Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 4 votes

Is Ghost Adventures Real of Fake?

• Please log in to reply
309 replies to this topic

#286    In_Spirit

In_Spirit

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:34 AM

There are a lot of people with the opinion that the show is fake, yet no one offers any convincing proof that it is fake. During each episode, Zak, Nick and Aaron present compelling evidence gathered through the use of accepted and widely used paranormal research methods. They also use new innovative equipment (ie. the mel meter) which was developed by a grieving dad who has received countless 'after death communication' messages from his deceased daughter. You can learn more about that from watching "The Galka Family" episode.

Yes, Zak is very 'in your face' with his approach, but this is clearly how he gets results. He is antagonizing and provoking the ghosts to get a reaction and it obviously works. This is the best paranormal show I've seen on television thus far and I really admire Zak and his crew for the work they are doing. They are not only gathering proof of an afterlife, but with the wide success of their show, they are opening people's eyes to the real possibility that there is life after death. That is pretty amazing if you think about it.

With digital cameras and video so widespread now, we are seeing and capturing more and more evidence of the paranormal. Clearly these guys took it one step further and turned their research into a documentary, which later turned into a wildly successful TV show. Their work is enlightening and helps to pave the way for more research into paranormal phenomenon.

They get some amazing results because they do a lot of research and seek out the most reputable and highly active haunted places and not every show is amazing, sometimes it is just one or two things that occur. I highly recommend watching the 'Riddle house' episode to anyone in doubt - that is the one when Aaron was up in the attic and the bird cage fell down behind him- that is also the episode where the wooden block was knocked off the steps when they were all together on the main floor. The fact that they get a third party to lock just the three of them in to a house or building for the entire night is also affirming. And when they bring in outsiders to join them on the show for investigations, this is further proof that they are not 'faking' it. No one who joined them has come forward to say 'yeah, nothing happened, it's all fake, yo'

Another reason I feel that this show is authentic is that they interview several people in each episode that are witness to the ghosts. People who work or live nearby who have had their own personal experiences at those locations. This is further evidence to support their research. It becomes clear that they are dealing with something many other people have encountered, so why shouldn't their equipment and provoking techniques get results? With every episode they are providing outstanding documentation of paranormal activity and until someone proves otherwise or until the show's producers admit otherwise, I have no reason to think that it is fake. Also, I am usually a pretty good judge of character, and these guys don't strike me as dishonest.

Edited by In_Spirit, 10 April 2013 - 05:37 AM.

#287    Paradoxum

Paradoxum

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 111 posts

• "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

I really enjoy this show. And remember, at the start there is a statement saying "For entertainment purposes only" and that's what it does - entertain! They do have some interesting finds in there but it is cut so heavily you will never know if what they discover is true evidence or not. Still, I like it.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." - A. Einstein

#288    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:23 PM

Murk, on 10 April 2013 - 03:58 PM, said:

I really enjoy this show. And remember, at the start there is a statement saying "For entertainment purposes only" and that's what it does - entertain! They do have some interesting finds in there but it is cut so heavily you will never know if what they discover is true evidence or not. Still, I like it.

That's a legal requirement.

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

#289    Paradoxum

Paradoxum

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 111 posts

• "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

Heaven Is A Halfpipe, on 10 April 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

That's a legal requirement.

The question is why is it a legal requirement? Is it in case people take it for being real? Would be interesting to find out why it has to be displayed prior to the program, as other similar shows do not.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." - A. Einstein

#290    In_Spirit

In_Spirit

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:36 AM

Murk, on 10 April 2013 - 03:58 PM, said:

I am watching the show right now and have many episodes recorded on my DVR and not a single one says 'For entertainment purposes only' at the start of the show. This may be something locally required in your area, but when they air in Canada, they do not say this.

#291    Godofcats

Godofcats

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

I don't think they're fake i just think they're stutid. Their "debunking" is laughable. Most of their evidence are evps that are total bull. I havnt watched in years because its so dumb. I've found many things of zach's stupidity. For example in one episode he was sitting on a bed with a recorder and claimed to get an evp. But if you watch the video the "voice" is just the sound ofhim moving around on the bed

#292    BlueBomber

BlueBomber

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 238 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

I don't think they fake it, but the show it a little over the top at times. I get a lot of people think they are acting, I don't buy that. It's fairly obvious Zak is extremely passionate about it and really believes it. Proving ghosts exist is tough. Great show though, very entertaining.

A skeptical believer.

#293    cherrygemini

cherrygemini

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:01 AM

like bluebomber said, i wouldn't exactly say any of it is necessarily fake, but definitely over the top, and at times i feel like the group is often reacting to things that really aren't there. it's pure entertainment, and while maybe not purposely faked, definitely exaggerated and silly.

(the only thing zak bagans is truly opening himself up to, however, is getting himself killed. he's extremely reckless and at times i can barely watch him.)

Edited by cherry!, 19 April 2013 - 12:03 AM.

#294    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:59 AM

I would like to think the show Supernatural with the Winchester Brothers is real.  They are hhooott.

#295    Midyin

Midyin

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:26 PM

I don't know about Ghost Adventures, but I think Paranormal State is 70% BS. For starts I HATE Ryan Buell. He's an unprofessional, self righteous, little D-bag with delusions of grandeur..

Every episode is the same. he goes into a local haunting/legend, claims it's a Demon that only he(the last Crusader) can banish, and completely over acts as he "Squares off against evil" in Gods name like he's the leading role in some crapy written haunted house movie...

At least the guy from Ghost adventures has a personality. He seems like he would be fun to hang out with. Watch football, drink beer, go beat up a ghost... lol

#296    dm08

dm08

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:56 PM

This is my favorite show on TV; I think the entertainment value is fantastic.  However, I'm pretty skeptical about much of what they show.  The birdcage incident at Riddle House looks like it could have been staged.  Also, there are several spirit box "voices" they get that make me wonder, as it looks like the words are actually being spoken by the guys themselves.  Again, I think it's a fantastic show, but I don't trust much of it.

#297    evil_kenshin

evil_kenshin

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

In the latest episode its pretty suspicious when they heard voices apparently on that spirit communicator device they have and then it cuts to billy & the audio tech guy and you see billy removing his hand from an identical looking device to the one the crew use (a 2 way radio?)

#298    captain pish

captain pish

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

I thinks it's fake on account of there being no such things as ghosts. Pretty straight forward really. There has never been one shred of evidence to suggest the existence if ghosts, it's all just coincidence, over active imagination and downright fabrications. There has never been a video or photo of a ghost that cannot be explained as a hoax or mistaken identity.

#299    BlueBomber

BlueBomber

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 238 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

coldethyl, on 19 April 2013 - 03:59 AM, said:

I would like to think the show Supernatural with the Winchester Brothers is real.  They are hhooott.
Unfortunately, they are not real. However, the actors that play them are.

A skeptical believer.

#300    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:06 PM

BlueBomber, on 02 May 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

Unfortunately, they are not real. However, the actors that play them are.

Good enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users