Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 4 votes

Is Ghost Adventures Real of Fake?

• Please log in to reply
309 replies to this topic

#1    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:28 PM

Personally i think they are real. But i want your opinions if they are or not. The reason why i think they are real is 2 things. One Zak Bagans even claims he was a skeptic but he had a experience in his old apartments which caused him to start investigating to see if there is Ghosts out there. Two their Reactions to seeing stuff. I personally think this is the biggest one. You can tell that they are really spooked/startled on what they have seen/felt. They seem to capture better evidence than TAPS on Ghost Hunters and unlike TAPS the Ghost Adventures Crew hasnt hoaxed any evidence yet.

#2    ohio_traveler

ohio_traveler

Psychic Spy

• 1,863 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:47 PM

POPULAR

Real

Zak's hair has to be a hoax though

#3    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,771 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:03 PM

Yes, they are real douches.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#4    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:19 PM

I would say most their evidence is just circumstance or over hyped or even faked.

Example of hyping it.

Living witness (or possible liar): about 10pm i was walking down this hallway and i felt some one poke my back. I turn around and there was a guy and he said "go away"

Zack: SO! YOU WERE RIGHT HERE! AND HE POKED YOU IN THE BACK JUST LIKE I AM DOING NOW TO MYSELF! AND... HE. SAID. "Go Away". That is proof! that this house is HAUNTED!

Living witness (or possible liar): yes.....

Edited by Brian Topp, 16 June 2011 - 02:19 PM.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#5    vitruvian12

vitruvian12

Psychic Spy

• 1,855 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:19 PM

View Poststevemagegod, on 16 June 2011 - 01:28 PM, said:

Personally i think they are real. But i want your opinions if they are or not. The reason why i think they are real is 2 things. One Zak Bagans even claims he was a skeptic but he had a experience in his old apartments which caused him to start investigating to see if there is Ghosts out there. Two their Reactions to seeing stuff. I personally think this is the biggest one. You can tell that they are really spooked/startled on what they have seen/felt. They seem to capture better evidence than TAPS on Ghost Hunters and unlike TAPS the Ghost Adventures Crew hasnt hoaxed any evidence yet.
Those are poor reasons for believing.  One, there are many believers who have become skeptics, by your reasoning this should be used as proof against ghosts.  Two, have you ever heard of acting?  Or as is usual in these shows, over acting.

#6    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• 1,238 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:06 PM

Actually yes i have heard of acting. But they dont have degrees in that field.

#7    iluthradanar

iluthradanar

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:14 PM

They lock themselves in old places, at night, and are alone oftentimes. I'd get spooked too! No more proof than the noises I hear when I'm going to the bathroom in the dark, long hallways and all.

If they give you lined paper, write the other way.

#8    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,450 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:39 PM

I don't know if their stories are real but as someone that has seen a ghost I do believe they exist.

#9    *Frank*

*Frank*

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

• Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:49 PM

View Poststevemagegod, on 16 June 2011 - 03:06 PM, said:

Actually yes i have heard of acting. But they dont have degrees in that field.

You don't need a degree, everyone can act. Ever had to pretend to be interested when someone boring was talking to you? Acting.

There was a SIGNATURE here. It's gone now.

#10    PrettyAndDead

PrettyAndDead

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:19 PM

I know a few PI's that have investigated with them and prior to their investigation. Its all real, and I really love Zak but the three of them are taking huge risks with their lives by provoking, there is no need of that. Its already affected Aaron's marriage, Zak's home and Nick's as well. They have some pretty good evidence that we can see as it plays out, and I like that. They are pretty popular and have never been caught faking anything like TAPS..JMO

#11    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:56 PM

View PostPrettyAndDead, on 16 June 2011 - 07:19 PM, said:

I know a few PI's that have investigated with them and prior to their investigation. Its all real, and I really love Zak but the three of them are taking huge risks with their lives by provoking, there is no need of that. Its already affected Aaron's marriage, Zak's home and Nick's as well. They have some pretty good evidence that we can see as it plays out, and I like that. They are pretty popular and have never been caught faking anything like TAPS..JMO
Amazing I guess you don't read about the formal complaint about Ghost Adventures with misleading information by faking things. I have to dig the article.

Only thing they are provoking is people imagination over nothing.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#12    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:22 PM

The makers of the show make think it is real, but it is one of those shows that just makes me cringe in embarrassment for how fake it comes across. I have watched several of the shows, giving it a chance to be "real" and for the life of me it just comes across as a few hysterical guys locked up in a scary place overnight.

The "evp's" that they come up with are by far the most creatively edited bits of static I have ever seen and I doubt anyone would come up with the same words that they do if it were not for the subtitles on each evp. I will back up and replay the evp's to see if I can hear what they are claiming, and 90% of them end up being nothing close to what the subtitles are claiming.

People that do these kinds of investigations will be really happy to get a single evp, or a single bit of photo evidence in an entire night of research...somehow zach gets an evp every 5 minutes, has an entity scratch him, gets goosed by the ghost of a prostitute, the cameramen get thrown around like ragdolls, they get screamed at, have things thrown at them...it goes on and on, all in the space of an evening. To get so much wild evidence in such a short period of time leads me to believe that there is a bit of theatrics going on to keep the show exciting.

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#13    AZTom

AZTom

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:55 PM

I actually investigated, with a paranormal group, one of the places the Ghost Adventures investigated. I can only speak with authority on the Vulture City investigation,other episodes may be different. The show is a joke. They did not tell outright lies, but EVERYTHING they said was so overstated or distorted that it was comical.

#14    vitruvian12

vitruvian12

Psychic Spy

• 1,855 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 03:23 AM

View PostPrettyAndDead, on 16 June 2011 - 07:19 PM, said:

How exactly are the risking their lives?

#15    greywolf

greywolf

Psychic Spy

• 1,042 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 03:35 AM

i wish zak would fake a different hairdo.that's the only thing on the show that scares me.  
:cat:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users