Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

Glowing Red Eyes

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1    The Logic of Illogic

The Logic of Illogic

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:41 PM

I'm not to good with all the paranormal terminology, or anything really. I was wondering if anybody would be able to help me with figuring out what I have encountered growing up, i'll appreciate it heaps :)

Basically, all of these stories are mainly based on other peoples encounters involving me, because wierdly enough, I only remember snippets.
Ever since I was five (and upto about 12) people around me, and myself have had various encounters with this thing.

Firstly, When I was 5 at my old house I was having a sleepover with my sister (who was 7) her bestfriend and my best friend, over the years they have told me how they clearly remember feeling as if they were being watched and glancing at the window, and there it was, glowing red eyes without any distinguishible features. I remember, the red eyes were large, luminous (without reflection of light) and staring, and we couldn't help but stare back, freaked as we were.

Then when I was 8 my friend and I (at a new house) were sleeping in my bedroom (which I used to sleep with my door open) on a matress on the ground, and we got a bad vibe and looked up, and there it was in my DOORWAY. It did not step in the room, it just stared with those dreadful eyes, and we were both basically frozen, and about 15 seconds later it disappeared.

A few months before that she was also there to see it out my window in my front lounge.

The wierd thing is, after the encounter in my room , for years I did not remember it, speak of it or anything. But when I was 15 at school me and some mates were talking about creepy stories, and I told of the stories about seeing the red eyes out my window as a kid, and out my window, I could give few details, but I remembered. Then I went and visited my old school friend over the holidays a few years ago, and we were just talking about it casually, and she said "DUDE, DON'T YOU REMEMBER IT IN YOUR BEDROOM!?" from that point on, I thought, REEALLY hard, and I came up with an image and feeling (without any prompt from her) and then we basically pieced it togeather bit by bit, I'd say "was it from the perspective from my cupboard, on the floor facing the door" and even describing it, and it matched the image in my head. When describing how I felt, or what I remembered in motion, all I could really think of was the eyes and how I felt numb/terrified.

She remembered the whole thing crystal clear, but I only remembered an image.  :\

There are also other times, like my sister saying how when she was young she'd see just eyes outside and used to think it may be bats or something, because bats have red eyes, but in my country, we only have fruit bats out in the country and their eyes dont glow, obviously :P

So yeah, Glowing red, slanted eyes with a type of dark area around it, couldnt make out a shape, and while I felt numb and terrified, Ellie just felt scared to the bone.

So help would be much appricated :) I've always wondered... thank you!

Edited by The Logic of Illogic, 12 June 2011 - 02:03 PM.

#2    The Logic of Illogic

The Logic of Illogic

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:49 PM

ps. I've looked up the Mothman, but as I said with the no shape because of the darkness around it, I am not sure.

Edited by The Logic of Illogic, 12 June 2011 - 02:01 PM.

#3    SolarPlexus

SolarPlexus

Warrior of Light

• Banned
  • 4,200 posts

• .....This moment contains all moments.....

...You dont have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.....

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:07 PM

I believe it is the sleep paralysis entities i.e. shadow men

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual."
Galileo Galilei
Posted Image
"Who never walks save where he sees men's tracks makes no discoveries."J.G. Holland

#4    Disembodied Voice

Disembodied Voice

Mystical Bean Chaointe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

• My inspiration is ART...Because without ART we would just be stuck with reality. - Daniel R. Lynch

Posted 16 July 2011 - 03:10 AM

The Logic of Illogic, on 12 June 2011 - 01:49 PM, said:

ps. I've looked up the Mothman, but as I said with the no shape because of the darkness around it, I am not sure.

That's what I thought when I first read your post. Sure sounds like it. Maybe the body was too dark to see. That is a strange site though. I've seen something similar so I do believe you saw something. Except for what I saw was on my old roof. Anyways it happened in you room right? Could it have been a waking dream or something? Like said before sleep Paralysis? Sounds exciting though. I hope you can get to the bottom of it. :)

Posted Image

MY PARANORMAL BLOG: ENTER IF YOU DARE!
"Reality is a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there."
"I am a lover not a fighter but I will fight for what I love."
"Don't tell me that the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon!"

#5    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:02 AM

The Logic of Illogic, on 12 June 2011 - 01:41 PM, said:

I'm not to good with all the paranormal terminology, or anything really. I was wondering if anybody would be able to help me with figuring out what I have encountered growing up, i'll appreciate it heaps :)

Basically, all of these stories are mainly based on other peoples encounters involving me, because wierdly enough, I only remember snippets.
Ever since I was five (and upto about 12) people around me, and myself have had various encounters with this thing.

Firstly, When I was 5 at my old house I was having a sleepover with my sister (who was 7) her bestfriend and my best friend, over the years they have told me how they clearly remember feeling as if they were being watched and glancing at the window, and there it was, glowing red eyes without any distinguishible features. I remember, the red eyes were large, luminous (without reflection of light) and staring, and we couldn't help but stare back, freaked as we were.

Then when I was 8 my friend and I (at a new house) were sleeping in my bedroom (which I used to sleep with my door open) on a matress on the ground, and we got a bad vibe and looked up, and there it was in my DOORWAY. It did not step in the room, it just stared with those dreadful eyes, and we were both basically frozen, and about 15 seconds later it disappeared.

A few months before that she was also there to see it out my window in my front lounge.

The wierd thing is, after the encounter in my room , for years I did not remember it, speak of it or anything. But when I was 15 at school me and some mates were talking about creepy stories, and I told of the stories about seeing the red eyes out my window as a kid, and out my window, I could give few details, but I remembered. Then I went and visited my old school friend over the holidays a few years ago, and we were just talking about it casually, and she said "DUDE, DON'T YOU REMEMBER IT IN YOUR BEDROOM!?" from that point on, I thought, REEALLY hard, and I came up with an image and feeling (without any prompt from her) and then we basically pieced it togeather bit by bit, I'd say "was it from the perspective from my cupboard, on the floor facing the door" and even describing it, and it matched the image in my head. When describing how I felt, or what I remembered in motion, all I could really think of was the eyes and how I felt numb/terrified.

She remembered the whole thing crystal clear, but I only remembered an image.  :\

There are also other times, like my sister saying how when she was young she'd see just eyes outside and used to think it may be bats or something, because bats have red eyes, but in my country, we only have fruit bats out in the country and their eyes dont glow, obviously :P

So yeah, Glowing red, slanted eyes with a type of dark area around it, couldnt make out a shape, and while I felt numb and terrified, Ellie just felt scared to the bone.

So help would be much appricated :) I've always wondered... thank you!
I just replied to a John above who also had an encounter with the red eyed dogmen. See here for all the details Dartmoor Beast Identified As New Species Of European Giant Hyrax?

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#6    Blues Girl

Blues Girl

Psychic Spy

• 1,218 posts

• Ribbons is a stupid name for a horse

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:04 PM

Has anyone thought about this thing maybe being a cat??

I shall one day rule this world using only my wits, charm, and a bent paperclip!
A balanced life is a rat on each shoulder >'.'<

#7    pixiii

pixiii

I Want to Believe

• 2,115 posts

• Patefacio vestri mens quod praesumo somnio...
    Open your mind and dare to dream...sometimes :P

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:20 AM

Blues Girl, on 19 July 2011 - 09:04 PM, said:

Has anyone thought about this thing maybe being a cat??

That's actually a very good suggestion Blues Girl.  The way cats eyes can reflect/glow in the dark can be a little spooky sometimes, and especially for children of the ages mentioned in the OPs post.  :)

Some might call me crazy, but I was going to suggest it could've been car lights/brake lights reflecting on the walls/windows etc.  But I like the cat idea better ;)

#8    mommabearof3

mommabearof3

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:08 AM

I had the same experience with glowing red eyes outside of my window. It was  when I was in my bedroom, before I got into bed, or shortly after. After months of seeing these eyes, I finally got up the nerve to sneak over to my window and see what it was. It was my dad trying to look into my room (he had molested me). I was always a very intuitive little girl, I think as a survival technique mostly. But in a way, there always seemed to be a force in that house, one that came over him to make him a pedophile, and one that helped me survive it, and cause me to be wise beyond my years. I would always get "feelings" about when something was going to happen. There were also other things that happened in that house that was unexplainable. My mom had seen figures in the house, and my lamb chop puppet flew off of my bed post and into my face. I grew up in a very religious household and we would have a "prayer circle". One night we were all holding hands and praying at our kitchen table, when an unlit oil lamp flew up like 15 feet and came back down without breaking. Mom moved it after that to a high shelf in the kitchen. We were praying again one night and that same lamp flew towards us, yet it still didn't shatter. I totally believe in stuff like this. I don't believe the glowing red eyes can be explained by a physical mean. I think it def. has something to do with something outside of normal reasoning.

#9    Hockey Player59

Hockey Player59

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:28 PM

Cats don't have red eyes

#10    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,083 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:49 PM

Hockey Player59, on 18 September 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

Cats don't have red eyes
they do if light is reflecting off their eyes. look for laser cat on google or charging mah lasers

Edited by Brian Topp, 18 September 2013 - 12:50 PM.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route to find out what really happened.

#11    Hockey Player59

Hockey Player59

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:10 AM

Ya I know I'm just saying their eye color isn't red. That's why when they reflect light they're green.

#12    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

• 3,083 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:40 AM

Hockey Player59, on 29 September 2013 - 03:10 AM, said:

Ya I know I'm just saying their eye color isn't red. That's why when they reflect light they're green.

Posted Image

Posted Image

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route to find out what really happened.

#13    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,789 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:42 AM

Stop boring us with facts Brian Topp! We don't need no stinking photo-related factual evidence!

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist

#14    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:44 AM

Make a good flashlight if you could get him to look where you want to see.

#15    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

• 3,083 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:51 AM

JesseCuster, on 29 September 2013 - 03:42 AM, said:

Stop boring us with facts Brian Topp! We don't need no stinking photo-related factual evidence!
sorry, its just hard to adapt to peoples reality

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users