Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

G.Cooper encountered man-made flying saucers

• Please log in to reply
573 replies to this topic

#241    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:32 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 01 November 2012 - 02:29 PM, said:

I wonder what he means when he says that the government destroyed his pension...

Could be he's referring to a reduced pension because his working years were cut short at NASA.
Or...could be his pension was mysteriously interrupted to send a message to him.
Both are just speculation on my part.  But it can happen.
Friend of mine spent many years working for a private sector company here doing work on guidance systems.  We have many defence contractors in town.  When he retired from there he took a similar position, on a consultant basis, with a competitor in the same field, and pension checks started going missing or were frequently late .  There was a messy lawsuit.  In the end he won.
As they say...don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Edited by synchronomy, 02 November 2012 - 12:34 AM.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#242    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:49 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 31 October 2012 - 06:22 AM, said:

And I lived in a world of scumbags, crooks, fanatics, liars and sociopaths, one behind every tree in fact.  People who would sell their grandmothers for a nickel and deal in just about anything.  I've met a lot of people in this world in my lifetime in many different countries, and the majority of them I wish I hadn't.

I knew about Willard Milton Romney (his real name) in the 1980s when he was down in Central America looking for investors, and I can tell you that he'd deal with just about anybody, even the thugs who ran Panama, Guatemala and El Salvador.  I could also tell you about his connections with the folks who ran the old Howard Hughes empire in Las Vegas after old Howard had gone really daffy.

God help us if he is ever elected because he'll be as dirty as Richard Nixon.  Well, I've been in many countries that were basically run by mobsters and gangsters.  It's the nature of the world, and I know too much about it to ever have a happy or optimistic disposition again.

I agree with you on God help us if Romney gets elected!

Don't hear much talk except how wonderful he ran Staples business...yeah, exclusive contracts with soon to be too big to fail banks taking TARP and padding his wallet and now one of the first things on the his agenda rid the world of regulations is get rid of CFPB that is attempting to jail as well as recover billions from those same top level executives who toppled the world finance systems but padded his pockets and give them political clout.  

By the way his meaning of his name if you look it up under baby names means  "strong willed"  "devil's song" "of Rome"  how appropriate :(

#243    JimOberg

JimOberg

Psychic Spy

• 1,780 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:11 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 01 November 2012 - 02:24 PM, said:

You can't deny that he did work for NASA all those years, can you?  

He worked for a series of contractors at Cape Canaveral for a long time, this seems evident. It was honrable and competent work of an operational engineering nature, evidently.  His job directly for NASA at the Orbiter Processing Facility seems to have been brief since according to newspaper reports he failed the security clearance check, and was laid off -- about twenty years ago. It's hard to figure out why, he claims it was because of his UFO activities for NICAP, but it happened before he began posting on the Internet, if my timeline is accurate. Co-workers hinted at inconsistencies in his claimed work history. It would be nice to know more. His official-looking 'NASA Space Shuttle Fleet' business card uses a personal PO Box 50 miles from Cape Canaveral. Maybe it would clarify things if somebody went and got an official statement from NASA-KSC PAO.

#244    JimOberg

JimOberg

Psychic Spy

• 1,780 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:15 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 01 November 2012 - 02:29 PM, said:

I wonder what he means when he says that the government destroyed his pension, just like they threatened to do with Cooper and Mitchell?  When he says that Von Braun, Goldwater and Herman Oberth believed that ETs were here, he is also telling the truth.

As for someone plugging his own website, Oberg does that all the time on here.

Where's any evidence that anybody threatened the pensions of Cooper and Mitchell. Verifiable links, please.

What evidence is there that von Braun believed in ETs being here? Oberth did, sure enough fifty years ago. Goldwater, I have no idea about.

"Plugging" one's own website is widespread. Appealing for donations less so.

#245    JimOberg

JimOberg

Psychic Spy

• 1,780 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:17 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 01 November 2012 - 02:34 PM, said:

By the way, just what did Scott Carpenter mean when he said "at no time, when the astronauts were in space were they alone: there was a constant surveillance by UFOs"?

What evidence do you have he ever said any such thing? Isn't it possible the quotation is totally bogus by some UFO nut who relied on his target audience's gullibility to promote it?

What do you suppose Carpenter would say if you asked him? Or if I asked him?

#246    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 14,680 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

Regarding the Carpenter quote, that statement could also have meant that astronauts always had the resource/support of the best and brightest minds at mission control. Hence, they weren't really *alone* per say. IMO, in order to really know what Mr. Carpenter meant (if he even said it) one would have to ask him for clarification.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#247    JimOberg

JimOberg

Psychic Spy

• 1,780 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

View PostLilly, on 02 November 2012 - 10:11 AM, said:

Regarding the Carpenter quote, that statement could also have meant that astronauts always had the resource/support of the best and brightest minds at mission control. Hence, they weren't really *alone* per say. IMO, in order to really know what Mr. Carpenter meant (if he even said it) one would have to ask him for clarification.

I might suggest an even more basic step would be to locate the first ufo writer to promote this possibly bogus quotation, to see who it was and what their credibility level really is. Endlessly mindlessly repeating the same nonsense doesn't make it true. And internet search engines are pretty useless in determining these important facts.

Good example -- calling Maurice Chatelain the 'former head of NASA Communications'. Repetition by like minded believers is good enough for a bright, naive kid like Zoser, with not a shred of real evidence, sadly.

Or the Afanasyev bogus story -- although there, searching IN RUSSIAN led to the original non-UFO story that was subsequently grossly distorted.

Edited by JimOberg, 02 November 2012 - 12:18 PM.

#248    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

As for Goldwater's views on UFOs, you can look in his own records and public statements.  The "Blue Room" of course has just become a common term the public is using to describe places where UFO records and artifacts are stored.  Many thought it was underground at Wright-Patterson but not even Goldwater could find out about it.

http://www.google.co...nsGmbJQHz2foGQw

This is very well known.

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 02 November 2012 - 04:48 PM.

#249    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

Dr. Carol Rosin, who was von Braun's assistant in the final years of his life, said that the government had been working on weapons in space because of a supposed threat from ETs.  This is what he told her, anyway, and he was strongly opposed to the weaponization of space.  

http://www.hiddenmys...osinreport.html

#250    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

View PostJimOberg, on 02 November 2012 - 03:15 AM, said:

Where's any evidence that anybody threatened the pensions of Cooper and Mitchell. Verifiable links, please.

What evidence is there that von Braun believed in ETs being here? Oberth did, sure enough fifty years ago. Goldwater, I have no idea about.

"Plugging" one's own website is widespread. Appealing for donations less so.

In 1973, von Braun mentioned that UFOs were real and that they came from very advanced civilizations.

"In late 1973, NASA would finally loosen their lips a bit, as they confirmed that 25 astronauts had seen UFOs during lunar missions. Werner Von Braun, famous German rocket scientist, and head of the lunar exploration program, told Esotera magazine, that "extraterrestrial powers do exist, and they are more powerful than previously thought. I’m not authorized to give you any more details on the issue.”

http://ufos.about.co...p/ufosmoon4.htm

#251    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

View PostJimOberg, on 02 November 2012 - 03:17 AM, said:

What evidence do you have he ever said any such thing? Isn't it possible the quotation is totally bogus by some UFO nut who relied on his target audience's gullibility to promote it?

What do you suppose Carpenter would say if you asked him? Or if I asked him?

Why don't you ask him about that UFO he photographed up there on May 24, 1962 and ask why NASA has not released the picture.  LOL

I wonder if it had anything to do with the UFO that was seen over six states and detected by various radars over a period of nine hours on the same day?

http://www.nicap.org...querque_dir.htm

#252    JimOberg

JimOberg

Psychic Spy

• 1,780 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 02 November 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

In 1973, von Braun mentioned that UFOs were real and that they came from very advanced civilizations.

"In late 1973, NASA would finally loosen their lips a bit, as they confirmed that 25 astronauts had seen UFOs during lunar missions. Werner Von Braun, famous German rocket scientist, and head of the lunar exploration program, told Esotera magazine, that "extraterrestrial powers do exist, and they are more powerful than previously thought. I’m not authorized to give you any more details on the issue.”

http://ufos.about.co...p/ufosmoon4.htm

Where did NASA 'confirm' this? In the delusional daydreams of 'Esoterica' magazine, perhaps, but nowhere any reality-based researcher can find. Link requested -- to prove me wrong. If they had even bothered to spell von Braun's name correctly  or provide his correct -- not imaginary -- job title, it would have been a smoother hoax, but apparently such obvious factual howlers pass YOUR 'small test' easily.

#253    JimOberg

JimOberg

Psychic Spy

• 1,780 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 02 November 2012 - 05:18 PM, said:

Why don't you ask him about that UFO he photographed up there on May 24, 1962 and ask why NASA has not released the picture.  LOL

I wonder if it had anything to do with the UFO that was seen over six states and detected by various radars over a period of nine hours on the same day?

http://www.nicap.org...querque_dir.htm

Why would UFO sightings over the United States have anything to do with a spaceflight that barely touched the southernmost states?

You CLAIM 'six states' but your link only shows one, New Mexico. And MA-7 never passed over it, ever.

Edited by JimOberg, 02 November 2012 - 05:24 PM.

#254    JimOberg

JimOberg

Psychic Spy

• 1,780 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 02 November 2012 - 05:18 PM, said:

Since there's no evidence he saw any UFO or that any MA-7 photos have not been released, why should anyone ask him about fictionalizations? Do hyou offer any evidence that the facts you allege in the questions aren't entirely bogus?

#255    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

View PostLilly, on 02 November 2012 - 10:11 AM, said:

Timothy Good thought that Carpenter was pressured by NASA to deny making that remark as well as his own UFO sighting in 1962.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users