Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Ghost Adventures Real of Fake?

stevemagegod

Personally i think they are real. But i want your opinions if they are or not. The reason why i think they are real is 2 things. One Zak Bagans even claims he was a skeptic but he had a experience in his old apartments which caused him to start investigating to see if there is Ghosts out there. Two their Reactions to seeing stuff. I personally think this is the biggest one. You can tell that they are really spooked/startled on what they have seen/felt. They seem to capture better evidence than TAPS on Ghost Hunters and unlike TAPS the Ghost Adventures Crew hasnt hoaxed any evidence yet.

• Like 1

I would say most their evidence is just circumstance or over hyped or even faked.

Example of hyping it.

Living witness (or possible liar): about 10pm i was walking down this hallway and i felt some one poke my back. I turn around and there was a guy and he said "go away"

Zack: SO! YOU WERE RIGHT HERE! AND HE POKED YOU IN THE BACK JUST LIKE I AM DOING NOW TO MYSELF! AND... HE. SAID. "Go Away". That is proof! that this house is HAUNTED!

Living witness (or possible liar): yes.....

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 2

Personally i think they are real. But i want your opinions if they are or not. The reason why i think they are real is 2 things. One Zak Bagans even claims he was a skeptic but he had a experience in his old apartments which caused him to start investigating to see if there is Ghosts out there. Two their Reactions to seeing stuff. I personally think this is the biggest one. You can tell that they are really spooked/startled on what they have seen/felt. They seem to capture better evidence than TAPS on Ghost Hunters and unlike TAPS the Ghost Adventures Crew hasnt hoaxed any evidence yet.

Those are poor reasons for believing. One, there are many believers who have become skeptics, by your reasoning this should be used as proof against ghosts. Two, have you ever heard of acting? Or as is usual in these shows, over acting.

Actually yes i have heard of acting. But they dont have degrees in that field.

They lock themselves in old places, at night, and are alone oftentimes. I'd get spooked too! No more proof than the noises I hear when I'm going to the bathroom in the dark, long hallways and all.

• Like 1

I don't know if their stories are real but as someone that has seen a ghost I do believe they exist.

• Like 1

Actually yes i have heard of acting. But they dont have degrees in that field.

You don't need a degree, everyone can act. Ever had to pretend to be interested when someone boring was talking to you? Acting.

• Like 3

I know a few PI's that have investigated with them and prior to their investigation. Its all real, and I really love Zak but the three of them are taking huge risks with their lives by provoking, there is no need of that. Its already affected Aaron's marriage, Zak's home and Nick's as well. They have some pretty good evidence that we can see as it plays out, and I like that. They are pretty popular and have never been caught faking anything like TAPS..JMO

I know a few PI's that have investigated with them and prior to their investigation. Its all real, and I really love Zak but the three of them are taking huge risks with their lives by provoking, there is no need of that. Its already affected Aaron's marriage, Zak's home and Nick's as well. They have some pretty good evidence that we can see as it plays out, and I like that. They are pretty popular and have never been caught faking anything like TAPS..JMO

Amazing I guess you don't read about the formal complaint about Ghost Adventures with misleading information by faking things. I have to dig the article.

Only thing they are provoking is people imagination over nothing.

• Like 1

The makers of the show make think it is real, but it is one of those shows that just makes me cringe in embarrassment for how fake it comes across. I have watched several of the shows, giving it a chance to be "real" and for the life of me it just comes across as a few hysterical guys locked up in a scary place overnight.

The "evp's" that they come up with are by far the most creatively edited bits of static I have ever seen and I doubt anyone would come up with the same words that they do if it were not for the subtitles on each evp. I will back up and replay the evp's to see if I can hear what they are claiming, and 90% of them end up being nothing close to what the subtitles are claiming.

People that do these kinds of investigations will be really happy to get a single evp, or a single bit of photo evidence in an entire night of research...somehow zach gets an evp every 5 minutes, has an entity scratch him, gets goosed by the ghost of a prostitute, the cameramen get thrown around like ragdolls, they get screamed at, have things thrown at them...it goes on and on, all in the space of an evening. To get so much wild evidence in such a short period of time leads me to believe that there is a bit of theatrics going on to keep the show exciting.

• Like 2

I actually investigated, with a paranormal group, one of the places the Ghost Adventures investigated. I can only speak with authority on the Vulture City investigation,other episodes may be different. The show is a joke. They did not tell outright lies, but EVERYTHING they said was so overstated or distorted that it was comical.

How exactly are the risking their lives?

i wish zak would fake a different hairdo.that's the only thing on the show that scares me.

:cat:

• Like 1

the show is fake.

all of those shows are fake.

it's over-dramatized entertainment.

Wanna try that link again brian? :rofl:

This chronicles my Ghost Adventures experience: (Started from whatever season it was in...)

-Tuned in for the first time to the show: "Woah, that was kinda cool. Looks like they got something."

-Second Watch: "Hmmm....not even TAPS got that kinda stuff and they faked stuff...but still..."

-Third watch: "OK, that's gotta be a load of bullcrap..."

-Fourth watch: "SPIRIT BOX?!?!"

-Fifth Watch: "Enough of this....I'm going back to watching River Monsters or something...."

It's like "Finding Bigfoot" on Animal Planet IMO. Entertainment. Same as all of these shows. While the investigators might be real, the editing, and add-ins, are crap.

Anytime ratings are involved ,and especially when you have 3 "reality" tv actors getting paid good money, you have to be at least somewhat suspicious as to what is really going on.I know its obviousthat TAPs started faking things for ratings.I don't know for certain if Ghost Adventures is doing it outright,but after watching a couple of their shows, I see them blow over minor things way out of proportion.Its funny how Zak narrates the show,and makes it seem like they are experts and everything they find couldn't be anything other than the real deal.I mean they debunk a few things,but its usually few and far in between.Its also hilarious when all the mediums,spirit guides,and quite a few EVPS mention Zak as being a prime target of demonic or evil spirits in the area.Zak, who loves the drama, starts strutting around like he's some superhero ready to take the demons head on-LOL

Edited by mattryan209
  • Like 1

Anytime ratings are involved ,and especially when you have 3 "reality" tv actors getting paid good money, you have to be at least somewhat suspicious as to what is really going on.I know its obviousthat TAPs started faking things for ratings.I don't know for certain if Ghost Adventures is doing it outright,but after watching a couple of their shows, I see them blow over minor things way out of proportion.Its funny how Zak narrates the show,and makes it seem like they are experts and everything they find couldn't be anything other than the real deal.I mean they debunk a few things,but its usually few and far in between.Its also hilarious when all the mediums,spirit guides,and quite a few EVPS mention Zak as being a prime target of demonic or evil spirits in the area.Zak, who loves the drama, starts strutting around like he's some superhero ready to take the demons head on-LOL

I have to agree. Any time there is some demonic presence around, he is the one to get the flak from them. "F-Zak this, F-Zak that". I do feel bad for Aaron though. They just shove him alone in any conceivable place by himself in the dark. But then again, every reality show needs the "fall guy" to feel bad for.

The thing with all these shows is that they have some sort of 'proof' each week. The main presenters understanding of the word 'proof' is different from the rest of the worlds understanding of the word.

Also each different ghost show and there have been many over the years have different types of 'proof'

For example, loosening a torch cap and battery so it gets momentary contact and flashes on and off randomly is 'proof' that a ghost is communicating with someone. But if you look on youtube a man did it with out the whole ghost thing to prove it just happens anyway.

On a UK show they had a man who would become 'possessed' by a spirit on most shows and would then carry on to talk nonsense for a few minutes before passing out.

On another show they had 'images' of shadow people walking about.

On another show they had EVP 'proving' a ghost was talking to them.

On another show they had a 'Ghostbox' that randomly tunes through radio stations rapidly so picks up the odd word, and that it apparently proof of a ghost talking?

And so on and so forth. If you sit and look at the actual evidence they have then it is just not convincing. Also they dress it up and present in such a way that you might get a bit spooked before seeing something and you might just believe it, but in the cold hard light of day it looks fake or like something easily explainable.

I still enjoy watching the odd show now and again just for what people can convince themselves to believe. :yes:

some reason it blocks sci fake site.

link a search we can copy and paste into google so its at top of search, maybe as a temp work round?

Weird that a site should be censored unless it contains adult material?