Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 1 votes

Seeing bits of the future in my dreams?


  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1    rockhop8

rockhop8

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
  • Joined:17 May 2010
  • Gender:Female

  • When life gives you lemons, squeeze lemons in it's eye-face.

Posted 03 June 2011 - 04:07 AM

My earliest memory I was about 8, I believe. No, no it had to have been younger... Okay, I'd say 6.
The night before we went on a long drive, I dreamt that we passed a large hill next to a bridge, a large one... It was the interstate, I beleive. Well, in my dream, on the hill there were flowers, and in the shape of a smile-face. It looked like the one at walmart.
I remember the sky, it was clear blue and every single fluffy little cloud :)
The next day, we passed the very scene that was in my dream, detail for detail.
-
The next memory I have I was a conversation my parents had that I heard, I was about 12 or 13.
I don't recall what it was about, but I remember right where they were standing, the positions they were standing, the sky, trees, the wind, everything.
It happened the next day.
It was nothing important, just a pointless little thing about the car engine or something, but it happened exactly like the dream.
-
The next one was a pretty big deal to me; it was only a few months ago and I was, and am, 14.
It was a camping trip, where first I went with my friend to her churches trip, (I am not religious, I just enjoy camp.) and then with them to the same lake but a different area. A specific detail I recall is on the way back, I remember a sign at a store they stopped at, with scrolling red letters; Buy a sandwich get one cold drink and dry meat! Is what it said, that exactly.
I HAD NO IDEA I WAS GOING ON A CAMPING TRIP WHEN I HAD THIS DREAM.
A few months later, the exact thing happened. I only remember bits and pieces of the dream, including meeting people I had never met which also happened at the trip. The sign was a big part, I even dreamed the dream I had on the way home from the camp when I fell asleep in the car!
-
The most recent was a few weeks ago, but I had dreamt it a month or so ago.
It was a gym, one I'd never been in. There were balloons, and arches and decorations and such, and a food table and a few tables around, all on large gym mats.
That was the dream, no people, no sounds, just the picture quickly, then gone.
A bit later, I was invited to the prom by the same friend from the camping trip.
I accepted, and we went together AS FRIENDS btw, lol.
It looked how I saw in the dream, but with people and music. Everything else was the same, though.
-
There are many more, but I don't recall them other that one where I'd walked through the woods, then I did and it looked the same. I don't remember when this was.
But I don't remember anymore, but I know they happened.
Can anyone tell me why this happens? It's all mildly interesting things, but nothing important. Why would I dream the future, if none of it matters anyway? I don't really understand this, and I would like to know more.
What is the purpose, if any, of this, and how can I do this more often? Please help and thank you! :)

Watch me as I fall apart, lose all kindness in my heart.
Watch me as I don't think about you, and ignore what you say and do as I do.
Watch me as I throw it all away, hoping to never see another day.

#2    Morgaia

Morgaia

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 61 posts
  • Joined:19 Apr 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:MI, USA

Posted 03 June 2011 - 05:16 AM

I've had this happen before; dreaming something, then having it happen or coming across a scene from a recent dream. It is hard to say just what is going on. I would hesitate to say that the dreams are predicting the future simply because it is so easy for humans to manufacture 'memories.' Also, it is possible that you had seen these things before and because you were young you didn't remember but your subconscious did and that came through in a dream? I don't know though. It is an interesting phenomenon at any rate, thank you for sharing! :)

Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures.  ~Jessamyn West

#3    Habitat

Habitat

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 4,231 posts
  • Joined:07 Jan 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia

Posted 04 June 2011 - 02:06 AM

Rockhop8, you are not alone in having these dreams that seemingly foretell future events, they have been accepted as a reality all the way back to antiquity. And in many instances, the events predicted would seem totally improbable, but occur nevertheless. I can vouch for this, having had several myself. A few years ago, I dreamt a particular horse won a major race. At the time this seemed an unlikely contingency, as this horse was racing in lowly races in another state.  However, the horse rose through the classes and about 9 months later was entered for the major race !!! With great anticipation, I placed a substantial bet at odds of 14 to 1. It ran fourth.  :(  So much for pre-cognitive dreams, you might say. The following year, the horse was again a runner in the race.......and won, this time without "stupid" having a bet.  :(  Oh ye of little faith.  :no:


#4    know_doubt

know_doubt

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Joined:24 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Female

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:44 PM

Don't take your dreams at face value.. you could be seeing the future, but you might be just seeing a warning.  Pay attention to them but exercise caution and don't assume anything.


#5    George Ford

George Ford

    Just pretend you didn't see anything

  • Banned
  • 3,149 posts
  • Joined:02 May 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:nowhere

  • 'I live in the weak and the wounded... Doc'

Posted 04 June 2011 - 01:14 PM

Weird,

I had a similar thing happen to me a few years ago. I had a very vivid/lucid dream of a huge white castle that towered above me. Suddenly it was under attack and large bits of wall were raining down and killing people, it was chaos and I was running for my life. Anyway about 2 years later I went to the cinema and watched the Lord of the Rings: Return of the King and the part where Minas Tirith is under siege and gets hit by the orks trebuchets rocks and parts of the wall fell down were almost identical to my dream.
I had never read any of the books by the way. Was strange and I can't explain it.

Also I know how to control dreams sometimes, although it is still random. In real life start switching the light switch on and off in every room you go through. Make it a habit. Then in a dream when you do it the light does not come on, or there is a long delay. Sometimes you realise the delay and suddenly you know your in a dream, at that point you can do anything! It's better then any computer game!

I tend to chose to steal fast cars, fly and run across rooftops!

“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence” ~ Carl Sagan

#6    libstaK

libstaK

    Nosce Te Ipsum

  • 7,178 posts
  • Joined:06 Feb 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Melbourne, Australia

  • Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 04 June 2011 - 01:26 PM

View Postbulveye, on 04 June 2011 - 01:14 PM, said:

Weird,

I had a similar thing happen to me a few years ago. I had a very vivid/lucid dream of a huge white castle that towered above me. Suddenly it was under attack and large bits of wall were raining down and killing people, it was chaos and I was running for my life. Anyway about 2 years later I went to the cinema and watched the Lord of the Rings: Return of the King and the part where Minas Tirith is under siege and gets hit by the orks trebuchets rocks and parts of the wall fell down were almost identical to my dream.
I had never read any of the books by the way. Was strange and I can't explain it.

Also I know how to control dreams sometimes, although it is still random. In real life start switching the light switch on and off in every room you go through. Make it a habit. Then in a dream when you do it the light does not come on, or there is a long delay. Sometimes you realise the delay and suddenly you know your in a dream, at that point you can do anything! It's better then any computer game!

I tend to chose to steal fast cars, fly and run across rooftops!


LOL I like your technique, I have always been told to pull my finger, if I am dreaming it will stretch like spaghetti, but I have found the biggest tell is that in my dreams if I pay attention to my feet, they are rarely touching the ground, usually floating just above it, then I can get lucid for a while but I eventually get distracted back into a dream state at some point and realise "wait that's not what I intended to happen".

As to your dream about LOTR I get that, I have posted that I have dreams that come true but it's more often the silly stuff  with some relevant events here and there, like movies or conversations with people about nothing in particular, or someone repeating a sentence they said in a dream to you a couple of days ago, it's odd and random.

I have had some scary dreams too though and when you intersperse these with dreams that come true it can mess you up for a while - you look over your shoulder wondering if the bad stuff is actually going to happen too.  

I wish I could lucidly fly in my dreams - I have a fear of heights and perversly enjoy flying in my dreams only when my sub-conscious is in charge, if I get lucid I freak out, really annoying Posted Image

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#7    Amy0101

Amy0101

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Joined:04 Jun 2011
  • Gender:Female

  • There is no spoon.

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:38 PM

Welcome Rockhop8 to the land of psychic dreams. Iíve had them for years.  Yep sometimes they are about ordinary stuff, and other times they are about important things.  Just about every big event that was coming my way Iíve dreamt about it first. I canít even count them all. But I do keep a dream journal.  Some of my psychic dreams have been literal and some metaphorical. I used to deny that it was happening, coincidence you know, but after dozens and dozens of them, you canít ignore it. I have drank in the past in an attempt to stop them, but that doesnít work very well. (Bad adult!) I guess the only fun part is, when the events do actualize into reality, you can say I know, and not have to look surprised.


#8    Habitat

Habitat

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 4,231 posts
  • Joined:07 Jan 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia

Posted 05 June 2011 - 01:06 AM

View PostAmy0101, on 04 June 2011 - 10:38 PM, said:

Welcome Rockhop8 to the land of psychic dreams. Iíve had them for years.  Yep sometimes they are about ordinary stuff, and other times they are about important things.  Just about every big event that was coming my way Iíve dreamt about it first. I canít even count them all. But I do keep a dream journal.  Some of my psychic dreams have been literal and some metaphorical. I used to deny that it was happening, coincidence you know, but after dozens and dozens of them, you canít ignore it. I have drank in the past in an attempt to stop them, but that doesnít work very well. (Bad adult!) I guess the only fun part is, when the events do actualize into reality, you can say I know, and not have to look surprised.
What an extraordinary insight it is. I suspect most people don't believe it, but others will just know from their own experience, it does happen. It does mess with our waking perception that the future is 'not our's to see' as Doris Day sang about, though. :unsure:


#9    ghoulish

ghoulish

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 159 posts
  • Joined:01 Apr 2011

Posted 12 June 2011 - 09:37 AM

i had this type of experience too, but does anyone see what happens in 2012?


#10    libstaK

libstaK

    Nosce Te Ipsum

  • 7,178 posts
  • Joined:06 Feb 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Melbourne, Australia

  • Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:55 AM

View PostHabitat, on 05 June 2011 - 01:06 AM, said:

What an extraordinary insight it is. I suspect most people don't believe it, but others will just know from their own experience, it does happen. It does mess with our waking perception that the future is 'not our's to see' as Doris Day sang about, though. :unsure:

What beats me up is how in my short time on the UM so many have mentioned the same archetypical insights into this phenomena randomly across various threads whereas before in my life I could have sworn I was on my own in this phenomena ...  It is so misunderstood, it doesn't come at will you can't say "show me what will happen in 2012" and expect an answer but it does reflect what is most important for me as an individual to know at any given time, even if it is just a reminder here and there that it is still going on by just showing the little random things in life.

The problem always boils down to evidence and the evidence just is not there because we do not see future world events, or if we rarely do they are lost in translation until they occur, we might see an event but not the time or place, until it shows up on the news (this is rare and has only happened 2x in my whole life and they weren't huge events either).

I also believe from experience that for every one who admits to this there has got to be at least another 10 who have experienced it but put it down to coincidence so often that they have perfected ignoring it.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#11    The Dreamer - Hybrid89

The Dreamer - Hybrid89

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Joined:06 Jun 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ireland

  • Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:31 PM

View Postrockhop8, on 03 June 2011 - 04:07 AM, said:

My earliest memory I was about 8, I believe. No, no it had to have been younger... Okay, I'd say 6.
The night before we went on a long drive, I dreamt that we passed a large hill next to a bridge, a large one... It was the interstate, I beleive. Well, in my dream, on the hill there were flowers, and in the shape of a smile-face. It looked like the one at walmart.
I remember the sky, it was clear blue and every single fluffy little cloud :)
The next day, we passed the very scene that was in my dream, detail for detail.
-
The next memory I have I was a conversation my parents had that I heard, I was about 12 or 13.
I don't recall what it was about, but I remember right where they were standing, the positions they were standing, the sky, trees, the wind, everything.
It happened the next day.
It was nothing important, just a pointless little thing about the car engine or something, but it happened exactly like the dream.
-
The next one was a pretty big deal to me; it was only a few months ago and I was, and am, 14.
It was a camping trip, where first I went with my friend to her churches trip, (I am not religious, I just enjoy camp.) and then with them to the same lake but a different area. A specific detail I recall is on the way back, I remember a sign at a store they stopped at, with scrolling red letters; Buy a sandwich get one cold drink and dry meat! Is what it said, that exactly.
I HAD NO IDEA I WAS GOING ON A CAMPING TRIP WHEN I HAD THIS DREAM.
A few months later, the exact thing happened. I only remember bits and pieces of the dream, including meeting people I had never met which also happened at the trip. The sign was a big part, I even dreamed the dream I had on the way home from the camp when I fell asleep in the car!
-
The most recent was a few weeks ago, but I had dreamt it a month or so ago.
It was a gym, one I'd never been in. There were balloons, and arches and decorations and such, and a food table and a few tables around, all on large gym mats.
That was the dream, no people, no sounds, just the picture quickly, then gone.
A bit later, I was invited to the prom by the same friend from the camping trip.
I accepted, and we went together AS FRIENDS btw, lol.
It looked how I saw in the dream, but with people and music. Everything else was the same, though.
-
There are many more, but I don't recall them other that one where I'd walked through the woods, then I did and it looked the same. I don't remember when this was.
But I don't remember anymore, but I know they happened.
Can anyone tell me why this happens? It's all mildly interesting things, but nothing important. Why would I dream the future, if none of it matters anyway? I don't really understand this, and I would like to know more.
What is the purpose, if any, of this, and how can I do this more often? Please help and thank you! :)

I have been having these for a number of years now, I get periods when they lay off but when they come about, the dreams themselves usually leave me drained of energy and wake me up in a sweat. 2 things, I live in Ireland, the weather is usally crap,2 Im always warm but I never sweat. Anywho it does happen, I agree with afew comments, pay attention to them, they could be bad and they could be good. :D

Posted Image

#12    Melo -

Melo -

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • Joined:09 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Madera, California

  • ...more dangerous than any weapon is a face of evil, with a mask of good intention.

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:38 PM

i also remember a very odd dream from my youth, where i was walking in a city i'd never been to in my life and had seen a giant wall of water slowly engulfed the place......

the most weird part about it was that the sky was unusually crimson and someone appeared to be riding it in a buisness suit.

now....im the type of dreamer who is always very god-like in my dreams but in that particular one,it did not apply as when i tried to run i couldn't.......i looked at myself because of that inability and realized i had the hands of an old man
i was only 14 and since then, i've noticed that out of chronological order, fragments of my dreams come true.And i claim i can hear the plants in this plane speak so quietly.

you know.....its very awkward knowing who you're first girlfriend is going to be.....especially when you've never met.......and you're inseperable today

i love denise abbott today....only through the light of whatever force helped me could i see that in advance

more dangerous than any weapon is a face of evil, with a mask of good intention...

#13    DarkProfessor

DarkProfessor

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined:14 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Neither here nor there

  • Long has paled that sunny sky;
    Echoes fade and memories die;
    Autumn frosts have slain July.

    Excerpt from Lewis Carroll's "Life is but a dream"

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:01 AM

It is fairly common to see even a section of the future in your dreams especially it it is your own future, i myself have found that I've dreamed of little tiny sections of my life even weeks ahead usually it is something inconsequential like a conversation that happened while something unusual is going on in the background for the most part these dream can easily be ignored however if something bad does happen and you find yourself living out that dream it is advisable to change the course of action you are taking

Vita est iter ingredi uiam, quam tu accipias

#14    The Dreamer - Hybrid89

The Dreamer - Hybrid89

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Joined:06 Jun 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ireland

  • Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:32 PM

View PostDarkProfessor, on 15 August 2011 - 12:01 AM, said:

It is fairly common to see even a section of the future in your dreams especially it it is your own future, i myself have found that I've dreamed of little tiny sections of my life even weeks ahead usually it is something inconsequential like a conversation that happened while something unusual is going on in the background for the most part these dream can easily be ignored however if something bad does happen and you find yourself living out that dream it is advisable to change the course of action you are taking

I totally agree, we use such a small fraction of our brains. Can you imagine if we used our brain at full capacity. makes one wonder you know. :ph34r:

Posted Image

#15    mypanicedbrain

mypanicedbrain

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined:08 May 2014
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:54 AM

I too have the same "sight" as I call it.. My dreams wern't pleasent, they were nightmares that came true. Double murders, rapes, burgarlaries.. How is a child supose see that considering I did not watch violent or dirty movies at the age of 7 which was the age of my first "sight".. I learned at the age of 12 that i wasn't the only one when i caved from the scaryness of my dreams that it runs in the women in my family "5" known wemon 1 after another with the same thing it skipped 1 of the twin girls in my family.. my most recent sight was seeing my best friend loose her baby. Two days before she lost the baby. I was so upset because I saw It and couldn't stop it. I still blame myself. all you can do is do as much research as possible to better your ability. I'm nervous to tell the police when I see a crime in my dreams for it will make me seem crazy. Just find people that have this same "sight" to keep you working to better you and them with this ability. I have family, but I still keep a journal incase I forget it before I can tell them.

   Good luck hunny, Stay strong . :yes:







0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users