Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 4 votes

Is Ghost Adventures Real of Fake?

• Please log in to reply
309 replies to this topic

#181    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,091 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:57 PM

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route to find out what really happened.

#182    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,091 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:06 PM

Now the big thing that people were talking about a few years ago with Ghost Hunters, when they did an episode with as guy who calls himself Cowboy bob. If you don't recall the episode (or just don't watch the show) it basically went like this, This guy came on GA show and said he invited a new technology for paranormal. In a clip you see Cowboy bob throwing his emf and claimed it was paranormal. After they published the show there was a HUGE audience outburst.

Now, Zack claims he looks and examines every piece of video evidence and gives it to the studio for the show. So how can he miss something SO obvious is beyond me. I believe in order to keep his ratings he threw cowboy bob under the bus.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route to find out what really happened.

#183    Camarel

Camarel

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 222 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:27 AM

View PostBrian Topp, on 26 July 2012 - 07:06 PM, said:

Now the big thing that people were talking about a few years ago with Ghost Hunters, when they did an episode with as guy who calls himself Cowboy bob. If you don't recall the episode (or just don't watch the show) it basically went like this, This guy came on GA show and said he invited a new technology for paranormal. In a clip you see Cowboy bob throwing his emf and claimed it was paranormal. After they published the show there was a HUGE audience outburst.

Now, Zack claims he looks and examines every piece of video evidence and gives it to the studio for the show. So how can he miss something SO obvious is beyond me. I believe in order to keep his ratings he threw cowboy bob under the bus.

Thanks to you and sakari i think they're maybe not as bad as the Sylvia Brownes but they still portray false hope. I hope people start to realize if there are ghosts

they're not jst gonna appear as apparent proof in front of a tv show crew with good ratings.

#184    Sheetz

Sheetz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:07 AM

whether fake, real or a mix of both, one thing I'll give them is their format over others like Ghost Hunters that have complete production and staging crews behind the scenes, waves of multiple "investigators" going through the same rooms, or different parts of a location at the same time, but more importantly, have a camera man and sometimes a sound man following the investigators around filming. I often wonder how many times when the investigator on GH hears something its actually the clumsy sound guy or cameraman behind them filming.  At least on GA its just those three dudes and their cameras.  No extra crew in there with them...makes it seem a bit more "spontaneous" I suppose. LOL  There is another thread going where it was completely clear and evident that the cameraman was the cause of a chain and pitchfork sliding across a wall...but during the reveal, Jason and Grant zoomed the footage to crop out the cameraman going through the doorway.  The scene was caught on a static camera that was placed on the shelf and this camera guy with a huge shoulder pack was the reason...pretty funny, but they so played up the angle of it being a abnormal to the home owner.  So with that, I like the format of GA much better with no extra production people inside the location...sort of like the attraction of Les Stroud on Survivorman.  His 'hook" is that he films the whole episode all by himself.  no other cameras but what he totes.  Can't say that for Bear Grylls...who at the end of the day sleeps in a Hampton Inn between filming "surviving". lol

#185    AdrianCrux465

AdrianCrux465

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:38 AM

View PostSheetz, on 26 July 2012 - 02:28 AM, said:

where did you get that tidbit?  Zak was a dorkie 160 lb. nerd in the first GA documentary which was only like 5 or 6 years ago.....I don't think he could fight his way out of a paper baggy let alone MMA.  Do you have a link to that info somewhere??  He sure was a scrawny lad in that first GA docu.

well, i read that in the book he wrote, but it only said that he fought in it. that doesn't exactly mean that he won any of his fights, now does it?

#186    Ghostsrule!

Ghostsrule!

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:25 AM

FAKE AND ANNOYING! I mean come on you are supposed to be a Ghost Hunters why scream and act like little girls every time you hear a creek!

#187    A rather obscure Bassoon

A rather obscure Bassoon

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,869 posts

• "The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline luggage."

Mark Russel

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:50 AM

Catering to an ever growing audience of believers in the Paranormal,seems to be the norm by giving these people what they want.After having a look at the new season of Destination Truth,it seems that they are starting more where they left off.Even more ghost hunts.

People want to see paranormal captured on camera,ghosts are in but looking on the bright side,my Skepticism remains firm.Zak and Mr. Gates and co are providing a service to the wishful thinkers and very unopened minded.

Edited by shaddow134, 27 July 2012 - 04:51 AM.

" Why didn't Noah swat those two mosquitos. "

Anon.

#188    Camarel

Camarel

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 222 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:12 AM

View PostAdrianCrux465, on 27 July 2012 - 03:38 AM, said:

well, i read that in the book he wrote, but it only said that he fought in it. that doesn't exactly mean that he won any of his fights, now does it?

http://www.fightmaga...id=364&issid=29

According to this he uses mma fighting styles to battle ghosts lol.

#189    mysticwerewolf

mysticwerewolf

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

• I'm baaaaaack

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:55 AM

personally, and with no evidence either way i think most of them are fake
they are over dramatized  they all have some point in the show where it  "RUN it's right next to you " or "WHAT The he... am i lookng at",  or   "What Was That" or some other  scare everyone sheepless to keep them watching statement.
  and i know from personal experience that the supernatural doesn't just happen in the dead of night in pitch blackness that requires a hundred thousand dollars worth of  equipment  to find. BUT not one of them   Not even ghost hunters goes in and does day light  studies
the human mind gets wierd in pitch blackness, every noise is something coming to get you, it will eat your brains or ravage you  mind or something.

Edited by mysticwerewolf, 27 July 2012 - 08:57 AM.

#190    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 19,251 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:08 AM

My personal opinion on all so called "reality TV" is that 90% of what they show isn't real. I really wish the trend would return to fictional entertainment and ditch all the "reality" nonsense.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#191    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,276 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:22 PM

Ghost Adventures, Ghost Hunters, it's all crap.

But GA is entertaining crap.

If ghosts wanted  an entrepreneur , they'd call on Zac.

#192    Sheetz

Sheetz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:27 PM

View PostCamarel, on 27 July 2012 - 06:12 AM, said:

http://www.fightmaga...id=364&issid=29

According to this he uses mma fighting styles to battle ghosts lol.

Hahaa....and there is nothing stating he even knows any martial arts other than some studying up on it and having a few friends who were involved and having a favorite MMA fighter he liked to watch.  Like I said, a few short years ago before he "studied" steroids, he was a very scrawny lad.  He better watch out, even on camera he is starting to exhibit the signs of "use" as he grows older.  One thing for sure, bulking up and being able to fight are two entirely different things.  Nothing like a roundhouse kick to a shadow figure to stay in shape.

#193    YasminRose

YasminRose

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:59 AM

So far its hard to get a straight answer any where regarding whether this show is real or fake.
Everyone just seems to be guessing?

#194    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:29 AM

idk i rly don't like that zak guy he annoys me for some reason. oh and he was going to try and defend himself against a ghost with a machete....wtf?

If your not after beauty, then why are you even drawing breath?

#195    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,452 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:21 PM

View PostYasminRose, on 02 August 2012 - 07:59 AM, said:

So far its hard to get a straight answer any where regarding whether this show is real or fake.
Everyone just seems to be guessing?

No, scroll back to the videos...put that piece of evidence in the equation.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users