Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 4 votes

Is Ghost Adventures Real of Fake?

• Please log in to reply
309 replies to this topic

#16    Grape Soda

Grape Soda

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:12 AM

the show is fake.

all of those shows are fake.

it's over-dramatized entertainment.

#17    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:40 AM

http://*******/?p=3528

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#18    TwilightSilver

TwilightSilver

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:16 AM

View PostBrian Topp, on 17 June 2011 - 04:40 AM, said:

Wanna try that link again brian?  :rofl:

This chronicles my Ghost Adventures experience: (Started from whatever season it was in...)

-Tuned in for the first time to the show: "Woah, that was kinda cool. Looks like they got something."
-Second Watch: "Hmmm....not even TAPS got that kinda stuff and they faked stuff...but still..."
-Third watch: "OK, that's gotta be a load of bullcrap..."
-Fourth watch: "SPIRIT BOX?!?!"
-Fifth Watch: "Enough of this....I'm going back to watching River Monsters or something...."

It's like "Finding Bigfoot" on Animal Planet IMO. Entertainment. Same as all of these shows. While the investigators might be real, the editing, and add-ins, are crap.

"I'm struggling to say what I want to... but you hurt my brain so much with your nonsense..."

Quote of the week: "When are people going to learn? The rapture is like a health inspection. They don't anounce when they're coming, otherwise you could let things go all year and clean everything up right before they come. The plan is to catch you off guard, so they can see what state things are kept in an on going basis." - ZeddKnite

#19    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

• 3,025 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:55 AM

some reason it blocks sci fake site.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#20    mattryan209

mattryan209

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:39 AM

Anytime ratings are involved ,and especially when you have 3 "reality" tv actors getting paid good money, you have to be at least somewhat suspicious as to what is really going on.I know its obviousthat TAPs started faking things for ratings.I don't know for certain if Ghost Adventures is doing it outright,but after watching a couple of their shows, I see them blow over minor things way out of proportion.Its funny how Zak narrates the show,and makes it seem like they are experts and everything they find couldn't be anything other than the real deal.I mean they debunk a few things,but its usually few and far in between.Its also hilarious when all the mediums,spirit guides,and quite a few EVPS mention Zak as being a prime target of demonic or evil spirits  in the area.Zak, who loves the drama, starts strutting around like he's some superhero ready to take the demons head on-LOL

Edited by mattryan209, 17 June 2011 - 06:41 AM.

False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.-Socrates (attributed to)

THOSE WITH AN I.Q. ABOVE 160 PLEASE DO NOT ARGUE WITH ME! YOU'LL JUST EMBARASS ME AND I'LL LOOK LIKE A FOOL!

#21    TwilightSilver

TwilightSilver

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:50 AM

View Postmattryan209, on 17 June 2011 - 06:39 AM, said:

Anytime ratings are involved ,and especially when you have 3 "reality" tv actors getting paid good money, you have to be at least somewhat suspicious as to what is really going on.I know its obviousthat TAPs started faking things for ratings.I don't know for certain if Ghost Adventures is doing it outright,but after watching a couple of their shows, I see them blow over minor things way out of proportion.Its funny how Zak narrates the show,and makes it seem like they are experts and everything they find couldn't be anything other than the real deal.I mean they debunk a few things,but its usually few and far in between.Its also hilarious when all the mediums,spirit guides,and quite a few EVPS mention Zak as being a prime target of demonic or evil spirits  in the area.Zak, who loves the drama, starts strutting around like he's some superhero ready to take the demons head on-LOL

I have to agree. Any time there is some demonic presence around, he is the one to get the flak from them. "F-Zak this, F-Zak that". I do feel bad for Aaron though. They just shove him alone in any conceivable place by himself in the dark. But then again, every reality show needs the "fall guy" to feel bad for.

"I'm struggling to say what I want to... but you hurt my brain so much with your nonsense..."

Quote of the week: "When are people going to learn? The rapture is like a health inspection. They don't anounce when they're coming, otherwise you could let things go all year and clean everything up right before they come. The plan is to catch you off guard, so they can see what state things are kept in an on going basis." - ZeddKnite

#22    George Ford

George Ford

smile

• 2,828 posts

• "Quickly, I require your fingers."

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:00 PM

The thing with all these shows is that they have some sort of 'proof' each week. The main presenters understanding of the word 'proof' is different from the rest of the worlds understanding of the word.

Also each different ghost show and there have been many over the years have different types of 'proof'

For example, loosening a torch cap and battery so it gets momentary contact and flashes on and off randomly is 'proof' that a ghost is communicating with someone. But if you look on youtube a man did it with out the whole ghost thing to prove it just happens anyway.

On a UK show they had a man who would become 'possessed' by a spirit on most shows and would then carry on to talk nonsense for a few minutes before passing out.

On another show they had 'images' of shadow people walking about.

On another show they had EVP 'proving' a ghost was talking to them.

On another show they had a 'Ghostbox' that randomly tunes through radio stations rapidly so picks up the odd word, and that it apparently proof of a ghost talking?

And so on and so forth. If you sit and look at the actual evidence they have then it is just not convincing. Also they dress it up and present in such a way that you might get a bit spooked before seeing something and you might just believe it, but in the cold hard light of day it looks fake or like something easily explainable.

I still enjoy watching the odd show now and again just for what people can convince themselves to believe.  :yes:

“Extraordinary claims require extraoardinary evidence”

~
Carl Sagan

#23    George Ford

George Ford

smile

• 2,828 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:02 PM

View PostBrian Topp, on 17 June 2011 - 05:55 AM, said:

some reason it blocks sci fake site.

link a search we can copy and paste into google so its at top of search, maybe as a temp work round?

Weird that a site should be censored unless it contains adult material?

~
Carl Sagan

#24    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

• 3,025 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 02:19 PM

http://tinyurl.com/6hq5bl8

#25    George Ford

George Ford

smile

• 2,828 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 02:40 PM

View PostBrian Topp, on 17 June 2011 - 02:19 PM, said:

Awesome work around! Nice to see people think outside the box!

___EDIT___

it does not work....

Edited by bulveye, 17 June 2011 - 02:42 PM.

~
Carl Sagan

#26    mattryan209

mattryan209

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:23 PM

View Postbulveye, on 17 June 2011 - 02:40 PM, said:

Awesome work around! Nice to see people think outside the box!

___EDIT___

it does not work....

I think I saw what he is referring to.It has to do with the Goldfield Hotel Episode.The article just states that Scifake has a credible witness who they can't  name,that knows the Ghost adventures team did not jump from the balcony of the Hotel like they claimed.Supposedly it is 18 feet to the ground,and Zak and the others said they jumped that high to get away from the ghosts. THe witness who can't be named says he/she saw them exit the back door and not jump from the balcony. Half of that article at Scifake is also bashing some other paranormal skeptic .I wouldn't take Scifake too seriously,they use as much drama and hype over their debunks as much as Ghost Adventures does on their "proofs" of ghosts.I tried to like that site,but it got to be as laughable as the ghost shows.They like the Ghost shows also get revenue from ads.Max banner ads I believe is their sponsor.

As I recall there was an episode that dealt with the Villisca Axe murders that looked like a pretty good debunk.I believe it was somewhere on Youtube.It had to do Aaron and a birdcage falling off the shelf next to him.The debunk was showing Aaron's hand movements and what appeared to be string attached to his hand and the birdcage.

False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.-Socrates (attributed to)

THOSE WITH AN I.Q. ABOVE 160 PLEASE DO NOT ARGUE WITH ME! YOU'LL JUST EMBARASS ME AND I'LL LOOK LIKE A FOOL!

#27    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

• 3,025 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:48 PM

Here is the link http://tinyurl.com/44soxnb

#28    Kristy P

Kristy P

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:16 AM

View PostPrettyAndDead, on 16 June 2011 - 07:19 PM, said:

I know a few PI's that have investigated with them and prior to their investigation. Its all real, and I really love Zak but the three of them are taking huge risks with their lives by provoking, there is no need of that. Its already affected Aaron's marriage, Zak's home and Nick's as well. They have some pretty good evidence that we can see as it plays out, and I like that. They are pretty popular and have never been caught faking anything like TAPS..JMO
Don't tell me you are one of Zak's fangirls? The only people watching that stupid show are lonely women and 12 year old boys. Zak isn't even hot. Unless you like total tools. Move on to Criss Angel or something. He is only slightly less of a tool.

Just a quick google search and you can find tons of stuff about GA and their fakery. They have been caught plenty of times faking. Read what some of the people forced to work on this show had to say about these jerks. Zak was a film school graduate and found a niche with this fake ghost garbage. Each episode really looks like a bad student film project complete with their horrible overacting. It's just bad drama.

Like all ghost shows you simply have to view it as entertainment and it fails even at that. No one likes spending the evening watching three idiots prance around in the dark chasing and taunting shadows.

Don't worry. They are not in danger. No ghosts or demons are effecting their personal lives. Only their douchiness.

#29    PrettyAndDead

PrettyAndDead

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:10 PM

[quote name='Kristy P' timestamp='1308374213' post='3955536']
Don't tell me you are one of Zak's fangirls? The only people watching that stupid show are lonely women and 12 year old boys. Zak isn't even hot. Unless you like total tools. Move on to Criss Angel or something. He is only slightly less of a tool.

Just a quick google search and you can find tons of stuff about GA and their fakery. They have been caught plenty of times faking. Read what some of the people forced to work on this show had to say about these jerks. Zak was a film school graduate and found a niche with this fake ghost garbage. Each episode really looks like a bad student film project complete with their horrible overacting. It's just bad drama.

Like all ghost shows you simply have to view it as entertainment and it fails even at that. No one likes spending the evening watching three idiots prance around in the dark chasing and taunting shadows.

Don't worry. They are not in danger. No ghosts or demons are effecting their personal lives. Only their douchiness.

Kristy I am not a 19 year old groupie so keep the insults to a minimum. Anyone who summons or conjures up demons is vulerable for something to attach to them, or follow them home, thats a given. I dont care about dramatics, or the crew. What they are doing is dangerous whether its embellished or not..If you dont like to watch those "idiots" thats why we have remote controls..

#30    vitruvian12

vitruvian12

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:28 PM

View PostPrettyAndDead, on 18 June 2011 - 06:10 PM, said:

Kristy I am not a 19 year old groupie so keep the insults to a minimum. Anyone who summons or conjures up demons is vulerable for something to attach to them, or follow them home, thats a given. I dont care about dramatics, or the crew. What they are doing is dangerous whether its embellished or not..If you dont like to watch those "idiots" thats why we have remote controls..
Its far from a "given" that demons and ghostd even exist, so the possiblity of being endangered by them is even less so.  Claiming those things as an axiom is a unsupported place to start from.  Proove they even exist to begin with then your take on their behaviors and dangers can be talked about with some credibility

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users