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:19 PM

Posted Image


#15    Dougal

Dougal

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Joined:01 Apr 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester UK

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:42 AM

View PostSpark Plug, on 01 June 2011 - 03:45 PM, said:

Thats the argument used against it.

The counter argument is to use your creativity to write a poem and really push your creaivity to come up with unique sayings mixed with stuff which has a low chance of appearing. Really tap that subconscious for maximum coincidences.

I've got one - man saws womans leg off for eating leg off jelly baby.
Now lets sit and wait for jelly babies and someone getting their leg sawn off.

I like what you did there, I'll do it too.

Crocodile reclines on deck chair lounger in Turkey.

Something HUGELY unlikely to happen, but when we break it down to the words which are used pretty commonly, they'll appear! WOW, you just discovered that even non-sensical sentences are made from commonly used words. Have a medal.

"Science is simply common sense at its best that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic." Thomas Henry Huxley English biologist.
"Shall I refuse my dinner because I do not fully understand the process of digestion?" Oliver Heaviside English physicist.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users