Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Bio Station Alpha

• Please log in to reply
591 replies to this topic

#541    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:09 PM

L, there are several similar anomalies all along that seam.  It is a veritable city!

Just kidding, I really think this is (just like BIO Station Alpha) just a glitch of some kind from image processing or data loss.  If you really want to know what is there, why not go look at the original pictures from NASA and report back what it looks like before it was stretched over the Google Earth version of the Mars globe and let us know what you've found.

#542    Moonie2012

Moonie2012

Alien Abducter

• Banned
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:11 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 08 June 2011 - 09:09 PM, said:

L, there are several similar anomalies all along that seam.  It is a veritable city!

Just kidding, I really think this is (just like BIO Station Alpha) just a glitch of some kind from image processing or data loss.  If you really want to know what is there, why not go look at the original pictures from NASA and report back what it looks like before it was stretched over the Google Earth version of the Mars globe and let us know what you've found.

This needs to be the new standard procedure people need to do before they start spouting off about Martian buildings they find on Google Mars.

Even better idea - just quit using Google Mars as a vehicle for trying to discover anything like this. It's NOT accurate.

Edited by Moonie2012, 08 June 2011 - 09:15 PM.

#543    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:12 PM

...why not go look at the original pictures from NASA and report back what it looks like before...
how?

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#544    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 11,735 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:18 PM

I've had a thought about them there pesky pixels.....

(if they are actually there and haven't been, ahem, 'modified' in )

what if it is metal....perhaps a very special alloy..like a titanium alloy for example... :)

and the way that the exotic-type metal shows up on the raw data does actually come over as

something that looks like a 'glitch'.....because of what it's made of.

It does look very shiney. Perhaps that shiney-ness caused the glitch ???? In some way... :blink:

just a thought that pinged into my head a few minutes ago....... ^_^

******just seen your reply with my unedited quote...the L.....lol

Edited by bee, 08 June 2011 - 09:19 PM.

#545    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:56 PM

View Postthe L, on 08 June 2011 - 09:12 PM, said:

how?
If you look on this web page you can plug in longitude and latitude values to track down images.  Been messing with it a bit and not really coming up with definitive results.  Peri is very good at this, he might have some helpful tips.

#546    Czero 101

Czero 101

Earthshattering Kaboom

• 5,620 posts

• We are all made of thermonuclear waste material

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:27 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 08 June 2011 - 09:56 PM, said:

If you look on this web page you can plug in longitude and latitude values to track down images.  Been messing with it a bit and not really coming up with definitive results.  Peri is very good at this, he might have some helpful tips.

try HRSC - H1636_0000_ND3.

http://viewer.mars.a.../H1636_0000_ND3

Image is centered on 100° Long, top of image is 65.5722° Lat, bottom is 31.8816° Lat.

The area in question is in the bottom quarter of the image.

ETA...

The circle represents the approximate location on the image:

Posted Image

Compare with the location in Google Earth:

Posted Image

Cz

Edited by Czero 101, 08 June 2011 - 10:36 PM.

"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe..." - Carl Sagan
"I'm tired of ignorance held up as inspiration, where vicious anti-intellectualism is considered a positive trait, and where uninformed opinion is displayed as fact." - Phil Plait
"For it is the natural tendency of the ignorant to believe what is not true. In order to overcome that tendency it is not sufficient to exhibit the true; it is also necessary to expose and denounce the false." - H. L. Mencken

#547    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:26 AM

Yes there is whole city there. :yes: Near new building.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#548    ThePitOfReason

ThePitOfReason

Remote Viewer

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 12:05 AM

View Postbee, on 02 June 2011 - 07:44 PM, said:

I put it on Photobucket......and applied the 'auto fix'

it's best if you look at it 3 feet ish from computer screen..

Posted Image

edit to say...make that 5 ish feet...lol

Good job! It looks like a giant machine as if it turns like a crank does in a engine. It looks like it rotates just saying!

#549    ThePitOfReason

ThePitOfReason

Remote Viewer

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 12:23 AM

I been wondering where I parked that damn thing thanks for finding it for me sorry it started such a big fight.

#550    sum_ergo_cogito

sum_ergo_cogito

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

• ex scientia vera (from knowledge truth)

Posted 10 June 2011 - 03:02 AM

View PostPericynthion, on 03 June 2011 - 01:49 AM, said:

Hi Kantzveldt,

This isn't a "bio station" or any other sort of object, natural or artificial.  It's actually just 11 pixels of bad data in the original image, probably a data dropout.  The image has been reprocessed multiple times to prepare it for use in Google Earth, so the original pixels have been badly distorted.  They're also surrounded by some pretty noticeable compression artifacts.  

The original source image used by Google is an ESA Mars Express High Resolution Stereo Camera image (H5620_0000_ND), taken on 18 May 2008     (link).

First of all, here's a copy of the image as seen in Google Earth:

Google Earth
Posted Image

Now, here's a crop from the original Mars Express HRSC science data, before processing (click on the image to enlarge it to full size!):

H5620_0000_ND2   (Enlarged to 400%)
Posted Image

And finally, here's a higher-resolution image of the same area as seen by the Mars Reconaissance Orbiter Context Camera on 25 January 2010:

MRO CTX   B17_016407_2528_XN_72N029W
Posted Image

I've uploaded this crop at full resolution, so each pixel represents a distance of about 6.25 meters.  There is clearly nothing unusual at that location.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

P.

P.S. to bmk1245:  Thanks for the vote of confidence!   :blush:

Thank you for posting these images - finally someone who makes any kind of sense regarding this supposed image of a Martian base station.  I posted on DiscoveryNEWS and was threatened with physical violence because I didn't believe a little white smudge on the image was that of an actual Mars base.  You should send this information to the guy (the so-called armchair astronomer) who made the original YouTube video and he should retract.  He wasn't the one who threatened me.  There is nothing I would like better than to have REAL proof regarding ETs but so far as I know we are not there yet.  Thanks again.

#551    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:11 PM

Welcome to the Forum sum_ergo_cogito. We dont treat most people in here like that.
Were all mostly open minded and accepting of all points of view.i.e UFO`s and Roswell LOL ! Just a inside joke on all Forums.
But the Mars images are very intresting ,and if you look long enough at anything no telling what one might
post as to its nature and origin.
We really all are open to new Ideas !
Welcome again! Post up !

Attached Thumbnails

• Whirrled Peas.gif

This is a Work in Progress!

#552    sum_ergo_cogito

sum_ergo_cogito

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:44 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 10 June 2011 - 01:11 PM, said:

Welcome to the Forum sum_ergo_cogito. We dont treat most people in here like that.
Were all mostly open minded and accepting of all points of view.i.e UFO`s and Roswell LOL ! Just a inside joke on all Forums.
But the Mars images are very intresting ,and if you look long enough at anything no telling what one might
post as to its nature and origin.
We really all are open to new Ideas !
Welcome again! Post up !

Thanks, I appreciate that a lot.  Some people get so bent out of shape if you don't agree with them on everything.  And yes, as John Lennon, it is time to give peas a chance in this whirrled - lol

#553    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 03:11 AM

Welcome indeed! :tu:

Very pleased to make your acquaintance sum_ergo_cogito.  I sense a kindred spirit.  Tell me if you can see the correlation. ;)

#554    sum_ergo_cogito

sum_ergo_cogito

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:31 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 11 June 2011 - 03:11 AM, said:

Welcome indeed! :tu:

Very pleased to make your acquaintance sum_ergo_cogito.  I sense a kindred spirit.  Tell me if you can see the correlation. ;)

I think so yes and thanks for welcoming me - such a nice change from other places where I've posted and been threatened with physical violence for having a differing point of view - I've added some information to my profile that can be reviewed for correlation.  My interests vary quite a lot but anything out of the ordinary and I'm in with both feet, so to speak.  Still finding my way around and familiarizing myself with the site - hope to establish long and productive relationships on here with other like-minded individuals who have an interest in the unexplained.   :tu:

#555    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 11,735 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:41 AM

View Postsum_ergo_cogito, on 11 June 2011 - 07:31 AM, said:

I think so yes and thanks for welcoming me - such a nice change from other places where I've posted and been threatened with physical violence for having a differing point of view - I've added some information to my profile that can be reviewed for correlation.  My interests vary quite a lot but anything out of the ordinary and I'm in with both feet, so to speak.  Still finding my way around and familiarizing myself with the site - hope to establish long and productive relationships on here with other like-minded individuals who have an interest in the unexplained.   :tu:

welcome SEC.....you don't mind if I call you that I hope...your user name is
quite a mouthful.. ;)

I would be fascinated to read a thread from somewhere else where you've been
threatened with violence...not because of the violence bit, especially, but because it's
interesting and informative what other people have to say about 'Bio Station Alpha'
and you have evidently taken part in some heated discussions

do you have a link, matey

cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users